“Ripped Off!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant La Poma

Restaurant La Poma
C/ LA Rambla, 117, 08002 Barcelona, Spain (El Raval)
+34 933 019 400
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Book Online and Save Up to 20% *
Restaurant La Poma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
*Some exclusions may apply.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,725 of 6,406 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: El Raval
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Ripped Off!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Having had a very nice lunch here in October 2012, we returned in June 2014 with my sister and brother-in-law, whilst in port for the day during our P&O cruise. We had a nice lunch, the waiter was polite and efficient. However, we asked for the bill which arrived promptly on a metal tray. Whilst my partner and sister went to find the toilets, my brother-in-law and I sorted our cash to cover the bill which came to 54 Euros. We each put down a 20 and a 10 euro note, so that was 60 euros. I beckoned the waiter, handed him the tray complete with the cash and told him to keep the change. He seemed happy with that and thanked me. I then went to find the toilets and passed my partner on the stairs as he returned to the table. When my sister and I got back down, our partners were clearly not happy and explained why, once we got outside. Apparently, the waiter returned to the table with the tray which had a 20, 2 x 10's, and a 5 in euros, and said that there wasn't enough! My brother-in-law had particularly checked the amount, as the notes that I had given him to add to his, had been folded and he straightened them out before putting them on the tray, we were certain that neither of us had put down a 5 euro note. As we couldn't prove it, he put down another 10 euros and gave it back to the waiter. When my sister and I got back downstairs, the four of us left the restaurant. As we passed the window, our waiter was clearing our table and he did not look at all happy. My gut feeling is that this was not his doing but possibly someone else's, maybe the 2 "front of house" men? This experience left us with a very bad impression, not only of La Poma restaurant, but also of Barcelona. We would warn anyone contemplating a meal here to be very careful. We will not be in a hurry to return to this city if this is how they treat their tourists.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Tampere, Finland
“Delicious pizzas, great views to La Rambla”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Nice place to eat especially if there are free tables by the windows looking onto La Rambla. The decor is rather minimalistic, more functional than pretty. Their pizzas were fabulous! Chicken breast with chips was less tasty. Service was OK, but could have been more attentive as the place was not super packed. It is not a cheap place but compared to many other restaurants on La Rambla I think this is a good option.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Miserable waiter. Average food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I ate at La Poma with my girlfriend recently, we are a young British couple and felt like this restaurant, even though in a very popular tourist area, the waiter was very clearly not interested in giving the same level of service to the tourists than the Spanish. Throughout our meal we felt rushed to leave and when the food itself arrived (mushroom risotto and chicken Caesar salad) it was severely under seasoned and was definitely not worth the price we paid. It's a shame because from the outside the restaurant looks lovely and the food is reasonably priced for such a popular area. Even if the waiter doesn't speak English a smile wouldn't hurt. As we left the waiter looked at the bill and look at Me, expecting a tip, even though there was a service charge, and walked away muttering in Spanish 'we were stupid' (my gf speaks Spanish). He ruined the meal and we certainly won't be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Brilliant Barcelona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

A fabulous restaurant! Staff welcoming, attentive and efficient. The tapas was delicious, as was the pizza. The decor was very pleasant, and we had a great view of La Rambla where we could watch the passing crowds.
Well, priced and plentiful food, we really enjoyed the experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“With the right customer service, this place would be GREAT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have visited this place about 6/7 as the pizzas are so good but every time I go, I am left waiting for a while to be served and so it is not just the taut of 1 server as they all do it

The pizzas are thing crust and PACKED with toppings which is delicious

I have actually not tried anything else and so cannot comment but going by the pixxas, all the food will be good!

It is just the service that lets this place down... and no wifi!

Visited May 2014