“Thoughtful and tasty meat free food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Teresa Carles

Teresa Carles
Jovellanos, 2 | (Pelai - Tallers), 08001 Barcelona, Spain (El Raval)
+34 93 317 18 29
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #198 of 6,428 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Vegan
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: El Raval
Description: Vegetariano, Mediterraneo, Artesano, Sano y Sabroso.
London, United Kingdom
“Thoughtful and tasty meat free food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I'm often dissapointed with typical vegetarian restaurants lack of creativity and heavy emphasis on the 'hippy vibe' and meat substitution style dishes.
Teresa Carles is a breath of fresh air, the food isn't sold to you as 'vegetarian' but as healthy and delicious with an emphasis on fresh, seasonal and well sourced ingredients brought together to compliment one another and create unique and delicious meals.
My personal philosophy is that meat is expensive, very limited in taste and besides its not healthy. So Teresa Carles proves that meat free food can be full of flavor with basic cheap ingredients.
We visited twice, once for the set lunch menu ?13 for 3 courses or ?10 for 2 courses, this menu changes weekly and you have a variety of dishes to choose from.
The evening menu is seasonal, we had the cava sangria which was delicious and citrousy a nice change from heavy red.
To start we had the antipasto, a selection of flavoured houmous with different dips and then pasta dishes for main, our evening bill came to ?54 but we were splashing out on our last night and could have done it a lot cheaper.
I'm a big fan of this restaurant and have my fingers crossed for a London branch in the future.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Veggie oasis for everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Awesome place! An oasis in a meat focused city. I took my omnivorous friends here for dinner when we were in Barcelona in June, and everyone was amazed by the great food. The service was nice and personal and happy to provide recommendations to confused omnivores. Very nice ambience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely find - probably the best vegetarian restaurant in Barcelona?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Super busy on weekdays but my wife and I managed to get a table on a Sunday which was worth our perseverance and the meal was simply delicious. So many lovely sounding choices on the a la carte menu that we were really spoiled for choice.

Definitely worth a visit but pre-booking a table is essential.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
“Not so good...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This restaurant does have a variety of foods for vegans and vegetarians, but I was disappointed in how they tasted. First of all as we did not have a reservation,so we were seated in worst place possible, even though not all other tables were reserved. I sat next to the glass door to the place where they keep all empty bottles, boxes and other stuff, had to move away when they wanted to put some more empty boxes in there and also it was really cold as I could feel draft coming from there. Then I found a hair in my glass. The soup was good, the paella was tasteless and under-cooked, even the desert only looked good, but was bland. I was very surprised to see people lining up.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, VA
“One of the best vegetarian restaurants in Spain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were a party of 6 - only a few were vegetarian - and all enjoyed the experience. The food was very good, the service superior. The atmosphere is casual and welcoming.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere