“Excellent, worth to travel for!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 5,883 restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Seafood, Tapas
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Un original concepto de tapeo en Barcelona, una forma divertida de comer y de entender la vida. ¿Vienes?
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent, worth to travel for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is my second time at this retaurant, first time was back in May 2012 with friends and this time was in July with my family, amazing food, creativity and presentation, all the tastebuds at work! excellent service, friendly staff and unique atmosphere, may be it's one of the few places I would like to travel for, even the menu between my first visit and the second was 80% different which I wouldn't have minded, if you get the chance to book, never hesitate to try.

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
“Creative fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were guided here by diferent sources and we were treated with a fun night out....not quite as fun trying to get a table here though, just call way way ahead. The whole experience was a theatric one where the chefs were the stars as opposed to the food. it was more a treat watching them creating dishes and a sinful shame we devoured them in seconds. It is a experience worth doing once at least.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Antwerp, Belgium
“Exquisite cuisine and excellent tapas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Without a doubt the best tapas ever!
It's not really an everyday tapasbar, at all! They require a 2 month prior reservation so you better start planning and saving ahead. But then again, that's about the only inconvenience you'll encounter. It's all totally worth it, prepare to be blown away.
This is my personal opinion..
My girlfriend and I decided to visit Barcelona during summer so we started digging out our 'lonely planet' for the best places to visit and eat. Then I saw that one of their highest recommendations was 'Tickets restaurant'. The thing that got my attention though, was the name Ferran Adria. I knew I'd heard that name before.. It struck me. Ferran Adria was the owner of the best restaurant in the world, El Bulli. I remembered that he wanted to keep his cuisine affordable so everyone could enjoy his cooking as well.
They used the same principle for 'Tickets'. IT'S NOT CHEAP, but definately AFFORDABLE.
That's why we started to save up for this restaurant visit, because you know it'll be worth it.
And it was!

When we arrived, they assigned us seats on a counter in front of the cooks. They work with an open cuisine, which means that there are several cooking platforms all over the restaurant with several cooks doing what they do best.
A waiter came up to us and asked if it was our first time here. It was, so he recommended that he would select the tapas for us, accompagnied by some cava.
I would recommend it to everyone.
He asked for our special preferences and dislikes, as well as allergies of course.
We never had to wait for a single dish and our glasses were never empty. We sat there for over two hours and did not wait for anything. GREAT SERVICE!
The only thing though.. If you chose to order the way we did, keep in mind that they will keep serving you all kinds of tapas untill you say it's enough.
We enjoyed about 13 different kinds!
But still had some place left for dessert :)
Desserts are served as tapas as well which makes it fun to try several different ones.

All and all, this was my most memorable restaurant visit ever because they treat you like royals while they act as entertainers. Just perfect!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Antwerp, Belgium
“Another nice concept of the Adria brothers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very good food at a reasonable price. More brasserie but tasty. The interior is flashy and fashionable

Visited September 2013
Scottsdale
“So over-rated!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had read so many reviews of this place that we had to go even though it was very difficult to get a reservation which turns out to be part of the whole lies of this place. It was not full so they obviously try to give the impression that there is a waiting list. Frankly they try too hard to be trendy instead of focussing on the quality of their food. Our waitress pushed us to let her order our tapas dishes but I'm a control freak and wanted to order what I wanted and not what the restaurant had left over so was pushing to get rid of. Everything we had was OK but not great and not worth what they charged compared to other places such as Caneta. We were very disappointed.

• Visited September 2013