We where at the hotel between the 2 and the 6 of February 2014
the location is Fantastic - I requested a room on the hier floors to avoid noise from the Gran Via traffic but was denied on basis of maintenace works at the 3 hier levels so being a travel agent they suggest we take one of the 4 rooms of the Beatles Suite that was very comfortable
Unfortunatly water left in the bathroom almost cause me to spend a day or more in hospital as I slipped on it.
on the second day we tried to have a rest at 1800 when we came back very tierd but could not as they where drilling and hammering with gusto on the rest of the Beatlels suite and after taking this for an hour I complained with the workers in spanichs that fortunatly I do speack they agreed to stop as soon as possible
this went for another 20 minutes...
The breakfast is complitly void of vegetables and when we asked for a cucumber and a tomato they requested 9 euro...
The attitude of most of the workers is really unplesant and only 2 or 3 workers tried to be polite the others not only do not make the effort they acctually snob you or show they anger toward you.
I do not ask to be papmpered but what I expect as a guest is a normal behaviour between people.
I studied Sociology and Tourism at University and one thing I saw very strong in this hotel is the third fase of tourism.
Fase one Tourist are very welcome(the good earning they provide)Fase two apaty prevail in the Tourist work force as they slowly move toward hate of the tourist that is the third fase
Now it is up to an hotel Manager to recognize this in his workers and I strongly reccomand the owners and managment of the Avenida Palace to bring in young eager force work that understand the value of the tourist for the Hotel and for the economy of Barcelona.
An additional little tip: send workers from the Managment to the Marylebone hotel in London to see how clients are treated there from all the staff and eventually they will aquire the tools needed to make an healty changhe in the Avenida Palace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Avenida Palace is a classic part of Barcelona. It has been recently refurbished and is blessed by its prime location in the city centre. It offers 151 comfortable, recently refurbished rooms that have retained their classic yet functional décor. The rooms are well-appointed and have en-suite bathrooms as well as a digital ISDN line with modem connection. The "Insolit Barcelona" restaurant is open every day. Room service is available. The hotel boasts 7 function rooms for between 25 and 300 people, all of which have an analogue telephone line for computer connections. Audio-visual and technical equipment is available for clients, and there is a hairdressing and massage service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Avenida Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Husa Avenida Palace Barcelona
- Avenida Palace Barcelona
- Husa Avenida Palace Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Avenida Palace Barcelona, Catalonia