“First Class Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Arts Barcelona

You added Hotel Arts Barcelona to your Saves list
Hotel Arts Barcelona
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marina 19 - 21, 08005 Barcelona, Spain (Ciutadella / Vila Olimpica)   |
Hotel packages
GreenLeadersBronze level
London
“First Class Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We went here during July 2012. There was a slight problem checking in (a delay in getting the room ready which after a long flight was not good). Aside from that the service here was superb.

Also it appears that the hotel is a little behind in technology. Although you get an hour of free wi-fi in the lobby area, you must bring a printed voucher to check in.

So an iphone screen is not sufficient it must be printed ! What a hassle that can cause at reception. Particularly backward when you can get through a lot of aiports with an iphone !

We went with our 5 year old kid. The staff really looked after him, so much so that he did not want to go home !. I also think he fell in love with a girl called Chritina there and has now decided to take up learning Spanish on his return

There was nothing that was too much trouble or bother. We managed to get a high floor with views over the city which were just spectaluar to say the least, especially at dusk..

Breakfast was exceptional and I recommend that you get a package with breakfast if that is on offer. There is so much to choose from and very high quality food. I would also recommend you work out before breakfast to build an appetite.

The pool can be crowded at times so reserve a chair in advance if you can. I think they can keep the slot open for 15mins or so before you end up as a no-show.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. Remember to print your hotel voucher before you get there.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

You would stay here for the view from the high floors and for the access to the beach and casino. It is somewhat distant from the central part of Barcelona. So if you want the excitement of the central Barcelona area, I would stay elsewhere. You will get excellent service here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Not only is this hotel absolutely beautiful and full of aesthetically pleasing details, the friendly and helpful staff is absolutely phenomenal. I stayed for 4 nights on business. I was prepping for a large presentation on day number 2 and decided to add new visuals to my materials very late in the evening for the following morning's presentation. These materials weren't critical but rather, added some "polish." The conference room had since been locked given it was now well after working hours. I spoke with Carlos Nunez at the hotel's concierge desk who then called the responsible off duty security guard on his cell phone and coordinated with 2 other staff members to allow me access to the room (that is after his team had already printed the new materials I was going to be adding). Initially, I told Carlos I would be having a late dinner in one of the restaurants and just to call to confirm whether access was possible. He and another staff member came up to the restaurant to personally deliver my materials and let me know there was a doorman waiting to escort me to the room so I could finish up. I was incredibly impressed with he and his staff's proactive resolve. After presenting the following day, colleagues commented on the extra "touches" noticed on the final presentation. Thank you again Carlos and staff!

Front desk worker, Leonie who, on my last evening when I shared that I was completely dehydrated and didn't want to drink all the Evian's in the room (for obvious reasons) took it upon herself to carry up multiple free hotel bottles...she even made 2 trips to my room to ensure I had enough and then wanted to fill my ice bucket (to which I declined as I think that I had taken enough of her time for my atypical request). This is completely out of the realm of her job and she was more than willing to assist in any way possible. She also helped in every other capacity as needed to make my stay that much better/easier.

Tip - go to hotel Arola...staff is amazing as well and food is great.

In sum, this place is worth every penny for what you get back. I will be returning to Hotel Arts in the near future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the higher levels facing the water
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear CSabs,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to give us such a detailed and precise feedback on your stay.

I am delighted to hear you have had a pleasant and satisfactory experience. I also fell very happy that you found we have been up to your expectations in the service given. I will personally share your kind comments with our employees.

Thank you again for your message and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again.

Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager
Hotel Arts Barcelona
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband and I spent most of a long weekend in Barcelona at this lovely hotel. We had two great meals - the tasting at Arola (very whimsical and delicious) and a lovely dinner at Enoteca, where the food is outrageously good. The only caveat is that Enoteca has very bright lighting - it is a beautiful restaurant though. What really sets this hotel apart is it's staff. The club lounge staff were exceptional. The only true complaint I would have is with the WiFi - it basically doesn't work. Something they should take a look at. Not that big of an issue - as we spent most of our trip getting to know this lovely hotel and this wonderful city. I hope to return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Spent a night at this fantastic hotel prior to departing Barcelona on a Transatlantic Cruise. Opted for a concierge level suite (33rd floor). FANTASTIC service, wonderful, personal reception, and some of the best concierge lounge food I've ever eaten - anywhere. The only bad news: this fantastic hotel also has a slew of restaurants - including one that just received two Michelein Stars!!!! - so you almost feel guilty not eating in them. The service, from reception to food, to concierge is exceptional. Example: I inadvertantly left my jacket in a hire car (after an 18 hour flight over - go figure); when I notice it missing I alerted the concierge who tracked it down and delivered it to my room quickly - alerting me to the status frequenly ( it was a very expensive jacket). You can't fault this beautiful hotel - room amenities were exceptional ( chocolate dipped strawberries on arrival, custom sweets, Aqua de Palma toiletries). Bedding was beautiful and the beds very comfortable. The shower featured waterfall overhead jet and separate side jets; electrically operated window blinds; Bose stereo, and views that were simply amazing. I did opt for room service (breakfast) and was not disappointed. This hotel has the feel of a boutique, it feels that inviting and intimate, and I loved the front desk area - located above the entrance - very personal and beautifully designed. Flowers everywhere. The waterfront location is beautiful - and I even had a view of Gaudi's beautiful cathedral. Easy to get to anything.... this place is pretty darn near "perfect".

Room Tip: Concierge Level has suites with spectacular views - and amazing concierge services - the lounge is s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

i took my wife to barcelona for her birthday. tanja at the hotel ensured everything was perfect and it was. the service was excellent and the little touches that tanja made sure happened only made it more perfect.

Room Tip: facing the water
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Excellent service levels and room furnishings. Overall an excellent business hotel with 2 exceptions
- Food: Room service leaves plenty to be desired. I found the chicken pizza the most appetising dish, need I say more?
- Lift layout leaves you wondering if the hotel has been built piecemeal as you have to walk around quite a bit to get from the lowest floor to the top i.e. no direct lifts - not ideal for moving quickly

Room Tip: get views of the port
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Arts Barcelona? Share your experiences!