“Everything was ok until I checked out” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Barcelona

You added Hilton Barcelona to your Saves list
Hilton Barcelona
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Diagonal 589-591, 08014 Barcelona, Spain (Les Corts)   |
Special Offer
Save 20% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #128 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Kuala Lumpur
“Everything was ok until I checked out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. Everything was good. The staff speaks and understands English well. But on the day we checked out I saw the bill and noticed minibar charges. I told him we didnt' take anything from the minibar. He needed sometime to delete and recalculate the bill. Since my husband used his credit card during check in, I would need his credit card to settle the bill during check out. I went up to the hotel room to pack and my husband settled the bill. He overlooked that we were charged double on the 5th of November. We arrived on the 5th so we were charged on the 5th BUT there was also a charge of Euro180 of "NO SHOW CHARGE".
I have emailed and called Hilton but no one has gotten back to me about it. The email that I received recently was a generic email that says that they aren't able to waive the amount charged and that someone has gotten back to me. But NO ONE has called or emailed me regarding this matter. I'm really upset and unhappy about this. I even attached the hotel bill statement.

I'm unhappy with Hilton's service. I expected better from a known chain of hotel like Hilton.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonBcn, Manager at Hilton Barcelona, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Like you, I am a huge fan of Trip advisor and I use it a lot for my own travels. I appreciate constructive comment therefore allow me to clarify your 2 points that caused disappointment.

Mini-Bar charges: All our mini bars are a well-known automated system called Bartech and information stickers in 5 languages in the mini bar are pro-actively informing our guests that any item that would be pulled up few seconds, will be charged automatically in your bill. There is a place dedicated for storage for personal product as we know that travellers might need space for a couple of items. The automatic system choice allows us not to enter in the room if it is not needed and respect our guest privacy.
When told that you did not use it, it was kindly remove and I apologise if the rebate took too long for your expectations.

No show charge: I will comment the no-show invoice separately to you directly as it does not give any added value to other fellow travellers.

Alain Martzolff
Director of operations
guest@hiltonbarcelona.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I first learned of this hotel during a company paid travel to Barcelona. The checkin and checkout service is SLOW. But then I'm not sure if that's just the laid-back culture there. Staff speaks perfect English and I had no troubles communicating with anyone. Except when I specifically asked for my green salad not to have salmon, when it was delivered to my room, it still had 4 pieces of raw salmon :) Not a big deal as I am not a vegetarian so I just moved the fish at the side of the plate. But the fact that I specifically asked for it not to be there, just kind of bothers me a bit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Always great to stay at this hotel. Maria Sorolla (on reception) is always so helpful and nothing is ever too much trouble. This hotel is in a Great location for going to see any Barcelona FC home games (10 min walk to the ground).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Barcelona for 6 days and were very pleased with it. Service at the front desk was always prompt and courteous. We were able to check in at 9 AM when we arrived from NY. The rooms were decent sized -- bigger than your typical European hotel -- and modern. We had no problems with the wifi. We had an executive floor so we were also able to enjoy the free breakfast and happy hour at the end of the day. As mentioned in other reviews, this hotel is in the business district and roughly a 1/2 hour combined walk/metro ride to the tourist area of Plaza Catalunya which did mean that we took a cab or metro each day but we enjoyed being in a quieter area and also chose the hotel to be near the chabad for the sabbath. The hotel was also a 15 minute walk from the hop on/hop off bus and near several shopping centers and parks. The taxi stand in front and the helpful bellmen were another plus. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

The location of the hotel is not bad for access to the train station and metro but it is a bit of a hitke to the city centre, Clearly this is a business hotel and they struggle a bit with tourists. When I was asking about directions to the Hilton Madrid they did not mention that my train ticket would take me from the main station in Madrid on to the airport and the hotel shuttle, Their answer to all transit questions was "take a cab" which is alright when your funds are unlimited. The breakfast was brilliant. Wait until you hit diamond status to stay here if you are a Hilton member because gold status won't get you into the concierge lounge, Service at the front desk was uneven in quality and almost always short handed. Not up to snuff for a top tier chain. Too many power on lights in the room.

Room Tip: ask for a mediterranean view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Hotel staff were very good; made us feel welcome after a 2 week cruise. Lots of stores and restaurants in the area to choose from. Directions for the Metro and bus were helpful; we were going to Park Guell for the morning. Check in and Check out were speedy. We really appreciated the taxi stand right out the front door which made transportation to the airport easy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonBcn, Manager at Hilton Barcelona, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear guest,

Your feedback and 5* rating gives warm to our heart as we are happy that our love for hospitality has been shared and noticed.
Best regards,
Alain Martzolff - Director of Operations
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The hotel is very nice and the location is wonderful. This was our second stay at the Hilton Barcelona and will definitely stay there again. One word of advice, don't get it confused with the Hilton Mar on Diagonal since that one is very far from everything you want to see in Barcelona. Even after having stayed at the Hilton Barcelona once already I got confused booking online and booked the other one instead and they charged me for one night's stay even though it was only 4:45 p.m. when we got the mistake figured out.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear recent and loyal visitor,

I am sorry that there was a confusion with our sister hotel called Hilton Diagonal Mar.
We are called Hilton Barcelona as we were the 1st Hilton one to open in the city and we are indeed located in the upper Diagonal avenue. in the zone of "Les Corts".
We hope seeing you soon for more Barcelona adventures.
Kind regards,
Alain Martzolff - Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Barcelona? Share your experiences!