“Fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Arts Barcelona

You added Hotel Arts Barcelona to your Saves list
Hotel Arts Barcelona
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marina 19 - 21, 08005 Barcelona, Spain (La Barceloneta)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
New Year's Eve Package
Ranked #37 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Visited Barcelona for a conference in Jan 2013 based here and to date its the best hotel I've stayed at.

Ritz-Carlton run with a interesting "arts" brand twist. Art being a focus with artwork displayed all around, incl sculpture by the pool and guess you could add the actual building to that list. It's a skyscraper with modern styling aka 90s.

Beautiful inside, very well run, fresh flowers abound, luxurious carpet underfoot. Small thing, but the colour scheme struck me as being thought through..pastels, greys, browns...it changes as you progressed through the property in a very considered way. The artist in me appreciated it.

Service top notch for the two things I used it for: dry cleaning and room service.

Biggest and most impressive bathroom I've ever had (dome ceiling y'all). Massive bed, seating area, Bang & Olufsen tv and hifi from opening days...but that is getting old so I think they need to consider upgrading.

Views are absolutely stunning. I overlooked both the marina and the city.

Location is good, on the oceanfront, close to the old city...I walked there one day in 20 mins - you walk through a large park. There is also a metro stop close by.

Just loved the atmosphere of the hotel.

Room Tip: Both sea and city views are excellent.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sint-Katelijne-Waver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Loved out stay from the bezinning until the end.
Good reception, very friendly.
Beautiful room that is well equiped, the most gorgeous view.
A breakfast from heaven.
And decoration as it should be in a give star hotel.
Stay here you wint regret it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Like many others, we stayed here prior to our European Disney Cruise. We stayed for 4 nights. We have stayed in many other 5-star hotels around the world and the Hotel Arts is better than most. We were made to feel welcome and at home from the time we checked in.

The location was perfect. We were able to run along the beach every day, then were greeted with a bottle of water when we arrived back at the hotel. A couple of times they were out of water and went and got more so we would have a bottle. This along with being greeted by staff at every turn showed the attention to detail and the guests that is core to their business.

The room was perfect and the breakfast could not have been better. We truly had a fantastic stay in Barcelona and a magical beginning to our wonderful cruise. Thank you to everyone at the Hotel Arts for making our stay there memorable- in a good way!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here for 6 nights with my wife, both our first time in Barcelona. This hotel is perfectly located just off the beach, with everything at your doorstep. Looking at the beach, you head to the right for great bars and night spots, to the left for an Arabic flare, little hookah and such.. then take a <10 Euro cab to anywhere in the city.

The rooms are very well done here, just relaxing with great views, very comfortable bed, excellent bathroom with multi-head showers and great sound system and wonderful coffee maker in the room. Just enough of what you need to recharge after a late night on the beach.

The pool area is excellent with exceptionally attentive staff, they really do care about making you comfortable.. they are well trained and you can tell.

The concierge service was hit or miss.. we LOVED Blanca, she was energetic and gave us outstanding recommendations for the type of food we wanted. If you see her, wait for her, she has such passion about what she recommends and she's been there for a while and experienced many of these places herself. On the other hand, we had a couple strange experiences with Sarah Li.. i asked her about a Spanish Civil War tour, after researching she told me they were sold out but the most reasonable option was a private tour for 325 euros.. I asked why she thought it was reasonable (joking) she went on to say "well people here are spending 600+ per night so spending 300+ on a tour should be no problem for them" what? i said maybe you should tell the price and let your customers decide what is reasonable for them.. she further put her foot in mouth "well my father wouldn't pay for that but .." was she calling me cheap like her father? i couldn't believe the lack of maturity Sarah had.. so i did some research and found a rave review of a civil war tour in trip advisor for 30 euros with availability and 10 people max. I recommended they look into it... which she did and had the tour info sent to my room. Decent recovery on her part.. but i had another encounter with her.. walking into the lobby.. she comes out and says "wow you look tired!!" .. who likes it when someone says that?? i was tempted to say "well Sarah, you look tired too!" but i held back.. i just think she needs to put herself in her customers shoes and maybe learn a bit from her more experiences co-workers. I was tempted to reduce my review from excellent to above average.. but Blanca and the hotel more than made up for Sarah's lack of experience and maturity... just beware.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelArts, Manager at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Workhplayh,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comment. I was sincerely sorry to read your comments, and so was our concierge Sarah. Allow me to reiterate how truly we both regret your disappointment with our concierge service.

We care about each visitor we have at Hotel Arts and strive to offer the most valuable advice at any time. When it is reported that we failed to do so, we take action immediately to ensure that appropriate adjustments are made with our teams.

We sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future in order to recover your trust.

Although we failed in leaving you a pleasant memory during your last visit, I would be truly grateful if you accepted to discuss your experience further with me.

Feel free to leave your contact details via email at hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com or calling +34 93 221 1000 and I will personally return your call or message as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager
Hotel Arts Barcelona
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Luxury hotel in perfect location by the sea...easy walking distance to the beach, waterfront restaurants and on the grey line bus stop for easy access to the city center. Overnighted here for 2 nights prior to a cruise. Quiet, friendly, clean, beautiful art installation at the pool.

• Stayed September 2013
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We were wanting to stay at a fine hotel. We found one - The Hotel Arts Barcelona was gorgeous. The staff was outstanding and very helpful. Our hotel room? The view of Barcelona from our huge windows was, well, incredible. We could see the Sagrada Familia Church from our room. Our hotel room was more like a beautiful apartment than a hotel room. Just superb!!

The restaurant was outstanding and the service from the minute we got there until we checked out? Five star quality.

Would I stay at the Hotel Arts again? Absolutely.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband, three young kids and I stayed at the Hotel Arts for 5 nights before a European Disney Cruise in late May. We upgraded to a suite and the Club level thanks to the help of the Concierge Manager Giselle. Because of Gisele, and a valet named Egbert Casasas, our trip was perfection. One night, after my kids were starving for some "American kid food", Egbert ordered the most wonderful chinese food for my kids to be delivered to the room. He also took my husband across town to buy some DVDs and a wine bottle that we had and I had wanted from a restaurant the night before. Simply outstanding. The service at this hotel lives up to the Ritz standards and more. Several mornings the hostess at the club level brought breakfast items to our room because we didn't wake up till late due to jet lag. The list of what they did seriously is endless. I'm a Marriott Platinum member, and they treated us like we were the king and queen of Barcelona. Thanks, Hotel Arts, for a GREAT start to our European vacation!!

Room Tip: Ask for Gisele at the Club level for a room upgrade at a very reasonable price. It's worth it. O...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Arts Barcelona? Share your experiences!