“Love the food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Teresa Carles

Teresa Carles
Jovellanos, 2 | (Pelai - Tallers), 08001 Barcelona, Spain (El Raval)
+34 93 317 18 29
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #129 of 7,849 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Vegan, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: El Raval
Description: Vegetariano, Mediterraneo, Artesano, Sano y Sabroso.
Barcelona
“Love the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I agree with one of the comments below that this is a "vegetarian restaurant for non-vegetarians". I've been with different friends, non of whom were vegetarian, and it's always a hit. The food is fantastic, great quality, unique dishes, and the prices cannot be faulted. I love the decor too. The service is generally very good, but last time when we went on a Saturday night they rushed us a little, they brought the main when we hadn't finished our starter.

• Visited September 2013

Atlanta
“Holy non-cow! This place is delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I wish I had three more stomachs. I had the pumpkin salad with crispy tempeh and some sort of cinnamon dressing. It was so good. The flavor was original and oh-so tasty. The fettucine carbonara my husband had did not suck either. I highly recommend this place for their creativity and flavor. Service was quick and really friendly.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

After reading good reviews on here we decided to go there for lunch. The menu looked interesting so we went in. We were given a table and menus promptly, however we were then ignored for 15 minutes. Obviously we need time to look at the menu but i would expect we would be asked if we wanted any drinks straight away.

After deciding what we wanted we gave our order when we were asked. We shared a starter which consisted of different types of hummous and breads and croquettes. This was quite nice.

My main was an aubergine cake, which consisted of aubergine, goats cheese, beetroot and pastry. it was very nicely presented, however it was a bit heavy. My girlfriend ordered vegetable soup. You would expect these to be served at the same time but no. The soup came 5 to 10 minutes later. it's just soup, so why the delay?

Overall the food was nice but was let down by the service. They weren't rude, but just not friendly at all. Quite a disappointment. We won't be going back.

Visited October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Incredible food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The food is beautiful, the portions are reasonable and the staff are lovely!
I've been eating vegetarian food my whole life and this was by far the best I've ever had.

• Visited July 2013
Chichester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow, fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My Husband and I had lunch here twice after reading reviews on trip advisor. How glad we are that we did. You could not fault the menu, the food, the service and certainly not the prices. Everything was perfect, the Monday to Friday set menu is particularly good value at 2 courses for 9.50 or 13.00 for 3 courses, in the middle of Barcelona, Bargain!. The menu was fantastic, on our first visit we had a couple of sharing plates with wine and too be honest I found that enough for a lunch total cost was about 30 euro's. On our second visit we made sure we were very hungry I had the Italian salad to start followed by the Mini Burgers. I can honestly say this is the best place we have ever eaten and we will return to Barcelona and eat here again.

• Visited September 2013