“Centrally Located” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #200 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Prague, Czech Republic
“Centrally Located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights, the room was slightly cramped but the bathroom was good. It was centrally located with great access to lots of places. The tour bus stop was walking distance from us. The staff were super friendly, however rooms were a bit noisy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your comments about our Hotel Regina in Barcelona.

As you said the location of our hotel is centrally located, just one minute walk from Plaza de Catalunya and Las Ramblas and next to all public transport in the city, including the Aerobus.

I apologize if you feel that your room was noisy, however, if you decide to come back to Barcelona, please contact me directly at mbanon@grhoteles.com i will be happy to personally handle your reservation and assign you a very quiet room.

Best regards,

Hotel Regina Barcelona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

2 mins walk from areo bus stop, cozy and clean room but not very spacy. Toilet is above standard. Easy access to internet with stable wifi in the room. Very friendly staff even during the night shift. It is a pity that we only stay here for one night and have to leave for Madrid today.

Dear sir,

First of all I would like to thank you for such a positive comment about our Hotel Regina in Barcelona and our facilities.
I will extend your comments to our night staff, I am glad that you felt confortable in our hotel unless you stayed with us only one night. But if you choose to come back some another time to Barcelona, it will be a pleasure to personally take care of your reservation,you can contact me mbanon@grhoteles.com

Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights into the new year the hotel is in a central location and you can get everywhere in the city as is in a central point. The staff are helpful and always on hand. I would recommend that people stay here- singles, friends and families - it should be stated on the first day randomly in the lobby we did see a cockroach but we informed the hotel and they got rid of this but we did not see another one anywhere.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Sir,

First of all I want to thank you the dedicated time to write a comment about our Hotel Regina Barcelona.

Thank you so much for recommending our hotel, our hotel has rooms of all types, from single to family rooms for 4 people.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly at mbanon@grhoteles.com if you decide to return to Barcelona, ​​it will be a pleasure to personally handle your reservation.

Best Regards,

Copenhagen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

From Aeroport de Barcelona-El Prat, one can take the Aerobus that will stop in Plaça Catalunya and from there one can reach this hotel by walking in under 2 minutes.

Overall the hotel was decently okay. It's conveniently located with great access to public transportation and walking tours.

The room that I got was acceptable but in general it was dusty. I can easily see the dust move and fly around every time I move something.

The room was not soundproofed. One can easily hear the noise and traffic outside the window as well as the sound of my next door neighbour and irritatingly the sound from the pipe especially when the wind blows hard in the middle of the night. Another irritating problem that I had with my room is that, I cannot turn off all lights and watch TV. When I tried to turn the lights off the TV has to go off with it.

As for TV channels it has several local and international broadcast. Free wi-fi access in my room was fast and stable.

As for the breakfast buffet they serve typical continental breakfast but during my 7-day stay in this hotel, I got bored with the same predictable food. All the food that they served were the same and not even a slight change or additional treat or surprise for the weekend.

Lastly, be prepared to pay extra for the tourist tax when you check out. If you have booked and paid the whole amount for your stay in a separate website, make sure to read if the tourist tax is included in you payment or not.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you for the time you spent to write your review of our Hotel Regina Barcelona.

I apologize for all the inconveniences that you had during your stay in our hotel. I would ask if you can write me at mbanon@grhoteles.com your room number in order to solve these problems one by one.

Regarding the city tax never can go included in the rate, it is 1.21 euros per person, up to a maximum of 7 nights.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me if you decide to come back to our city, I know this has not been an excellent stay but we will do everything possible if you give us a second chance to change your perception.

Kaarina, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel is located perfectly near Plaza Catalonia and easy access to aerobuss, metro and Rambla. So if that is all you need, you are in luck. Regina has nice features but it is not a luxury hotel. With this price it is ok though. Not full stars because of: would need more soundproof on doors and walls, bathroom renewal, better beds as a whole, some variation in breakfast and proper coffee! Nice design overall and good service. Perfect location and all around ok hotel for this price.

Dear Sirs,

First of all I would like to thank you for the review on our Hotel Regina Barcelona.

Thank you so much for your words, they are going to help us to improve those points that you would appreciate in a future stay, including soundproofing, choice of breakfasts for longer stays and beds, although it is something that we always have special care. If you tell me your room number I will make a detailed inspection.

You can contact me mbanon@grhoteles.com for anything you might need.

Kind regards,

Hotel Regina
Scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Aftre a 12-day cruise, our first land nights were in Barcelona. We picked the perfect location, at Catalunya Square. The Hotel Regina was a wonderful choice, Our room in the back, #516, was very large with a nice view of the street life. Our travel companions had a slightly smaller room in the front. Both rooms were spotless with modern, clean bathrooms. The lobby, downstairs bar and breakfast rooms were well-decorated and spacious, The hotel staff was courteous and very helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 16 (316, 516, etc) seem to be the larger ones.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Sirs;

Thank you so much for writing a review about our Hotel Regina Barcelona.
It is a pleasure to read that your stay at our hotel was very satisfactory and that you liked the room we assign to you.
Thanks for your comments regarding the courtesy of our staff, without them we could not receive such positive comments like yours.

If in the future you decide to return to Barcelona, I ​​will be happy to personally handle your reservation, please contact me for whatever you need to mbanon@grhoteles.com

Kind regards,

cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

THis hotel was a perfect location for visiting Barcelona. It was very central and only minutes from where the airport bus drops you. Tourist info is right by where they stop which is perfect and the underground is again right by the hotel. The hotel stated thats its a four star but I would say its a very good 3 star as in most european hotels!! The service from reception was impeccable especially from the young staff and equally so the breakfast waiting staff. Breakfast wasnt bad at all for a continental breakfast and this is from a welshman whos loves his fry ups!!!! The room we had was basic but clean and maybe this was because we insisted on a smoking room so maybe we didnt get the best of rooms which we totally understand. All in all a very good hotel. Just a footnote dont use the elavotor on the left for the first time when youve had a bit to much to drink as it is very scary because the door looks like a wall and you feel like you cant get back outl!!!!! But im sure its perfectly safe as we was to scared to use it again!!

Room Tip: Our rooms was on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lord;

I want to thank you the for writting a comment about our Hotel Regina Barcelona.
I am pleased to read that you felt very well attended by our staff and that the standards of our breakfast were good.

Referring to the elevator on the left, is a pleasure to inform you that in less than five days it will finish the change and arrangement, we are working day after day to offer better facilities and facilities to our guests.

If you decide to return to Barcelona in the future, do not hesitate to contact me mbanon@grhoteles.com , it will be a pleasure personally handle your reservation and despite requesting a smoking room, I'll assign the best smoking room available.

Regards,

Hotel Regina Barcelona

Been to Hotel Regina Barcelona? Share your experiences!