“Nice place, great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Tripledos
Carrer d'Arago 222, 08011 Barcelona, Spain   |
Ranked #62 of 303 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice place, great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I didn´t see much of this place since I was there for less than 12 hours but I enjoyed it as much as I could.

The best part was the location and the friendliness/helpfulness of the staff. My room was a bit small (I got the single, so that is to be expected...) but if I had more time in the city I would definitely stay there again but perhaps I would pick a bigger room!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I stayed at Triple2 for a few days whilst visiting friends in Barcelona. The hotel was reasonably priced and offered me everything I needed... centrally located (near Universitat metro), a clean spacious room and a nice breakfast. You will need to share the modern bathroom facilities with other guests, but this didn't cause me any problems as there were two available near my room. The only frustrations I had was a lack of English from the host (we tried our best to communicate!), my room being located on a busy road (I'm a light sleeper) and the need for a wardrobe to hang my clothes. However, this place really does have potential with high ceilings, traditional features and glamorous chandeliers.

Room Tip: A room at the rear may make it easier for light sleepers. Otherwise pack ear plugs.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Sitges, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Situated in the centre of Barcelona, near all the principal landmarks. Loads of original features, large rooms with high ceilings and modern, comfortable beds. We had an independant heating/air-conditioning unit in our room. Spotlessly clean and just the place for if you are on a budget. Dario, who runs the place, does everything possible to make your stay comfortable. But do be sure to let him know what time you expect to arrive.
Highly recommended

Room Tip: Ask for the double room with en suite facilities
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Nice and clean; good location, but some walking to the city center; about 15 minutes. Nearest Metro = Universitat about 3 blocks away. There's a park that's less than a block away and a plaza where a lot of people hang out. The all you can eat buffet restaurant one door down, is a good value at 8.99€ includes beverage and dessert.

Nice decor: a mix of old and contemporary.

Should have tourist info available like maps, at least, but info on other amenities in the area like laundry facilities, grocery, restaurant recommendations.

Breakfast is continental and basic, but better than nothing.

Need to have a/c in all rooms.

The Internet did not work in my room, but it was fine in the common areas. Also, there's a free computer to use for Internet access.

They do accept credit cards too.

Oh, and one more thing, though the establishment posts the phone numbers outside of the building for you to call if you experience problems, I was traveling internationally and I did not have a phone to use to make a call to them.

Finally, Dario, who checked me in, is very nice and accommodating. Enjoyed meeting him and other visitors at Triple2.

Room Tip: Like a previous reviewer mentioned ask for the room w/the private bathroom or at least a room with A...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Overland Park, KS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I booked a room at this B&B based on its affordable price and great location....however, upon arriving at noon in Barcelona, no-one was there to answer the buzzer. (Granted, their website said check-in was at 2 PM, but usually a human being is there to at least accept your luggage.) So I left with my luggage and wandered down the street to grab some lunch. After consuming my chorizo sandwich, returned to Triple2 and again rang the buzzer. Again, no-one answered. However, a resident of the building was able to let me in and I was able to drag my luggage upstairs and knock on the door. No-one answered the door inside either, so it definitely wasn't a problem with the buzzer. To make a long story short, I traipsed back and forth to the B&B until 5 PM, at which point another guest was trying to get in, to no avail. I ended up having to spend almost $200 on another hotel to spend the night. (My cell phone did not work in Spain, and not being a Spanish speaker, I could not figure out how to use their pay phones to contact the supposed people that worked at this establishment.)

Upon my return home, I checked my Visa bill and they had the nerve to charge me for being a "No-Show". I would avoid this place, if it is a genuine B&B, like the plague. They SHOULD NOT be in business.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
triple2, Manager at Tripledos, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
We are very sorry to hear about your bad experience with triple2.
We are also very surprised that nobody was there to welcome you and take you to your room. Indeed, we have someone staying and working most of the time, and that person would have answered to the buzzer, especially around the time that you are mentioning.
We also advise our customers to tell us roughly their time of arrival and we provide 3 telephone numbers to call just in case they encounter a problem.
Our policy is indeed to charge customers who don´t show up for the first night and do not advise us of their change of plans, and only one night of their booking. It is a fair policy.
So we believe that what happened to you is very rare and probably due to exceptional circumstances and/or lack of understanding.
As a gesture of goodwill, we invite you to contact us via email with the reference of your booking and we will refund to your account the full amount.
Best regards
Spain.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

I travelled alone to Barcelona for the weekend as was meeting up with friends there but couldn't afford the swanky hotel they stayed in. I chose Triple2 as it was the cheapest room I could find on the Internet (40 euros the night including breakfast). The location was great as i took the Aerobus from the airport to Plaza Universitat (that cost 5.20 euros) and from the re, the B&B was a 5-10 minute walk. I wasn't really sure what to expect but when I got to Triple2 it's located on the first floor of an old building. Dario, the guy who greeted me, was lovely and made me feel at home showing me around. My heart sank when i saw my room - it resembled a prison cell, had no window, was right by the front door, just had a single bed and a table, no mirror and there wasn't room to swing a cat. Then i was shown the communal bathrooms which are both of a very good size with powerful showers, hairdryer and spotlessly clean. There's a bookcase with books you can take, a lounge/dining room with a TV and a terrace with table and chairs outside. Contrary to what I'd first thought, I had a really good night's sleep and the breakfast was all laid out as a help yourself buffet in the morning. I met one of the owners, sasha, who was really lovely and told me of the plans they have for building a jacuzzi on the terrace in the next few months. The location is great as it only takes about 15 minutes to walk into the centre of the city. Dario told me that the next time i go, ask for the room at the back which has its own bathroom or one of the double rooms at the front which has its own balcony. The experience turned out to be much better than I'd thought at the beginning and if you're travelling on a budget, want some place clean and friendly, this is definitely good value for money.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to Tripledos? Share your experiences!