The hotel itself looks coolish and location is "not bad". But when you actually get to know to it, you will see why it's not worth those 4 stars.
1. walls and floors are made of paper, since you can hear basically everything around you. We woke up 3 nights in a row at 7.50 cause cleaning staff was so noisy moving beds and chairs. Also you could hear from upstairs whenever anyone was walking in a room with his shoes on. And in toilet its like a window was opened and all the chitchat kept coming into your room.
And you could hear EVERYTHING from the outside - there is a club and bunch of cafes out so you can hear people coming and going around 5am.. I mean we came back to hotel around 12am, and when your on holiday you expect to get some sleep..
2. we travel a lot and seen this and that at the receiption.. But hassling with passports, names and info at check in was just embarrassing for a 4 START hotel crew. Not to mention there was 1 a total dick (man), all cocky and full of himself. I mean we just came from Amsterdam that night and after 4 nights in 4 start hotel in Amsterdam this was just hilarious.
3. shower room ceiling was moving up and down whenever you opened the toilet door.
4. needs renovating
5. air conditioner didn't work like it supposed to work
6. on 4th day started to smell like smoke and before that you could smell that people smoke in the hotel.. I mean for a 4 start european hotel this is not how you get people to come back again..
Comparing to 2-3 star hotel this was exactly a 2-3 star hotel. Old and basic.
- Also Known As:
- Derby Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Derby Barcelona, Catalonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four-star hotel located next to Barcelona's Diagonal commercial and business area and just 10 minutes away from the Sants AVE station.Because of the peace and tranquillity of its location, its connection with the rest of the city and the internal distribution of its guest rooms, Hotel Derby is one of the best options for accommodation in Barcelona, whether you are travelling for business or pleasure.Located on an almost completely pedestrian street, Hotel Derby has 115 guest rooms, 3 function rooms and the Epsom Restaurant for groups.Services115 guest rooms: 17 single rooms, 92 double rooms and 6 junior suite roomsEpsom Scotch BarEpsom Restaurant for groupsThe Times coffee shopBreakfast buffet24-hour room service and mini-barBusiness centreWi-Fi in all areasFunction rooms and spaces for eventsLaundry and ironing serviceSmall dogs allowed ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Derby reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.