On the journey in the taxi from the airport, our driver commented on how central the hotel was. I didn't believe him until we arrived and found our barrings. This hotel is three streets away from Catalunya Square which is central to The Rambla Street. You couldn't ask for a more central hotel without it being too noisy with the hustle and bustle of Catalunya or The Rambla.
Upon arrival we were greeted by the receptionist Jessica; who by the end of our stay had become out receptionist, tour guide, translator, waitress and friend. My boyfriend and I stayed 5 nights at the ANBA and every minute was fantastic. Being an interior designer, interiors are obviously everything to me and I was in ore of the stylish design and fabulous ideas the whole building possessed. The ANBA is the best example of attention to detail; from the fresh orange juice served at breakfast, to the original 19th century hand-painted ceilings, the open courtyard and the fresh and free croissants, pastries and coffee available around the clock. This place has it all.
Fresh towels were provided every day when the room was cleaned. Bath robes and extra towels were given to us upon request and the hotel offered room service which when we ordered a bottle of wine and some chocolate vodka shots, we received a complimentary bowl of nuts. On the first night of our stay, chocolates were left on our pillow and on our last night we had a turn-down service. The breakfast is self-service but there is everything you could wish for; from cereals and pastries to hot food such as scrambled eggs and sausages. Breakfast is served in a large dinning room which is a great place to meet and socialize with the other guests staying in the hotel.
My boyfriend and I stayed in room 7. The room was a good size, had a large wardrobe and a well stocked and reasonable priced mini-fridge. The bed was very comfy and the balcony looking out onto the near buildings was beautiful. The air-con wasn't great as its positioned under a lip in the ceiling, We stayed in November so the temperature at night was around 10' but I wouldn't like to think what it would be like in Summer temperatures! The bedroom was very contemporary however the en suit design was rather odd. Due to space limitations, the en suit is actually IN the bedroom. All that separates you from the toilet, the shower and the bed is a sliding black glass door. This is fine for the shower but I would have liked a little more privacy for the toilet ! My boyfriend and I have been going out for quite a while so ultimately the toilet 'issue' wasn't a massive issue but I would be horrified if I were staying in this room with someone I didn't know too well/wasn't all that comfortable with.
I would recommend this hotel 100% due to its location, how friendly the staff are and the modern and luxurious interiors. Jessica was able to get us a 2euroes discount on all the attractions, if we booked through the hotel and although this may not sound allot, it soon adds up to be a massive discount over all.
Around the hotel there are fabulous restaurants, bars, local supermarkets and shops... although beware, as allot of the shops are whole-sale only, which is bizarre!
I can not thank the staff enough, especially Jessica. The hotel is beautiful kept and we shall be returning if we ever have another holiday in Barcelona.
I would give this place 6 stars if I could.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anba Bed & Breakfast Deluxe is located in a charming nineteenth century building, in the heart of Barcelona.It offers elegant rooms with air conditioning, free Wi-Fi and a private balcony. Some of them feature original hand-painted ceilings dating SXIX.Egyptian cotton sheets, laptop safe, minibar and flat-screen satellite TV. The bathroom features bathrobes, toiletries and a rain shower.ANBA serves a delicious breakfast, which includes fresh juices, homemade and seasonal local produce top quality. There is also bar service and free tea and coffee at any time. The property has a garden terrace with relaxing atmosphere to enjoy at any time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Escapio and Tingo so you can book your ANBA Bed&Breakfast Deluxe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anba Bed&Breakfast Deluxe Hotel Barcelona
- Anba Bed And Breakfast Deluxe
- ANBA Bed&Breakfast Deluxe Barcelona, Catalonia