“BARCELONA HOLIDAYS” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rangoli

Rangoli
Passeig Joan de Borbo 78, 08039 Barcelona, Spain (La Barceloneta)
0034 93 221 19 81
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Book Online and Save Up to 50% *
Rangoli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
*Some exclusions may apply.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #728 of 6,423 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Indian, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: La Barceloneta
Description: Facing the sea, Rangoli shares with its older brother - indian restaurant Bembì - the same concept of Indian food. Besides gathering all the virtues of his predecessor, Rangoli has a number of distinctive features: new and unique dishes, attractive decoration full of carefully chosen decorative pieces from India, a bar area where one can sip on a drink and, to top it all - a terrace with the Mediterranean view. Rangoli is the most ancient traditional decorative folk art of India and a symbol of religious and cultural beliefs. It is considered an important part of our spiritual tradition. Rangoli figures and patterns are colourful decorative designs on courtyards during Hindu festivals and is meant as a sacred welcoming area for the gods and guests. These ancient rituals have been passed on through the ages, from one generation to the next, thus keeping both the art form and the tradition alive. The purpose of rangolis is to bring good luck. We in Rangoli strive to present to you the culinary art of India which is as vibrant, traditional and colourful as a Rangoli and bring to you recipes which have transcended through generations. We welcome you to try the Rangoli experience!
leicester.uk
“BARCELONA HOLIDAYS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

had a great holiday with family.nice city for short city holidays.visited rangoli restaurant.excellent location on sea front.food&service was excellent.will visit again when next in barcelona.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London
“Great food, not great service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We had decided to go for a curry, group of 8 guys, and were recommended this Indian restaurant.
Very nice decor, and friendly enough staff, until they found out there was 8 of us, and then told us they were fully booked - although the restaurant was empty. They seated us outside, although it was cold and windy. Not impressed, but the food was of a very high quality.
Recommended, if you are lucky enough to get an indoor table.

Visited March 2014
Troy, New York
“Incredible food, beautiful restaurant - Vegetarian and Gluten-Free friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was one of the stand-out restaurants on our recent family trip to Barcelona. My husband and I are both vegetarian, and I am also gluten intolerant, so eating out can be very difficult at home, let alone abroad! I did my research and a friend recommended we visit Rangoli.

The servers were very nice, letting us come sit inside early with tea because we accidentally arrived a half hour before dinner service (still on our American time!). I found that there were several options for me, which I'm not quite used to! I even had an appetizer -- spinach, corn and chard cakes that were incredible. For the main course, we both enjoyed the Kadhai Paneer - homemade cheese in a tomato and chili sauce. My husband had his "very spicy" and my spice level was just right. It was a cold, rainy day and we felt warmed and comforted by the food. I couldn't help myself -- I ate the whole thing!

Overall we were very pleased with the beautiful decor, cozy atmosphere, and exceptional food. Being gluten-free and vegetarian can make dining out difficult, but at Rangoli I was simply able to enjoy good food! Hope to return one day :)

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cadiz, Spain
“Great Indian food in Barcelona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We have walked past Rangoli many times and often said it was a place we should visit. We finally went and it was worth the wait. The staff were excellent - attentive without being pushy or impatient. The waiter explained the tasting menu which two of our party tried and was excellent value for only €25. The dishes on the tasting menu were superb and just the right size to get a good taste of each dish without offering too much. Also excellent was the lamb biryani which was the best I have ever tasted. All in all it was a fantastic meal in a nice setting with good service and we will definitely be back again soon.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
scotland
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Visited Barcelona last week for just 2 nights and unfortunately we were really disappointed to have had such a disappointing meal at Rangoli on one of those nights. The location was good and waiters were very friendly but the food was very poor. We've visited once before, a couple of years ago, but the place is looking a little more worn now and the quality of the food seemed very different.

We started with poppadoms and chutneys, all of which seemed really processed (eg the mango chutney which was like a watery soup) and didn't taste great. We then shared a mixed started and agreed that most of the pieces of meat on there just didn't have amazing flavours. The tandoori chicken just lacked any richness at all.

The main courses were ok, nice naans and rice, but weren't as hot as described and were quite paste-like. Both of our dishes had similar flavours so were probably from the same base.

During our meal we also had a guy playing the guitar come over to the table for money. We didn't mind it too much because he was actually quite good, but I did think some other diners seemed uncomfortable.

I don't think we'll be going back, which is disappointing as we really want to find an amazing Indian restaurant in Barcelona, but I was annoyed that we chose this restaurant instead of another one in Eixample which is the top rated Indian on Tripadvisor. I think management need to go back to the drawing board in terms of the food.

• Visited October 2013