“Ritz Carlton staff at its best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Arts Barcelona

You added Hotel Arts Barcelona to your Saves list
Hotel Arts Barcelona
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marina 19 - 21, 08005 Barcelona, Spain (Ciutadella / Vila Olimpica)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Family Package
Ranked #42 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Switzerland
“Ritz Carlton staff at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Excellent Hotel. My Piece of advice: Take a Suite. It is well worth the Money. The first Memory that Comes to mind when I think about this trip is the wonderful City view and the sea from the Suite.
The breakfast is excellent! Do not Forget to try the benedict eggs and the French toast!

Room Tip: Reserve a Suite in the top floors. View is fantastic!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
london
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My reviews are usually inspired by a great experience that I think the hope of the TA community would enjoy knowing about.

My experience at Hotel Arts, sadly, has compelled me to write a (rare) negative review.

First, the positives:
- location is beautiful (albeit not central) and close to the airport
- staff is very friendly and reasonably multi-national
- common areas are beautiful
- it's nice to have a 2M star restaurant on site
bathroom is lovely

The reasons my stay is "no bueno":
- I am here for a lot of work and a bit of play ... and the internet connectivity is horrible. The words "pig slow" come to mind. 2.4Mbps up and 2.9Mbps down, 66ms ping. All for a neat 25 euros per day.
- Hotel efficiency seems poor. Luggage took 30 minutes to get to room only after 4 calls to concierge. I needed it before starting meetings fresh off redeye flight. Thermostat in room was broken, maintenance took over an hour to arrive only after another 4 calls to concierge. All for a neat 350 euros per night.
- Room service menu leaves a lot to be desired both in terms of selection (not especially green) and price. I had 2 soups (snacks) for 40 euros, and a salad, some fruit, and 4 shrimp for 70 euros. A 75cl bottle of water costs 10 euros. Really?
- Room could use updating. Furniture is worn (beautiful velvetized seating, doesn't handle overusage well, carpet stains, chipped wood, etc).
- Hotel layout is very poor for conference-style meetings. Lots of awkward walks between ballrooms (combo of hallways, stairs, different buildings, and elevators) and meeting rooms. Hard to get to meetings on time.

People rave about this hotel. It was a pain to get a reservation. Having now stayed here, I don't get it. Unlikely to repeat.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear ostramundo,

Thank you very much for taking your time to leave us your detailed comments, following your stay in November.

I am very concerned that your visit to our hotel could not live up with your expectations and I ask you to accept my apologies. Your personal observations are important to us in order to improve all the aspects you have mentioned and avoid such disappointing experiences in the future. We will of course review each point carefully and ensure that corrections are made where necessary.

In order to follow up on your comments with my team, I would also be pleased to have the chance to personally contact you. If you agree, please be so kind to leave me your contact details to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com or calling +34 93 221 1000 and I will return your call or message personally.

Thank you in advance and I hope to have a second chance to make of your stay an entirely comfortable and memorable experience.
Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager
Hotel Arts Barcelona
Livermore, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This hotel was our last stop on a trip to Pairs Portugal and Spain we stayed at 7 different places and this hotel toped them all and we stayed at all nice hotels ! The staff is outstanding the club was the best I have ever seen at a Ritz-Carlton We had reserved a club level suite and they upgraded us to a apartment that was so over the top we did not what to leave the room. The staff greeted you by name and gave us impeccable service. We are always going to stay here when in Barcelona !!

Room Tip: Go for the club level room - view is outstanding and the club is wonderful you may what to go out fo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Begur, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was so sad to check out of the Hotel Arts. My husband and I have just celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary in this most wonderful hotel. This hotel is truly fantastic, in every way, the rooms are very tastefuly furnished, impecably clean, the sea view is gorgeous, but the staff ....... everyone we dealt with was so friendly, warm and helpful.
We booked the Romance package which was simply perfect!
Oh I can' t wait to return ........ soon!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Family vacation to Barcelona, staying in this hotel was a suprise for the kids. Excellent service. We walked into the lobby and were greeted by a staff member who asked us how our flight was, how long we were staying, and would we like some champagne? The rooms were gorgeous. We had a view of the city. The only problem was there was a bar blocking part of the view in one of our rooms (we got two). The room for the kids was defeintely better in that aspect-it had an uninhibited view of Barcelona-we could see La Sagrada Familia in the distance. We didn't eat at the hotel resturants, but there was a lounge for Marriot Rewards members where there were crossiants and all sorts of drinks (coffee, tea, soda, waters) offered until 3 in the afternoon. We ate breakfast there. We bought bread and alcohol in the city and brought it back to the hotel where we enjoyed it poolside with the free water and apples they give you. One night when we were too tired to do anything else, we had cheese, chocolate, bread, and apples for dinner. It was easy, but fun. Even though you are already spending money staying here, if you don't want to pay for the expensive hotel food, there are easy ways to get food without spending 50 euros for a family breakfast. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

It's our second stay, and it's still as incredible as our first stay!!! The room, the cleanliness, the service, all are tops!! Not one person passes you by, without acknowledging you. The rooms are stocked with all amenities you can think of, the bathroom large and more than adequate, large towels, lots of soap lots of room. Beautiful large rooms. Beautiful vistas, great bed, it's a pity to have to leave!!

• Stayed November 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My parents came to this hotel and after staying in the apartments they didn't want to come home. Unfortunately i did not visit, this time, but after hearing all their stories i will return with them and i cannot wait.
I am eternally grateful for everyone who made my parents happy. They came home relaxed and revived and still to this day talking about the impeccable service and the amazing space and views. Very impressive. i would like to give my gratitude to the apartments team who helped make their vacation the incredible break they needed and wanted.

tremendous job guys, i hope to see you soon and meet you all to get the same experience.

Room Tip: The apartments are very good for families and very good for value for money. Much more attention giv...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Arts Barcelona? Share your experiences!