“Hotel condition” 4 of 5 stars

You added Catalonia Atenas Hotel to your Saves list
Catalonia Atenas Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda Meridiana 151, 08026 Barcelona, Spain   |
Ranked #329 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Haifa, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for 1 night. they have a nice elementary breakfast - which was still more than I expected.

The staff is very kind and nice, but the most important thing is that the "Clot" Metro station was a crosswalk away! when you get out of the hotel you just croos to the other side of the road (or if you rather stay on the same side there is also an access to the station in a 3 minutes walk) and there you are! after 5-7 minutes you have to get out on the "Catalunya" station and you are on La Rambla street! that was fabulous and it made everything easier in Barcelona.

Unfortunately, the rooms were old and smelled of cigarettes and the were extremely small.

Room Tip: Take a room in the 3rd or 4th floor: the elevators are busy (depend on the time you travel) so if yo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at hotel Catalonia Atenas for 4 days, together with my boyfriend! The hotel is great! The only complain we can possibly have is that the room we stayed in was a bit small. This was not a big problem for us since we don't stay in our hotel room a lot while we are on holiday, but I can imagine other people being a bit disappointed. I do see that a lot of people write reviews in which they say they have pretty big rooms, so it could just be that we had a bit of bad luck. The breakfast in the hotel is great and the staff is very helpful and nice. The Ramblas our easy to reach by metro and the hotel is nearby a big shopping mall called grazie. Furthermore the view from the pool on the roof was great! I enjoyed having a rest near the pool after a long day of walking and sightseeing. The pool is a bit small though,... to have a pleasant stay near the pool there should be no more than 5-6 people at a time. In summary this is a great hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Barcelona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Location of the hotel is perfect but rooms are very small. We got twin bed instead of double, and they could not change it since hotel was full. Rooms are small, but quite clean. Swimming pool occured to be smaller than it was expected according to the pictures from the site. We could not swim there. View from the top was perfect.
Next time I would prefer to stay in the other hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Malaga, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed here last week for 3 nights with my husband and 11 year old son.The room was noisy,the air conditioning poor,but the worst thing was that the bathroom door did not close,and you could see right through to the toilet as a result!! The sheets were not changed once in the 3 nights we stayed there and the curtains were torn and hanging off the rails.They were partly stuck together with power tape !!! We were not offered another room until they knew that it was our last night there.I filled in a complaint on leaving and left all my details but have not received any sort of apology.One of the receptionists(Guillermo)was very rude to me and said that we should have complained earlier.I explained thet I already did on arrival !!! this hotel was absolutely awful and I would rate it as a 1 star.Nowhere near the 4 stars.I wish that I had filled in the official libro de quejas y reclamaciones.I did hand in my complaint personally to the management.I am looking to take this further.I dealt with it all in catellano so there was no misunderstanding!!!

Room Tip: I can´t ours was so bad
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Qiryat Bialik Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

we have been there in early june.
A very pleasant and comfortable hotel.Great location, close to CLOT metro station,just 4 stops from catalonia plasa .Very nice and helpful staff.
Excellent breakfast. Has a rooftop pool and spa services, unfortunately we were too busy tripping so we could not use them. The room was clean and tidy and the towels were replaced as required.
The only tricky thing is there was not a minibar and no kettle for making coffee but we got along without them.
In general a good value for money and highly reccomended hotel

Room Tip: pick a high floor room away from the street noise down.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Had to change rooms after the first sleepless night, due to lack of air conditioning. Next room was adequate.
Beware of the bartender named Pilar, as she tried to overcharge us. When i confronted her she did not admit a mistake, but then did reduce the price when I refused to back down. She tried to charge us 8 euros for a small domestic draft beer and a small glass of the cava that is listed at 2.40. On the other hand, Sebastion was extremely pleasant and honest.
The breakfast was amazing. The front desk staff were generally quite friendly and helpful. The pools a bit of a joke, but the deck does offer a good view of the city.
Although not in the heart of the main tourist zones, it's only a 10 minute subway ride.

Room Tip: Check air conditionig
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Catalonia Atenas Hotel? Share your experiences!