“Good, but maybe just not for me.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gilda by Belgious

Gilda by Belgious
Carrer Ample 34, 08002 Barcelona, Spain (Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic))
+34 933 10 34 92
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Gilda by Belgious is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #121 of 6,673 Restaurants in Barcelona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Belgian, Mediterranean, Fusion, South American
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Description: Welcome to Gilda by Belgious! Dedicated to the fading art of good service and fine, flavorful food at a good price, we seek out the freshest, quality ingredients to ensure your experience is of the highest calibre from beginning (our delectable gourmet tapas) to end (our mouth watering house-made deserts)! Since we are part of Belgious, don't be surprised to discover that some of our dishes come with wasabi, ginger, curry or even cannabis ice-cream ! Our kitchen opens every evening from 18:30 till midnight (even later during weekends), meaning you can even walk in at 23:45 and still enjoy dinner with us. If you would like to try our gastronomy at noon, we do open the restaurant -prior reservation- for private groups as of 15 guests (Ideal for celebrations or company related luncheons).
Hungerford, UK
“Good, but maybe just not for me.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

When we arrived I was surprised how quiet it was, but still had quite a cosy atmosphere. I found the staff efficient, but lacking a certain personal touch.

I know lots of people have loved the innovative food on here, but I found some a little strange. My wife ordered pea soup with prawn ice cream. I just felt it didn't work. A little would have been fine, but because of the quantiti of ice cream it just made the soup go cold.

My wife also had an ice cream themed main course. Chicken with ginger ice cream, and this worked far better.

I had a very tasty tuna starter and a steak for my main course. The steak was good, but could have been better.

I just feel the food may not have been to my taste. You feel as if the chef is trying too hard. Don't let me put you off, I would suggest looking at their menu and seeing if it appeals to you.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
belgobarcelona, Propietario at Gilda by Belgious, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for visiting us. I don't know at which time you arrived but I would suspect it was still early (to Spanish dinner habits) or mid-week in low-season. Anyway, the restaurant is done in such a way that even with just a few tables occupied, the atmosphere is nice. On the food we serve, it is natural that everyone got it's own opinion and I'm sorry if the fusion cuisine didn't work 100% for you. It certainly works for a vast majority of our regular guests ;-)
Perhaps you should have tried some of our all-time favorites like the Flemish beef stew or the duck magret.
Best Regards,
Michel

• Finnish first
Hasselt, Belgium
“Great Belgian - Mediterranean mix”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This restaurant is very good choice for a great dinner in the Barri Gotic. The kitchen offers a mix of Belgian classics combined with the Mediterranean touch. Furthermore the kitchen is specialized in adding some special tastes to each plate. The result is a great plat for a very reasonable price. The personnel is very friendly and customer driven. The restaurant clearly shows passion. Certainly try, as desert, the mousse au chocolat made with Chocolate from Sao Tomé & pricipe.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
belgobarcelona, Propietario at Gilda by Belgious, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for visiting Gilda during your stay in Barcelona. Indeed the menu features some classical Belgian recipes and besides that we offer fusion cuisine which includes some plates featuring our Belgious artisanal ice cream. Also on the dessert side no compromises, we selected the finest cacao beans from Sao Tomé for our chocolate mousse.
Best Regards
Michel
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Recommendable restaurant in the old town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We are a German couple and have visited Gilda several times during our visits in Barcelona.
Very good fusion food - Belgian recipes in Spanish tapas style. The restaurant has a cosy atmosphere, friendly service, and great cooks!

• Visited January 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great find in barcelona”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We ate here on a recent trip to barcelona. We did not have a reservation but this was not a problem. We got a table and were given the menu. We both chose the flemish beef stew with fries which was excellent accompanied by a lovely bottle of red wine. Staff were very friendly and the guy even recommended a few dishes to us. Definitely be back again on our next trip to barcelona. Highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We visited Gilda recently without making a reservation, the restaurant was busy but we were seated without any problems. The food we had was absolutley gorgeous (we had 3 different courses each), couldnt have been better, each one was perfect. The service was also excellent, would go back again tomorrow if I could!! Absolutley loved it here!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere