We stayed for 3 nights from 10 to 12 October in room 102 which faces the street.
We had requested a double bed (double room) in our reservation but got a room with 2 separate beds instead (twin room). After we saw the room, we asked at the reception to change and got offered room 301. This room was about half the size of room 102 with a bed that had to be put against the wall due to lack of space. As this room looked like a prison cell, we changed back to the room we got initially offered.
- Location: next to the metro & 5min walk to Placa de Catalunya
- Nice breakfast: croissants, baguettes, fresh fruit (melon, pineapple), donuts.
- Big rain shower in the bathroom
- Fridge & safe in the room
- Airco not working properly: even when the temperature was put on 5 degrees, the room stayed hot as hell during the night. On top of this, the airco was very loud.
- Noisy: the hotel is located in a busy street with many busses & cars passing by. As the metro runs underneath, you could feel it shaking. As a result, opening the window at night to cool down was not an option.
- Wifi not working: signal was too weak and in this 3 days period I did not succeed once in getting a wireless connection with my ipad/ smartphone (note: internet on pc in hall on first floor did work)
- Beds: extremely soft/ old mattresses which were very uncomfortable
- Finishing of the room: Walls & furniture were damaged. The chair that was put in the room came straight from the outside terrace from the bar located downstairs
- Blankets:These could use a wash
Avoid at all cost rooms that end with a 1 or face the street.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.