We stayed for 4 nights and was pleasantly surprised to find this hotel in an excellent, easy to find area. We did request a nice view room but ended up with a view of apartments opposite. The room was great, spacious with a huge t.v and big bathroom. The double beds are not average size, be aware and didn't give us much turning room however we slept comfortably with no noise disturbance from outside or inside, in fact we often thought we were the only one's in the hotel. Limited tea, coffee and milk supplies but a good working fridge which we used to store our water bottle in ( shop over the road sold water rather cheap). We didn't eat at the hotel and found a cafe within 5 minutes walk which was reasonable and catered for vegetarians. We had to ask every night for additional towels, we sometimes were left none and sometimes 2 (there were 3 staying in the room) this could be annoying if your back late and want a quick shower before bed. On the last night of our stay we arrived back to the room around 11pm and were shocked to find wet towels draped all over the floor from the door into the bedroom, we asked at reception what had happened to then be told our room had flooded whilst we were out and they had forgotten to remove the towels. Needless to say we waited for housekeeping to arrive and remove them, leaving a wet carpet and wet clothes that had been left on the floor when we went out. Staff at reception told us we had to wait until the morning to speak to someone about this. Although the staff in the morning were very apologetic it was abit late to be offered use of their laundry facilities free of charge as we leaving for our flight home. It was a shame this happened as the rest of our stay was very pleasant and would book again if I ever returned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Barcelona - Fira Center Hotel is set in the heart of Montjuic, one of the most cultural areas of the city. Located between the famous Plaza de Espana and Gran Via Avenue, visit the nearby Montjuic Magic Fountains, Olympic Stadium and Montjuic Castle. You can also spend some time shopping in the amazing entertainment centre - Arenas de Barcelona. If you decide to enjoy the attractions of the Barcelona city centre, you are only a few metro stops away. See Gaudi's impressive Sagrada Familia or spend some time among the pavement cafes and entertainers of Las Ramblas, or take a quick drive to Barcelona's beach. This Barcelona hotel is convenient for your business travel, with meeting and conference facilities and free High Speed WIFI access to make sure you are connected at all times. You will be ideally located for easy access to the Fira de Barcelona Exhibition Centre. Whether you are staying with us for business or for a city break, our excellent location is only a 25 minutes' drive from Barcelona's International Airport and with the metro station Plaza Espana being a short walk away, Crowne Plaza Barcelona - Fira Center is perfect choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Otel, EasyToBook and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Barcelona - Fira Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fira Palace Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Fira Palace Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Fira Palace
- Crowne Plaza Barcelona - Fira Center Catalonia