“Worst meal in Barcelona so far” 1 of 5 stars
Review of American Soda

American Soda
La Rambla 69 | near Liceu, 08002 Barcelona, Spain (El Raval)
+34 933 186 077
Improve this listing
Ranked #5,177 of 6,423 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: El Raval
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Worst meal in Barcelona so far”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Before we went inside we asked if the meat in the burger was fresh meat or vacuum. The waiter promised that the burger was good and in american style... He lied! We got a burger with vacuum-packed/not fresh meat and a fried egg on top?!?
As a starter we ordered fried aubergine and got deepfried zucchini. It tasted ok but were not what we ordered.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Missouri
“Tourist trap...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Well, I knew what I was getting in... but we were tired, hungry and in a hurry. The staff was friendly, but the tapas quality was not good. The patatas bravas and gambas al ajillo and the calamares fritos were quite dreadful. Other items were edible but mediocre. Prices more expensive than in good places out of the tourist trap area of La Rambla.

“Worst meal taken in Spain”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Where should I start? Entered the restaurant after hearing promising selections from one of the staff. All I can say is my money flew out. Carbonara spaghetti was the worst I've ever eaten. Seafood paella was terrible. Wattery and tasted like it's been left in the kitchen for days. One bottle of water cost 2.5 euro's, for 330ml. Don't be fooled by the trip advisor recommendations. Tried a few tapas and they were extremely disappointing.

“NOT FRESH ,SERVED PRAWNS THAT STANK.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Beware this place,nice staff on the door,but food terrible,asked to pay for what we had ate go which was prawns cooked in oil to hide the smell,didn't work

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jackson, Mississippi
“Way Overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

The other reviews say it all: overpriced tourist trap. The food is fine, but "American" is in the name to draw in dumb tourists.

I passed by this place for 5 days and finally stopped in one night when I was tired of walking and just wanted something to eat. I got lazy and didn't look at the menu at the door before I sat down. I also didn't check TripAdvisor first. Big mistake. There are plenty of cheaper tapas places that are just as good near this one. Pick one of those.

Again, the food was fine, but I ended up paying stupid tax. I hate paying stupid tax. Hopefully you'll read this and you won't make the same mistake.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere