Barcelona is a beautiful city, do not spoil your mood, do not spent your money on Vogel apartments.
Initially we wanted to stay in a Spanish owned serviced apartment near Sagrada Familia but we changed our mind as VOKEL had many positive reviews and awards (just imagine!!) and is closer to the city centre. We had read numerous reviews online with regards to this apartment and had felt confident that we were making a good choice. BIG MISTAKE !!
We would not recommend staying here, it has to be the worst apartment we have ever stayed in. For the price they charge, the flat is appalling. The facilities such as .. The flat was not particularly clean and bathroom toiletries such as soap bars were not provided while shampoo were provided only once a week!!
We've stayed at many luxury apartments around the globe, and by international standards this hotel would be two starts at most.
We actually came to Barcelona after spending three days at the fantastic Mandala luxury apartments in Friedrich strasse, Berlin. No comparison to Eric Vokel whatsoever! Eric Vokel is more expensive and looks like a tent compared to them :
• Horribly expensive – not value for money
• Not clean, no sound insulation (you can hear every neighbour’s steps and even the topic of their discussion), Incredibly noisy ventilation motor starts with the bathromm light (other apartments' ventilation is also heard), extremely noisy elevator which you hear everywhere in the apartment
• cheaper than Ikea furniture and kitchen appliances, no drawers in the bedroom, no hangers anywhere, nowhere to accommodate your open luggage, almost zero space to place toiletry in the bathroom, not confortable rooms anywhere
• No view (as stated in the internet) – small balkony overlooking walls of other blocks of apartments
• Cleaning (?) every 7 days ONLY (!) if you are lucky(!) to stay so long
• No soap bar in bathroom, no kitchen towel provided, no coffee bags, no tea bags, no sugar bags, not even salt and pepper
• You will not find nothing in the kitchen, apart from
o a useless coffee machine for which you have to buy yourself KRUPS coffee capsules (where and when a visitor could buy something so specific ! ?) (that’s what we were told when we inquired about providing us with coffee and tea bags)
o a stinking ½ lit boiler and the
o cheaper pots and pans we have ever seen
• Almost zero water pressure in the shower (be prepared to spend longtime for taking a shower and be prepared for alternating warm->cold water, if someone else uses another tap
• “the high speed internet” is slower than a turtle
We stayed there many nights and as a courtesy not even a single complementary tea bag or coffee bag was offered which costs less that 0.10 euro cents.
Apparently the owners are a dutch no frills company ! Never ever to VOKEL apartments !
One positive thing is the reception personnel which were very polite and helpful.
We kept asking ourselves who is writing those very many and very perfectish reviews !!! They even had a trip advisor award !!
- Also Known As:
- Eric Vokel Boutique Apartments - Gran Via Hotel
- Eric Vokel Boutique Apartments - Gran Via Hotel Barcelona
- Eric Vokel Boutique Apartments - Gran Via Suites Barcelona, Catalonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eric Vökel Gran Via Suites has been personally and decorated by Eric in a style that is a unique mix of functionality and the beauty of Nordic design with all creativity and spontaneity of Mediterranean design.Light and confort create the spaces in the apartments and have the highest level of ecological efficiency and confort, providing every convenience to make the stay as pleasant as posible. This building is located very close to the city center, Plaza Catalunya and Ramblas is the Eixample neighborhood. Furthermore, it is very easily communicated by public transportation from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Amex, Escapio, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Eric Vokel Boutique Apartments - Gran Via Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.