“Very good location but very expensive and Spa very small” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
New Member of LHW
Ranked #16 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Moscow, Russia
“Very good location but very expensive and Spa very small”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have been there many times for a MWC fair (Mobile World Congress) in February (last visit this year 2013). This hotel is superbly located and offer spacious room with all facilities. Breakfast is great but the room on the underground was very cold. I never tried this hotel in the summer so I cannot comment on the spa (they have an small outdoor pool on the last floor of the hotel and a spa place that must be booked in advanced).

They also have a Michelin rated restaurant providing a very good way to enjoy Barcelona.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments about your stay at Majestic Hotel & Spa.
We always appreciate hearing from our guests and take note of either positive or negative comments, in order to improve our service. I just want to explain you that due to strategically reasons we decided to close Drolma Restaurant, the one that had been awarded with a Michelin star. Despite of this closure, if you decide to give us another opportunity to serve you, I recommend you to eat at our “Restaurante Condal” where you will enjoy one of the best lunch or dinner in city.
Majestic Hotel & Spa will be looking forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nonthaburi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Despite its size, its well-functioned design has shifted my attention to appreciate my stay here. Although small, I can well managed my two luggages on the floor for packing. The hotel is well located on the central of all retail brands. Excellent bed linens.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Madam or Sir,
I would like to thank you for your comments posted about your last stay with us.
I am more than glad to see that your overall impression of our hotel was a good one.
We look forward to welcoming you to Majestic Hotel & Spa the next time you come back to Barcelona.
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at Majestic for 7 days at end of April 2013. The location is excellent, the quality of the facilities also very good (small minus on the SPA facilities). Part of the staff is unfriendly, my experience was 60 % friendly interactions and 40% unfriendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback and let me apologize for all the inconveniences that the kind of service you describes, could have caused during your stay. For us a guest not satisfied is a failure and we always learn from it to get better and better.
I will transmit your opinion to our staff in order to improve our service standard.
I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to serve you if ever your travels bring you back to Barcelona.
La Londe Les Maures, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff. We had the pleasant surprise of receiving an upgrade and it was beautiful! The rooftop bar offers an amazing view of Barcelona. Excellent stay, would also recommend for company conferences, nice conference rooms, breaks are well organized.

Stayed May 2013
Dear Madam or Sr.
Thank you very much for your kind comments.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The very best with the best location. We had an executive room with a walk in closet and sitting area. The linens were top quality. The staff was attentive, well spoken and helpful. The restaurant was top also. I travel a lot and am very picky. This was the best experience.

Room Tip: The only negative was that the bed was too hard for me.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your opinion posted about your stay with us.
I am most pleased to read that your overall impression of the hotel and staff is a good one.
It has been our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you again to Majestic Hotel & Spa next time you visit Barcelona.
San Salvador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed 5 nights at this beautiful property with my family.
The location of the hotel is perfect. You are in the middle of the Paseo de Gracia which is the elegant avenue where all the shops and restaurants are. You are a few blocks north of Las Ramblas.
The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. Have to mention the water pressure in the bathroom. Amazing.
The service can be a little hectic at times, especially at check in. A lot of people who are taking cruises from Barcelona stay here and they can overwhelm the place.
The 2 negatives of this hotel is that they charge 15 euros per night for internet service. This is uncalled for. I have stayed in higher end properties that give you "free" internet.
The other is that breakfast is extremely expensive. 30 Euros per person.
I would recommend heading outside of the hotel for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GM-GRavasi, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Customer,
It is a pleasure for us to know comments like yours where you describe our hotel as a "Beautiful Hotel," while also appreciate your comments about our Internet service and breakfast prices. I take note of them considering that is a point that we can revise during our future “prices policy” revision.
I would like to thank you for your trust and let me you to know that it will be a pleasure to receive you again during your future visits to Barcelona.

Best regards.
Boston, Ma Northshore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I brought my son to Barcelona as his graduation gift from high school and we were so happy with our hotel choice- it made our entire trip wonderful! The four highlights were the rooftop pool and bar, the water pressure and the comfort of the beds and the location! We were in room 731 and it had a small balcony overlooking a side street which made it fun and exciting to be part of the bustling city. When we closed the door it was 100% quiet. We always came back to the room being super clean and well restocked with fresh towels and glasses. My son loved his Majestic slippers and the turn down service every night. The front desk could not have been nicer and more helpful - they got us tickets to everything we wanted to see and we never had to stand in any lines. Great restaurant recommendations. My only negative was that I felt WiFi should be included especially if you stay over three nights.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 731 - a room - with two twins and a balcony-perfect for a mother/son, mother/daugh...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GM-GRavasi, General Manager at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your opinion posted about your stay with us.
I am pleased to read that your overall impression of the hotel and staff is a good one and I am certainly happy to know that your stay with us have contributed to make your Barcelona’s trip a wonderful memory for your family.
Gemma Ravasi

Been to Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona? Share your experiences!