“Good experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #223 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful, excellent stay. The staff are so helpful, nothing is too much for them to assist you with. I would recommend it for great service, great location, great food. 100 per cent fabulous. We arrived early yesterday morning, before our check in time, and were able to put our luggage into the room until it has been cleaned. It was cleaned in a very short time and we could then unpack and walk out into the street and explore the area. The breakfast is great all you could wish for. I would highly recommend this Hotel and I would certainly stay here again on my next trip to Barcelona.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Timmins, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel looks great from the outside. It is in a great location if you want to be where everything is happenning! BUT!!! My room was very small. There was tons of hair on the floor of the bathroom, particularly behind and beside the toilet. Somebody in their cleaning staff needs to be fired! The window in my room looked onto a cement wall a few feet away and an alley below. They should not even rent out that room and if they do, they should ask the person if they want it due to the window situation. I am sure someone coming through on business would not care about the window view, but for me I was there for a romantic pleasure trip with my husband and it was such a dissapointment. I was there for 2 nights and on the first night I requested a room change. The staff told me that I could probably get a room change the next day and they would leave a note for their collegue and someone would contact me, so I said ok. I heard nothing more. I was in and out all day the next day but expected a message on my phone or perhaps a note in my room regarding the change. Going to the front desk to ask again was impossible as there was line ups at the reception whenever I went by during the day and I trusted that they would handle things and contact me when it was time to change. Sat at the bar for a drink in the main lobby but the fruit flies in and around my wine and my husbands beer were so bad, we had to leave, as others were doing also. I would never stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone., The price was not cheap either,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I've just returned from a three night stay in this hotel, with two teenagers. The location is brilliant. 7 minutes walk from the Aerobus stop in Placa de Catalunya. The staff made up a sofa bed which was I'm told more than adequate. The other twin beds were adequate. The room was a little cramped but we all slept well as it was very quiet and the blinds were terrific. The free Wifi worked well during the day, but was very unreliable at night. Great for a short break. Recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Yokneam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We got to this hotel after 2 nights stay in another 4* hotel in Barca.
What a huge disappointment !
This hotel is way not worth 4*.

Old and in very bad condition. Only the facade looks nice.
We arrived at 15:30 and our triple room wasn't ready. We had to change our cloth in the gymnastic room and couldn't even take a bath. Reception gave us a call at about 17:30 and when we saw the microscopic room we insisted to be given another one.
The new room was as bad as the old one, maybe a little bigger but it was stinking with smoke - even in the bathroom !
All amenities were all worn out. The 2 slow elevators could barely take 3 people at the same time (without luggage) . Everything was in bad condition.
You had to pay extra 1.5€ per day for the safe in the room, and only then given a key . Why ? In a 4* !
Every 3.5minutes when the metro made his way into the station , the entire room shook !
We asked other guests if they had the same problem, but apparently it was only the first-second floor suffering from it.
The hotel is on the Ramblas street so location is great - But the noise outside is very noticeable even with closed windows.
Breakfast was so so. No vegetables and poor pastries. I have had much better breakfasts in 2* hotels.
Service was bad all the way !
When we checked out after 2 nights they even didn't ask us how was the stay. They didn't care. Receptionist was answering the phone and cutting you off when we checked in. I believe the reason is it was understaffed.

We left our luggage in a special room , later we discovered that it was opened and unattended the entire day !

I think it's my first bad review in tripadvisor , and I hate to give this review. But I really not recommend anyone to stay there.

Stayed October 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed here in June 2013. Ideally for tourists the hotel is located on La Ramblas the main shopping and tourist street of Barcelona. Also close to the famous farmers market which is a top site for foodies and locals in Barcelona.
Classic building with elegant architecture. Appears to be a hundred year old grand town home or office building.
Our room was modern, clean, spacious and quiet near the back of the hotel (4th floor).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lakeway, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Competitive price for a great location. We booked a balcony room at the Rivoli for a one night stay after disembarking from a 12 day cruise. The Rivoli is located on the La Rambla near the upper end away from the coast. We were a 3 minute walk from "The Barcelona City Tour" bus main stop (bus looks just like the "Big Red Bus" in London and many other European cities) with tickets sold at the Rivoli check-in desk... convenient. Great area for "touristy" shopping. Higher end shopping within a few blocks for those with larger bank rolls.

The Rivoli has a confusing room layout (would be a challenge for anyone with a handicap). Lots of steps and turns in rather dimly lit hallways. We had a balcony room overlooking the La Rambla. Initial concerns over street noise and lights were belayed when we discovered an electrically operated metal shade that covered the entire opening to the balcony. My pet peeve is to be charged "ANYTHING" to use the in-room safe and the Rivoli did not disappoint.....2.50 Euros per day. The bed was extremely uncomfortable as in HARD. That said, all else was just fine.

The staff was helpful and actually was able to get us to our rooms a couple of hours before their official check-in time. Rivoli has a bar and restaurant but we used neither preferring the local spots along the La Rambla.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Camden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Hotel was positioned in a great location. - due to the location the room was a little noisy..
My first room was horrible, i had to stay in it for one night and the next day was given another room with a balcony wow what a difference. Apparently they upgraded me (nice not to be charged) but if i had not got the upgrade i would of changed hotels. So if booking a room do not book a standard room VERY ORDINARY. This is really a 3 star hotel, staff where ok, not to helpful except for the door man at night...
We did not have breakfast included - as there where so many places to eat around the hotel at a fraction of the cost..
DONT let the hotel book you a taxi we incurred a 12 euro booking fee, when you could just catch one out side,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Serhs Rivoli Rambla? Share your experiences!