“OK place, but horrible Wi-Fi” 3 of 5 stars

You added Eurostars Cristal Palace to your Saves list
Eurostars Cristal Palace
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Diputacio 257, 08007 Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)   |
Ranked #355 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
“OK place, but horrible Wi-Fi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I spent 3 nights there last week, and had an all right experience. The room was really nice and the cleaning too. The people at the reception were helpfull and professional. Breakfast was OK, but could have been better. The Wi-Fi however was just horrible. Almost no signal, and I wasn't able to work, as I has planned.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Have stayed here a couple of times over the past couple of years. Great location, close to major shopping area, decent restaurants, metro system, and buses to and from airport. Our room was very comfortable with its own thermostat to control room temp, provided breakfasts are excellent with a wide variety of food. In room safe requires deposit of twenty Euros, and provide you with the key. Downside as with many hotels of this vintage were the acoustics in room, could here everyone coming and going at all hours. We were also warned about leaving things at breakfast unattended, not acceptable. Barcelona needs to clean up its pickpocket and street theft problems or lose its tourism, the issue is rampant in the city.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thessaloniki Greece
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This Hotel has major security issues. In my recent trip there, the bag of my wife, carrying passport, mobile phone and other valuables , of total value of more than 1,000 Euros was stolen from the breakfast room. It was a shock for us and after that I remembered that in my last stay in the same Hotel, another customer complained of a loss of a bag. It is clear that the management of this Hotel, despite there are many cases of theft ( I saw other comments from other customers) they do not take any action to secure the place. Anybody can enter the Hotel without any control , steal and go away. It is clear for me that it is targeted by thieves who know that there is no security there.
Another point is that there is no manager in the place, only 2-3 young people in the reception and really didn't care at all about our issue. I will proceed through my lawyer for a compensation. I hope that Trip advisor can raise this issue so as to protect other innocent people. All my data are available to whoever wants them.

Room Tip: For your own security , avoid this Hotel.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

No tea and coffee in the room. Fused the electrics when I plugged in a borrowed kettle.
Floor stained and mould on the bath. Water when showering ranged from scalding to freezing. Room comfortable but too warm. Help-yourself breakfast - which is good.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed a couple of times in this hotel for business trips. So I thought it a good idea to stay there during a short private trip in sept. 2014.

It turned out not so good an idea this time. Instead of the more or less expected upgrade mentioned in the confirmation e-mail, we got a sort of a downgrade. We were put in room 420. Chair: damaged cloth, outside view: into a dark alley about 6 feet wide looking straight up to a wall of the next building, airco blowing right in your face during the night, wall-outlet hanging out of the wall with wiring unprotected, lamp missing, no make-up / shaving mirror in the bathroom, bathroom very cramped.

I had better experiences in other rooms I stayed before. They are relatively nice if you have a normal view to the outside.

If you book this hotel: stay away from room 420 and probably other x20 rooms on other floors as well.

Not recommended unless you persist to see the room first before you stay. Personally, I will not come again.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Salisbury, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2014

I visited this Hotel, which was an organised Gandia Coach trip for 5 days, and this was to be our base. The location of the Hotel was wonderful, I couldn't fault it so close to Gaudi's architecture, which we stumbled on without realising it. The Passeige de Gracia was just around the corner. The drinks were rather over priced, but we expected that. The lounge wasn't very spectacular, and the seating area rather small. The dining area wasn't that good either. The food which we had booked was breakfast and evening meal. Not to my taste at all, infact not very good. My bedroom, which I think had been newly refurbished was wonderful and so was the en suit bathroom. I couldn't fault it...........but and this is a big but, no view at all from my room. I could almost touch the opposite side wall of the building it was that close. That was the view from my window!

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you don't face a building or wall looking out of your bedroom window.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thessaloniki, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2014

The Location of the hotel is ideal, very close (around 400m) to Plaça de Catalunya, Las Ramblas and mainly all the metro stations are around.
The room was nice and clean and the staff quite helpful. The breakfast is the typical European breakfast.
The only problem with the room was that the window was facing the wall of the opposite building, and it was so close that couldn't be distinguished if outside was day or night. For that reason we have asked to change the room to face the front road. The hotel did change our room the next day, but the new room was the first floor at the back of the hotel, and in this case the window had bars. So be sure to ask for a room facing at the front road otherwise you will feel like a prisoner

Room Tip: Room Facing the front road of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Eurostars Cristal Palace? Share your experiences!