“A Nice Surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of American Soda

American Soda
La Rambla 69 | near Liceu, 08002 Barcelona, Spain (El Raval)
+34 933 186 077
Neighborhood: El Raval
Barcelona, Spain
“A Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were a but tired and hungry and decided to just walk in to American Soda, on La Rambla tonight. We we not very hungry , wanted a nice glass of wine and something to eat. In the end we had had our fine bottle of red wine, our son has some wonderful Ravioli and we finished up with a few Tapas.

What makes this place so nice it that it is just steps away from the Merkat, which was perfect for our after early dinner stroll.

This restaurant is not really high class or a hole in he wall, but with clean bathrooms and good food, it was perfect afternoon refreshment stop,

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“A night i can't get back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I visited Barcelona with my girlfriend and had the misfortune of coming across this place. We sat down and were greeted by the waiter who was not only impatient but very condescending and rude. My girlfriend asked which beers they had on tap and he looked at her like she was from a different planet and rudely answered, "You can have Heineken" to which my girlfriend just nodded and accepted the drink. We decided to order some tapas.. Bad idea. We were served food I wouldn't serve to my cat including a chicken dish which was still pink and raw inside. If you would like to keep your health intact while on holiday in Barcelona, Avoid this place like the plague.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leeds, UK
“Possibly the worst restaurant I have ever been to....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

What can I say about this place. My friends and I had the misfortune of walking into American soda (not actually realising the name of it until we sat down). We ordered paella and some tapas and I was shocked and disgusted with the microwaved junk we were given. It wasn't even comparable with a cheap and nasty ready meal and was not even fit for dog food. We were handed an outrageous bill by rude and sloppy waiters. This place is possibly the worst restaurant I have ever been to. AVOID. AVOID. AVOID.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Copenhagen
“Gorden Ramsey would have a field day with this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Was really hungry and needed a quick bite. Nice girl in front got me in so I decided on the mixed paella and a small beer (which is actually normal size).
I waited 20 min and saw a waiter bring something out that smelled rancid; it was put on the counter of the bar where the waiters poured something from a container on it and took it back to the kitchen. 5 min later it was on my table...absolutely disgusting smell and taste. I ate a few spoon fulls and gave it back, went to McDonalds to get a sundae to try and get the taste out of my mouth. The dish was definitely not fresh and was obviously microwaved - even managed to burn my tongue. Also WAY overpriced.
Once back at my hotel, I had to brush my teeth twice to try and get rid of the taste and even then I can still taste it (now 1 hour ago...hope I don't get sick to boot). STAY AWAY!

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Ripoff, be warned!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Ate at this restaurant but wont be going back! Once seated, waiter brought food menu and asked what we wanted to drink. No drink options on the menu so asked for a bottle of red wine. Waiter returned with a bottle I didnt recognise (i drink an awful lot of wine) an started to open at which point I asked how much. The waiter replied with a huge smile"27 euro". I told him "too expensive got a cheaper bottle". Amazingly his grasp of english melted away and he didnt understand! eventually he came back with another bottle and no huge smile slammed it on the table and walked away and never came back. Had to ask another waiter for our food order. I had paella at 16 euros which was poor with no real taste, (13 euro night before elsewhere and great flavour). Total cost, 54 euro for 2 mains, 1 dessert and a bottle of spanish wine at 21 euros(£5 in asda!).

Visited April 2013