“Location and class” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Palace Hotel

You added El Palace Hotel to your Saves list
El Palace Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 668, 08010 Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #7 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
maui
“Location and class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I am very glad to have a good review of the El Palacio Hotel, in Barcelona ,668 Gran Via de Las Corts Catalones, (i put in address because there are a few hotels with same name).
I had actually put off a trip to Barcelona because I had such a hard time finding a Hotel that was affordable and had a little class in a good location. I read trip adviser every time before I book a hotel and the reviews seemed pretty good for this hotel.
I found my experience with this hotel to be a very good one. I got a room that was spacious and
affordable compared to the going rate of hotels in europe.
The hotel has a gorgeous lobby, very nice breakfast area, and old style regal rooms. I saw so many hotels that were just too ultra modern when I was searching for place in Barcelona.
The hotel is very centrally located. Just a few minutes to walk to Las Romblas, you can also walk to La Sagrada Familia.
I found the Employees to be efficient, and service good. I don't know why but it seems i always make friends with a nice bellman. Gleb (sp)was very helpful.
I wish so many hotels did not charge for wifi, but I was able to connect to Internet in the room.
I found Barcelona to be a beautiful city with great architecture and friendly people. Didn't have any threat of thieves at all. ANd I could not believe all teh great deals being offered in stores.
There were 75% off sales everywhere.
One thing, the beds are very hard..i was ok with that but if you don't like hard beds you might consider that.
So i say Yes to El Palacio, I stayed before a cruise and after and it worked out to be a very good experience.

Room Tip: ask for upgrade to suite..I did and got it
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Oh my, the El Palace is simply breathtaking! We arrived after disembarking from our cruise ship at 7.30am. From the moment we arrived we knew this was going to be a wonderful experience. The taxi doors were opened for us and the cases taken into the reception. Our room, even though very early, was ready! And we were upgraded to a room with a roman bath! R207.... my oh my....It was exquisite! The whole hotel is a mix of parisian opulence meets Agatha Christie. It's swags are huge but belong there, the glass mirrors everywhere reflect the lamps and textures of the sumptuous rooms, the restaurant is where you would expect Poirot to be eating his breakfast while solving a murder!! Oh and before I forget this Hotel smells utterly scrumptious! You have to have stayed there to understand this.... It's invigorating and mind teasing! I could go an and on about this hotel and I assure you all, you will not be disappointed staying here for any occasion. The staff are very friendly, polite, and obliging. The rooms are dapper and we will definitely be booking the Salvador Dali suite next time! Yes we will be returning! Our room really was fantastic, everything had been thought about. You need to see the marble fireplace and the hidden tv! The bed was HUGE and the la Ocitaine bath products were such a treat. A perfect place for a honeymoon... Not to mention the complementary bottle of fizz and chocolates! Thank you El Palace!
Everyone must stay at this hotel once in their lifetime... Barcelona is an amazing city and the hotel is fantastically positioned. Go down to the cocktail bar and have a peek in the ONLY smoking room in Barcelona. The decor down there will blow you away.
In a nut shell, stay here! It's amazing!! I just wish I'd seen Piorot! ;-)
See you all very soon!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

One of the best parts of our cruise was our pre hotel stay at the El Palace Hotel!!!!!! We cannot compliment this hotel enough. Every detail was taken care of. The interior is BEAUTIFUL. The service is one of the best we have experienced. The room was immaculate. The scent through out the hotel is wonderful. Room service was excellent. The dining room food was very good. My mother, my teenage daughter and I stayed here for two nights before our cruise out of Barcelona. A girls trip. The location is perfect. We were able to walk to several locations and felt very safe. Just having coffee or tea in the lobby is an event. It's a high class hotel, but not stuffy. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. It's expensive but so worth the splurge.

Room Tip: We chose a larger room type since there were three of us. The hotel room was not as large as some ro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This beautiful hotel which used to be the Ritz has kept all splendor of yesteryear.

The staff was so lovely, my husband and I arrived very early in the morning after an exhausting long light from Australia and the staff went out of their way to get a room ready for us early. The breakfast buffet was awesome and the rooms extremely comfortable.

With lovely staff and it's close proximity to all the great Gaudi sites of Barcelona, the is a great hotel to book.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

It is a very elegant and stylish historic building well kept and maintained with nice personel and five star amenities hotel.It is suitable for people who like luxuriousness and history as well.It is in the most central area of Barcelona in a walking distance from every big attraction of the city.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is very well positioned. It’s within walking distance to the Barri Gotic (15 minutes) and 20 minutes to La Sagrada Familia. We walked with a 7 year old child and he never complained about the distance.

Our very elegant room on the top floor was ready at 9:00am, when we arrived from the airport. We were taken to the room by Celine (Guest and Public Relations) who made us feel as we had arrived to a friends’ house. We loved the large room, large bathroom and the jacuzzi in the bathroom, although it took us some time to work out how to operate it. A piece of plastic with instructions how to change the water flow options, is also used to operate the jacuzzi.

While our room was on the top floor, we stayed some time at the lounge and had breakfast every day at the restaurant (both located at the ground floor) and never felt any tremors as mentioned by some reviewers. The room was very quiet, away from the main road.

During our stay we were impressed with the quick and efficient porter and valet service. We rate this hotel as the friendliest of all the hotels we stayed in Spain. This is because of the Guest and Public Relations staff (Celine and Katharina). Every time we were in the lobby, Celineor Katharina would appear and have an informal chat, while recommending sites and making sure we were happy. We don’t like using a concierge, but because we were approached informally, we listened and did take some of the advice which was useful. We really loved chatting to Celine, because she made us feel as we weren’t alone in Barcelona, but had a friend!

In room dining options were bizarre and expensive, and we found nothing for our 7 year old son.

I don’t think you can find a better and friendlier hotel in Barcelona.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Many people do not know that this beautiful grand hotel was the former Ritz. The hotel was built in 1919, yet the rooms are very spacious and everything is very modern and clean. I have no complaints other than the Gym is extremely small and a hotel of this ranking probably deserves a true full-scale fitness center such as Le Palais in Prague. El Palace Hotel is truly a Leading Hotel of the World!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to El Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!