“Beautiful hotel at a perfect location” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo de Gracia 68, 08007 Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)   |
Ranked #17 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Beautiful hotel at a perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

This is most certainly a 5 star hotel! Great service, very friendly and helpful staff. I had a junior suite which was very clean, spacious and had a terrific bathroom, I really loved the shower. It was one of these big rain shower head and combined with a very good water pressure, made showering an extremely relaxing experience. Indeed, as some other people mentioned, they charge for the coffee capsules. It is just 1 Euro, but still, it gives the wrong signal altogether and is somehow out of sink with the rest. They were certainly not stingy with anything else, the amount and quality of the shampoos, shower gels etc was far better than any other hotel I've ever stayed in, so why charge for a silly little cup of coffee? The roof terrace is lovely and offers beautiful views and the breakfast buffet offered all I could possibly have wanted and more. I would certainly recommend this hotel any time.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GM-GRavasi, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Guests,
Thank you for letting us know your opinion and for giving us some important suggestions about the coffee service.
We always appreciate hearing from our guests, because your comments are very important for us to continue improving our accommodation. Led me explain you that as a present of the house you have 2 coffee capsules for free. After these two capsules you have to pay for your other consumes because we consider that it is part of our Minibar offer.
Thank you very much for detailing your experience which I obviously will transmit to each department head involved.
Gemma Ravasi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a five star hotel in my opinion. Wonderful staff and our room was just lovely. A marble bathroom with a rainshower as well as a hand appliance, very roomy as well.
We had a sitting room with a flat screen TV as well as a very comfortable bed in the generous bedroom with another large flat screen TV. If we should return to Barcelona this is where we'd stay, no questions asked. You just can't go wrong.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I would like to thank you for sharing your Majestic Hotel & Spa experience.
I was delighted to see that your overall impression of the hotel and staff is a good one.
We look forward to welcoming you to Majestic the next time you come back to Barcelona.
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We just returned from Barcelona where we ended a cruise. We spent 4 nights after the cruise in Barcelona at the Majestic. It was one of the loveliest hotels I've ever stayed at. We were off our cruise by about 8:30 in the morning, tired from a late night prior. We got to the hotel around 10 and they checked us in immediately to an upgraded room. The staff was fabulous. Everyone we encountered was kind and helpful. Got a great reommendation for dinner from the doorman, who actually went into the hotel and called the restaurant to tell them we were coming. Breakfast is really good and they will do "special"orders if their good assortment of food isn't what you want. Also, it's a great location. We walked almost everywhere from there. Also used the hop on hop off tour bus, which stops 2 blocks from the hotel. And cabs are pretty cheap. All in all a GREAT stay.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I would like to thank you for posting your opinion about your recent stay a Majestic Hotel & Spa.
It has been our pleasure to be of service to you and we look forward to welcoming you to the Hotel the next time you come back to Barcelona.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had requested an "accessible" room, or at least a room with a shower rather than a tub. When we arrived, we had to wait in the lobby over six hours before one became available!
On our last night, there was a horrible smell in the room. We complained, and the staff apologetically told us that a paint job was in progress immediately below us. They brought up an air purifier, but even by the next morning some of the smell lingered.
Otherwise the room was quite luxurious...

Room Tip: The best rooms are outside the hotel...
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting your opinion.
We always appreciate hearing from our guests, because your comments are very important for us to continue improving our accommodation and feed back our staff. We would like to apologise for the negative points that you have mentioned regarding your check in. Let me explain you that our official check-in time is 3.00 pm but if we have had your assigned room available tended to be sure that we would have delivered it. Moreover, accept my apologies for the painting smell in your room because sometimes the necessary maintenances works can affect to our clients but with your comments we realise that we have to find some alternatives to avoid this kind of mistakes.
Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very nice location and decor but the food was terrible! They put me in a room by a firescape with a view of a construction zone....I don't think so! Changed rooms with a street view not bad. room amenities were nice, shower was heavenly. ordered breakfast asked for egg whites (omg)! I received a white mound of pebbles the size of a grapefruit! I only got part of my breakfast and had to ask about the rest of it! They brought it up soon after, I asked about the questionable eggs, the wait staff said were just simple people, "then charge simple prices". ( I didn't say it but I was thinking it! I think it was 40 bucks for breakfast. Overall, impressed with hotel, not a fan of service or food.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion from Majestic Hotel & Spa .

First of all, let me apologize if you have not been fully satisfied with our hotel as we are all very committed to deliver a very high level of service quality.

On regards to your comments about the food in our Restaurant, please accept my sincere apologies. A guest not satisfied is a failure for us and we always learn from it to get better and better.
I will transmit your comments to the F&B Manager in order to improve and avoid mistakes as the ones you have explained.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to demonstrate you the renowned quality of our property if ever your travel bring you back to Barcelona.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is my second visit to the Majestic, located in the centre of Barcelona. It is an adequate business hotel but it is let down by a few simple things that could be easily solved. Here we go...

Internet is expensive (Kubi wireless) and it doesn't allow you to be logged on with more than one device at a time. I had my iPad running and needed my laptop to work - couldn't do it. 5 star hotel MUST offer free wifi to justify the prices and in the public areas at least.

My room was small, noisy with an equally small bathroom. Two nights was plenty.

Breakfast is a disgrace. Again for 5 stars this hotel offers the most basic standard selection in a crowded, stuffy room. Really disappointing.

Finally, this is Barcelona. Party city. What are they doing shutting the lobby bar at 0130!?!? All we wanted was a beer and we had to order room service. Dull.

In defence, the staff are very nice and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
I thank you very much for your comments, we always appreciate your feedback in so detailing way because with it we can see what we do well and in what we have to invest.

Let me apologize if you have not been fully satisfied with your Majestic Hotel experience, I will transmit your opinion in our Direction Committee in order to improve some points that you have mentioned with all the heads involved.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and demonstrate you that we can do it better than your last visit.

Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed in Majestic in September for 3 nights. First time in Barcelona. On arrival at the hotel we found the reception staff quite friendly. Got to our room which was small but everything there. We had only been in the room for 15 minutes when we started to cough. The room was so dusty from the work being carried out to the hotel and when we looked out through the window it was like a bomb site with the air conditioning unit in the middle of it. We decided to ask for a different room as we were finding it difficult to breath. We went to reception and there we found a very unfriendly receptionist who never once apologised. We stayed put until we got another room on the 3rd floor still looking out on the bomb site but it was a lot better. We did not use the airconditioning because that was how the dust was getting into the room. I feel it is totally unacceptable that a 5* hotel charges for tea and coffee in the room and there is no free internet. Great location but no way would I stay here again or recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Madam/Sir,
Thank you for sharing your opinion from Majestic Hotel & Spa, this kind of review is important for us because with them we know where we have failed.
Please, let me apologize for the inconveniences related to the views of your room and the attitude you describe from our staff, which I obviously will transmit to our Reception head department, in order to improve our service.
I regret your stay was not satisfactory and I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future.
Gemma Ravasi

Been to Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona? Share your experiences!