“Half Day Barcelona City Tour” 2 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pullmantur Bus Tours
645 Gran Via, Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #442 of 545 Activities in Barcelona
Type: Bus tours, Sightseeing Tours
Laguna Niguel, California, United States
“Half Day Barcelona City Tour”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I purchased this tour online prior to going on my trip. First problem was finding the office. It is not on Gran Via but around the corner on Calle Bruc. Very confusing when you don't speak the language. Upon arrival I was told my tour had been transferred to Julia Tours so I had to wait until the bus from that company came to the Pullmantur office to pick me up along with one other couple. This tour was described as a bus tour but in the 3+ hours we probably spent only 45 minutes total on the bus. Too much time spent getting on and off the bus with a lot of walking and many on the tour were not anticipating that. Also the tour description never mentioned that 45 minutes would be spent at the aerial tram. I don't like heights so I had to wait the 45 minutes on a bench until the other members of the tour returned. The tour guide spoke broken english and was hard to understand and his historical facts were wrong many times. (claimed the Spanish civil war took place in 1956). At the end of the half day time we discovered that the people who were on the bus originally actually had a full day tour so the tour guide had to call the bus to come pick me and the other couple up to return to the office. There was a traffic jam in the drop off area so the guide told us to get off the bus and walk back to the office! We told him we didn't know where it was (he said 5 minute walk) so we insisted he walk us there. After 15 minutes we arrived at the Julia Tours office! This was not where we were picked up and we didn't know how to get back to the Pullmantur office. The guide pointed us in a direction and said it was about 10 minutes. Thank goodness I had a city map with me. It took us almost 30 minutes of fast walking to get back to Gran Via and then locate Passig de Gracias where both our hotels were located. Very poor way to take care of customers. The red double decker city tour buses are much more tourist friendly and half the price of the Pullmantur or Julia Tours. I was able to see and understand a lot more about the city on those buses with their hop on / hop off flexibility.

Visited November 2012

South Shore, Quebec
3 attraction reviews
“When you have less than a day to visit...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Were able to take lots of pictures of buildings, especially those from Gaudi, and we discovered beauty of Montjuic.

Visited October 2012
Crewe, Cheshire
“Half Day Gaudi Bus Tour”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I booked tickets on line prior to going to Barcelona. The joining instructions were misleading as the Pullmantur terminal office is actually on Calle Bruc NOT Via Grand.
The tour did last 3 1/2 hours except that we only spent about 30 minutes in total on the bus. The remainder of the time was spent walking around Park Guell, getting to and from Sangrida Famillia and Santa Maria Church.There were a number of people on the tour who obviously had problems walking and had the option of sitting to wait for us to rejoin them after walking around Park Guell.
The guide pointed out points of interest and while we took photographs he walked off. We were told that Sangrida Famillia was a "building site" with no points of interest inside. We later found out that this would have been worth a visit. As far as I was aware this tour did not include any entrance fees to points of interest visited.
I felt that 30 euros was a exagerated amount of money to pay for the quality of this tour operated by this company.

Visited September 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
19 attraction reviews
“Monserrat in a half day”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We piled into a big comfortable bus at 9:30 in the morning for the one hour and 15 minute ride to Monserrat. Christina, our guide, began narrating the trip immediately in 2 languages. If you are bilingual you heard everything twice. She never stopped talking for the entire time. We stopped to drop 8 people off to take the cable cars to the top. Lucky them. We didn't know that was an option. Back on the road we got to the top, took a WC break and climbed to the monastery. One suggestion to our guide would be to do the next bit of talking while we wait in line to get in. Instead we stood in a rotunda and the line got longer and longer. We could not go in because of a mass. Finally, when the mass finished the line trickled in. But still we waited and waited. Some in our group went on to the tram to go to the tippy top, but that also had a line. With a deadline of 1:15 to be back at the bus it wasn't possible to risk getting caught up top in a line. The funny thing is the group inside didn't see the virgin either because they ran out of time waiting in line. Many in the group had the same experience. Moral of the story is that with large crowds (a Friday in July) don't plan on seeing anything in a half day tour. That made this a Big Waste of Time and Euros €€€€€.

Visited July 2012
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Full day tour - Montserrat,Park Guell, La Sagrada Familia Barcelona”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was on full day tour which included -Montserrat, Park Guell, la Sagrada Familia.

I wasn't particularly happy with this guided tour service. I loved Montserrat because the place is great, no credit for that to Pullmantur service.Our tour guide confused us with her English, other members on the tour had the same problem... Also, she did not seem well informed. And, the time given for us to take the Funicular was not sufficient and so some of us ended up skipping the same.

The later half of tour was conducted by other guide, who did not do great job keep us interested. The main problem was they didn't give us sufficient time, and we could have visited all these sites conveniently from City bus tour as well ( except for Montserrat)..so there was no need for paying 60-70 Euros for the same ( city tour bus = 24 Euros, which I had taken anyways)

Visited May 2012