“Amzing hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Arts Barcelona

You added Hotel Arts Barcelona to your Saves list
Hotel Arts Barcelona
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marina 19 - 21, 08005 Barcelona, Spain (Ciutadella / Vila Olimpica)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Family Package
Ranked #40 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“Amzing hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed there before going on a cruise and the location is great next to the harbor and a stone's throw from the beach. We had a corner room with city and ocean view and the room was huge. The service was great and we were able to walk pretty much everywhere in the old town and to the most important sites. The breakfast buffet was amazing.

Room Tip: Pick a southeast corner room for the best views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed four nights at a suite in this fantastic hotel. We experienced a high level of comfort, not just in the room, but as well at the meeting room at the 41st floor which gave us a great view and balcony to get some fresh air.
We stayed here 6 years ago, and things still look great, means that maintenance has done a great job.
This hotel offers nice restaurants as well, which we tried for lunch..
Just one thing negative, one of my collegues went out to buy cigarets, as the hotel dont sell them, and was harassed by some crazy guy just outside the hotel. Look out!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

A "Club executive suite" certainly ticks all of the right boxes for me. The service is second to none, the suites are spotlessly clean and offer panoramic views of the city and the sea combined. The restaurants offer an amazing choice of menus. The staff are both friendly and very professional. Location wise, I don't think you can beat it... And I certainly can not wait until I get to visit again! Highly recommended...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Zug, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

we stayed 4 nights in a beautiful room on the 28th floor. the room was clean modern good size ,comfortable and fantastic view. stuff was very helpful friendly both in the hotel and the restaurant. We ate twice in the hotel and were very surprized by how good it was.
you can see that there is a lot of attention to details (good management).

there is a need for a free WIFI as it should be standard in every hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The modern exterior architecture, some attractive interior spaces, and its location by the beach, along with the Ritz brand, all make this a tempting choice; however, it was overall disappointing, especially for the high price it commands. The room was dirty and the staff seemed annoyed that we pointed out the ugly filth. Also, as one reviewer pointed out, there is theft type activity going on at night outside the hotel; there was an attempted pick pocketing of a friend late one night.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
HotelArts, Manager at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear TheWorldIsMyBackyard,

I would like to thank you for having taken your time to comment on your visit. Your opinion helps us to evaluate the experience we offer our guests and to improve ourselves.

I am sorry to hear that you encountered difficulties during your visit in Barcelona. I am also concerned about the issues you have mentioned in your room at our hotel, and I would like to follow up on your comments with my team in order to remedy these shortcomings. I would appreciate if you would allow me to contact you in order to get some further details on your experience. If you could send me a brief e-mail to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com and tell me how I can best contact you, it will be my pleasure to return your message with a personal call or e-mail.

Thank you in advance for your collaboration. Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

we came to this hotel on a recommendation from a friend for pre dinner drinks. The door men were friendly and welcoming, but in the bar even though we were the only people in the bar (at 9pm on a Saturday night...) the service was slow and the bar staff didn't offer us crisps/nibbles even though they put snacks out on the empty tables... We had to pour the second bottle of champagne ourselves as the waitress disappeared beautiful bar but service was awful!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear thepatts,

I would like to thank you for having commented on your visit to Hotel Arts. Your feedback helps us to improve the experience we offer to our guests.

I regret and apologize that the service given did not meet your expectations and I can understand your disappointment about this lack of attention. I would like to follow up on the issues you have mentioned and I would appreciate the opportunity to comment your experience in more detail. If you would like to tell me how I can best get in touch with you, it will be my pleasure to answer your message with a personal call or e-mail. I invite you to contact me writing to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com or calling +34 93 221 1000.

I look forward to your message and I hope to have the chance to welcome you back to Frank’s Bar soon in order to give you the spotless experience you deserve.

Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager
United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

What I liked: the service, the room (big, "cool" without being ridiculous, great view, separate shower with real power), the 33rd floor club, the art on the walls, well-equipped gym, and the bottles of water by the side of the bed
What I was less keen on - mostly minor niggles except for the first: the bed - big, but uncomfortably hard; the eccentric hotel lay out with too much changing elevators; the slightly over complicated push button system for lights and blinds; the insistence by the cleaning team on leaving the TVs turned on - and always tuned to dreadful musak
Most people should be happy here

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Arts Barcelona? Share your experiences!