“One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ANBA Bed&Breakfast Deluxe

You added ANBA Bed&Breakfast Deluxe to your Saves list
ANBA Bed&Breakfast Deluxe
5.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Ronda de Sant Pere 27 ppal 4a, 08010 Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)   |
Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #22 of 303 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Yarm uk
“One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

On the journey in the taxi from the airport, our driver commented on how central the hotel was. I didn't believe him until we arrived and found our barrings. This hotel is three streets away from Catalunya Square which is central to The Rambla Street. You couldn't ask for a more central hotel without it being too noisy with the hustle and bustle of Catalunya or The Rambla.

Upon arrival we were greeted by the receptionist Jessica; who by the end of our stay had become out receptionist, tour guide, translator, waitress and friend. My boyfriend and I stayed 5 nights at the ANBA and every minute was fantastic. Being an interior designer, interiors are obviously everything to me and I was in ore of the stylish design and fabulous ideas the whole building possessed. The ANBA is the best example of attention to detail; from the fresh orange juice served at breakfast, to the original 19th century hand-painted ceilings, the open courtyard and the fresh and free croissants, pastries and coffee available around the clock. This place has it all.

Fresh towels were provided every day when the room was cleaned. Bath robes and extra towels were given to us upon request and the hotel offered room service which when we ordered a bottle of wine and some chocolate vodka shots, we received a complimentary bowl of nuts. On the first night of our stay, chocolates were left on our pillow and on our last night we had a turn-down service. The breakfast is self-service but there is everything you could wish for; from cereals and pastries to hot food such as scrambled eggs and sausages. Breakfast is served in a large dinning room which is a great place to meet and socialize with the other guests staying in the hotel.

My boyfriend and I stayed in room 7. The room was a good size, had a large wardrobe and a well stocked and reasonable priced mini-fridge. The bed was very comfy and the balcony looking out onto the near buildings was beautiful. The air-con wasn't great as its positioned under a lip in the ceiling, We stayed in November so the temperature at night was around 10' but I wouldn't like to think what it would be like in Summer temperatures! The bedroom was very contemporary however the en suit design was rather odd. Due to space limitations, the en suit is actually IN the bedroom. All that separates you from the toilet, the shower and the bed is a sliding black glass door. This is fine for the shower but I would have liked a little more privacy for the toilet ! My boyfriend and I have been going out for quite a while so ultimately the toilet 'issue' wasn't a massive issue but I would be horrified if I were staying in this room with someone I didn't know too well/wasn't all that comfortable with.

I would recommend this hotel 100% due to its location, how friendly the staff are and the modern and luxurious interiors. Jessica was able to get us a 2euroes discount on all the attractions, if we booked through the hotel and although this may not sound allot, it soon adds up to be a massive discount over all.

Around the hotel there are fabulous restaurants, bars, local supermarkets and shops... although beware, as allot of the shops are whole-sale only, which is bizarre!

I can not thank the staff enough, especially Jessica. The hotel is beautiful kept and we shall be returning if we ever have another holiday in Barcelona.

I would give this place 6 stars if I could.

Room Tip: Room 7. Good size, beautiful balcony, luxurious interiors but odd en-suit design.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Turkish first
Pearland, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here Nov 1 & 2 with 4 other couples. We arrived in Barcelona after a cruise and took a taxi straight to the B&B. Unfortunately we could not check in right away because we arrived in the morning and the rooms were still occupied. We went out sightseeing and checked in later in the day. Jessica and Miguel were very helpful with sightseeing tips, directions etc.

The rooms were very nice and my wife and I stayed in the suite, definitely worth the upgrade. There was a problem with Room 5, it had a sewer smell that needs to be fixed, so if you plan on staying here make sure you request one of the other rooms. ANBA was very good about it and when the couple traveling with us complained, they refunded the cost of the room.

Finally the B&B is in a great location just a short walk to main tourist areas and convenient transportation.

All in all this is a very nice B&B.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Noemí B, Director General at ANBA Bed&Breakfast Deluxe, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for sharing your review in the Tripadvisor Community. We regret that during your stay you had a problem with the odors in room 5. It was a specific problem that is already solved and that only lasted a few days. In the center of Barcelona, in ​​this hotel and in others, it sometimes happens that when the change of weather / season arrives (hot - cold) or it is going to rain a lot, smells of pipes can change, and sometimes, just sometimes can affect to homes, hotel rooms etc. .. usually very punctual and very unusual, but it's true that it can happen, both here and in other buildings.

Thank you very much again, looking forward to receive you in the next future if you come back to Barcelona.

Best wishes,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I was taken here as a treat for my 30th birthday and it was just the perfect place to stay for a romantic long weekend in Barca.

The place feels like a luxury boutique hotel. Among the lovely little things that impressed me were the free Nespresso coffee whenever you wanted, designer bathroom fittings that are a pleasure to use, and the relaxing roof garden located at the back of the building away from any road noise and complete with comfortable outdoor furniture on which to lounge around.

Our room was also extremely comfortable and had a generous balcony overlooking the street.

The place is so relaxing and the staff could not have been more helpful.

Altogether, a perfect bed and breakfast experience.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Difficult to find but once you do you,ll be impressed.Right beside the metro.Stayed here with my wife for my birthday.Stayed in the main suite for 3 nights.Well worth it!!!Good location.Friendly staff.Theres only 7 rooms but if you want to stay somewhere different than big hotels come and stay in this luxury b and b.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Noemí B, Gerente at ANBA Bed&Breakfast Deluxe, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Steven,

Thank you very much for writing a review in Tripadvisor and share your experience.

It is true that sometimes it's a little difficult to find us, because we are not the typical hotel at street level, we are on the first floor within a modernist Barcelona building from 1876, and it's required mention that the contrast from the building common areas and the inside ANBA is pretty remarkable.
We just have 7 rooms and the suite is one of the most beautifull rooms, it was a good choice.

Thank you very much to take your time in write few lines of your stay.

Hope to see you next time in ANBA.

Best Regards,
Coffs Harbour, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I spent 6 nights at ANBA in mid October & enjoyed every minute. The staff are are a delight. We appreciated their endless attempts to try & book online tickets for Sagrada Familia when the website wouldn't accept our cards.
Naomi also came in early to prepare breakfast when we had an early morning trip to Monserrat.
We left before breakfast on our last day but the previous night were given plenty of breakfast supplies to eat before our flight to Singapore.
We loved our room with a huge shower head, decorative ceiling & balcony. The all day coffee machine & wonderful breakfasts were also a bonus to our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrea,

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay in ANBA. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other tripadvisor travelers.

We are pleased that breakfast has satisfied your expectations and that you enjoyed our coffee and tea service 24 hours. We normally offer a little breakfast to go if some guest have an early check out, but even the breakfast starts at 8am, we come a little earlier to started before, for people leaving at 8 o'clock in the morning.
We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in ANBA.

We hope to see you again in your next trip to Barcelona.

All our best!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We recently stayed at the AnBa during La Mercè festival and loved it.

The hotel is ideally situated in the Eixample district - an easy walk to La Plaça de Catalunya and surrounds and yet just far enough away from the bustle of the ongoing celebrations.

The hotel is beautifully appointed and comfortable and the breakfast offerings were varied and delicious.

The staff were very helpful and knowledgable - but a special thank you to Jessica whose assistance with suggestions and bookings was invaluable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Noemí B, Gerente at ANBA Bed&Breakfast Deluxe, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for noting our location. As you say, we are located in the city center, which is an advantage. Even if we have a metro station just facing the building and you can arrive even more quickly around is always nice to walk, Barcelona it's a really lively city to enjoy and discover.

We always try to find new tips and we take note of all reviews of restaurants and activities from all of you to improve in our recommendations, thanks for mentioning.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Barcelona!

Best wishes,
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I had the pleasure to stay at ANBA B&B for a 2-night stay in Barcelona at the end of a 10-day tour of Spain. I had just spent 2 nights at the Hesperia Tower, which is also very nice, but a large, 'business' hotel on the outskirts of town, without the personal and homey comfort of this B & B. I was so pleased by the very tasteful, upbeat, clean, friendly hotel that I spent my first 1/2-day just relaxing in their rear garden area, reading and enjoying a cappucino, following their delicious, fresh breakfast.

The staff, especially Jessica and Naomi were very knowledgable, amicable and made numerous suggestions about where to go, what events were available, places to eat, and maps to get there. I was able to purchase tickets through them, which saved time and trouble at the venues. The location is quite good in the heart of the older part of the City, walking distance to the Port, the Palau Musica, La Rambla, the Picasso Museum, etc., and adjacent to a subway stop. I was lucky to be upgraded to a Suite in Rm. 6, which was lovely... nice linens, comfortable bed, amazing shower, separate tub, small balcony, window to the street, great amenities. Such a delight to be in such a pleasant, relaxing place where anything I needed was attended to with a helpfulness and a smile. I was able to leave my luggage there after check-out for later pick-up, and they even let me clean-up a bit there before my late fight out, and called for a cab as well. You will not be disappointed with this lovely place. Top-notch!
Steve Sloan, California, USA

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Sloan,

Thank you for your complete review in Tripadvisor, that helps us to improve and other guests to have a detailed idea of what it stay at ANBA and visit Barcelona.

We are very happy to give an upgrade to our guests when always we can, all rooms are differents and all of them have something that makes them special and the suite is really nice too, with the same facilities as the other double rooms but with shower and tub and much more space and beatifull views of all street corner and a balcony.
ANBA is a small boutique hotel with personality where our customers feel at home while enjoying the luxury and comfort that high standard hotels can offer, that's the most important difference between us and "big-business hotels".

Also, thanks from all the staff for you kindly words, it helps us to improve our work for making you feel as at home.
We always try to pay attention on information and recommendation giving our guests all tips we know and the new ones which we continue discovering every day, to make their trip much easier, helping all of you on reservations, buying tickets directly in ANBA's reception to avoid lines, which it's a really good point on holidays!

We are really pleasant to met you and we will like to thank you again for sharing your experience with others.

See you soon on your next trip to Barcelona!

Best Regards,

Been to ANBA Bed&Breakfast Deluxe? Share your experiences!