“Fabulous food - excellent value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Romero Restaurante

Romero Restaurante
Bailen, 115, 08009 Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)
+34 934 57 06 40
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #296 of 6,672 Restaurants in Barcelona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Description: José Camacaro León has opened Romero, a special and romantic restaurant, located at Barcelona town center in a very quiet and well connected neighbourhood where you can find market and natural food including options for celiac and vegetarian people. At Midday economic menus and dishes of the day are also served.
wales
“Fabulous food - excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Researched Tripadvisor before we went to Barcelona, to make sure I had a list of highly rated restaurants to chose from for our evening meals - Romero had excellent reviews and was only 5mins from our hotel (Hotel Europark).
You could easily miss the place if you didn't know what you were looking for - and that would be a great shame!
Lovely cosy interior, perfect for a romantic night out. (seems to be classed as a vegan/vegetarian restaurant....no idea why we both had meat/fish for our meals). I chose the fixed menu - 3 courses for 25 euros I think it was, and my husband chose from the main menu.
I had pumpkin ravioli which was lovely, but after tasting my husbands starter I wish I'd had what he had (but I always do that :-p ) He had tomato,cod and avocado- which sounds very dull but omg it was delicious and the presentation was amazing! So fresh and tasty almost like a palate cleanser between courses.
For main I had cod with pine nuts and raisins, which was lovely but again when I tasted what my husband had I wish I'd had his! He had ox sirloin and the most amazing potato side dish I have ever tried - it was thinly sliced layers of potato on top of each other but it just melted in your mouth, so creamy, so delicious.
For pudding I had brownie and ice cream and this time I chose the better option - the brownie was a bit dry so needed the ice cream. Hubby had coffee cake which was also a bit dry but didn't come with ice cream so he struggled with it a little.
Total cost for all that plus a couple of glasses of wine came to 62 euros! Amazing value. When we were leaving the owner raced after us to make sure we had enjoyed our meal - we most certainly did!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Woburn, United Kingdom
“Great food and great host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I picked this restaurant because of the previous reviews on this site. We weren't disappointed. The food was superb, interesting contemporary menu and beautifully presented. The owner of the restaurant was charming and attentive and proud of his restaurant. He should be. If this restaurant was in my local town it would be full every night. A gem not to be missed.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Barcelona
“Nice food, comfortable place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Nice food in a quiet and comfortable place. You can choose between "night menu" or "carta". Nice wines. The owner came to ask if we were enjoying the food. Back soon, definitely!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
miami
“A hidden gem in Barcelona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

What an amazing and tasteful experience. Small and cozy restaurant. The owner (chef) came to our table to ask if we were pleased with his food. Nice detail! Nothing like being served for somebody that looks after his business.
I prefer small menu options like Romero here or Les Adrets in Lyon, cause the food and options are just perfect. The lamb was terrific! Two Thumps up! I will come back in my next stay in Barcelona.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Pris fixe with good options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice restaurant in quiet neighborhood. Menu has very good selection for all 3 pris fixe courses. Nice wine selection. A la carte options which we did not try.