“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

You added Claris Hotel to your Saves list
Claris Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pau Claris 150, 08009 Barcelona, Spain   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #94 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
uk
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

6 night stay at The Claris.
Great location , in my opinion the best part of Barcelona . Close to bus and metro stations . 2 minutes to Passage de Gracia , the Bond Street of Barcelona . About 10 minutes walk to Platia De Catalunya and Las Ramblas.
The hotel occupies an impressive building with a beautiful facade . There are friendly doormen at the entrance who offer advice on hotel and surrounding areas if asked and to help with luggage . The reception staff were a bit hit and miss . Some great some not so . The lobby is spotless and impressively designed . Rooms kept very clean too but I must admit ours did have a slight musty smell . The shower was hopeless though . Not powerful at all but still managed to soak the entire bathroom floor . I loved the Egyptian theme in the entire hotel , design and use of water on the concourse . The staff at breakfast were excellent . I would stay here again if the rate was favourable

• Stayed August 2013
Jlfernandez, Director General at Claris Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Distinguished guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback and for your nice review about the great location of the hotel and the beautiful facade .
On the other hand, we take good note of your comments that will help us to improve in some details.
We look forward to welcome you again at the Claris in the near future.
Best regards,

Deputy Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The location of this hotel is just wonderful. We walked just about everywhere we went for dinner, and for anything farther, there are nearby metro stops. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We were given a complimentary drink up at the rooftop bar on our arrival, where we also relaxed for a bit and took some nice photos overlooking the city. Our room was nice, on the 6th floor. The rooms are decorated with a decor of old artifacts, as I believe that the hotel owner is also the owner of the Egyptian antiquities museum less than a block away. You get complimentary passes to the museum with your room keys at check in. The room was very nice, clean and modern looking. We found the decor rather interesting and different. As some others have stated here, it's a matter of taste. The hotel wi-fi was I would say decent at best but we found it satisfactory to use our smartphones to help research our travel and dining plans, etc. There is a small variety store just down from the main entrance opposite side of street where you can get huge bottle of water and other supplies for all your walking around the city for extremely cheap. We did not eat any meals in the hotel so I can't share any experience with that. There is a nice cafe right across the street called Josephine that we used for breakfast and some other nice eateries very nearby. The only thing that I can really say about it that was bothersome was that the hallways outside the rooms are hardwood floors (at least on 6th) so if a woman in high heels walks by while you're trying to sleep, you could hear it resonate through the hall right into the room from the elevator all the way til their room. This didn't really bother me and in my opinion is just a minor nitpick. If that's all I can really say about the negatives then I think we're doing ok! They also have computers down in the lobby area to use and can also print out boarding passes or other items if needed. Funny thing, they keep the giant main glass doors so sparkling clean, I almost walked right into it thinking it was open the first time we returned from walking around. After that I would slowly approach with my hand out to make sure I didn't bash my face into it and end up on some embarrassing internet fail video. You'll see when you get there. I think it speaks to the care they take to keep everything looking sharp and clean though. Overall this was a very nice stay and we would definitely not hesitate to stay there again if we ever end up there again. I can definitely recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us.
We feel really good to know that you enjoyed the city and the Hotel facilities and service and we would like to recommend to visit our lovely restaurant (located in the roof top terrace) in your next visit, for sure you will also enjoy it!

Wrawby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed for four nights from 2 to 6 August this year. The staff were very attentive and pleasant. They were helpful without being intrusive. The hotel has a roof top restaurant, bar and pool. We had some cava at the bar one evening. The pool is small and like most pools, seemed to attract the same people all the time. The hotel is beautifully air conditioned as was the room we stayed in which was small (but we expected this) and clean. The Sony Brava tv had an excellent picture but is 'off-set' in the room and a little odd in it's placement. We had a view of the internal quad of the city block and as a result experienced no traffic noise. Breakfast offered a good cold choice and was self-service but one had to request toast.
Good points - location - two blocks form Goya houses, wide range of shops and restaurants and in walking distance of La Rambla and the Segrada Familia. Friendly staff, clean rooms.
Points to improve - greater range of cooked items at breakfast, ensure bills are made out correctly (we were being charged for breakfast each day despite it being included in the package - it was rectified when I produced my booking invoice).

Room Tip: Request room on upper floor away from elevators and overlooking the back of the city block to escape...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jlfernandez, Director General at Claris Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
First of all I want to thank you for sharing with us your feedback and we celebrate that you enjoyed your stay at the Claris Hotel.
On the other hand we take very good note of your comments in order to improve with the small details you mention and we look forward to welcoming you here in the near future.
Sincerely yours,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed for a long weekend - Without the kids!
We had a duplex room well decorated if eclectic art. Breakfast was worth the money especially if you didn't want to wait until 10 to go to a cafe.

Didn't notice any noise at all - windows well insulated and walls thick enough.

4mins walk from the station, so airport transfers painless. 10 mins from shops & great restaurants everywhere (especially if you keep of the main tourist tracks.

I would have given it 5 stars if not for the very limited seating around the small pool. Impossible to get a lounger or even a chair near the pool. But if you've come for the city not the sun then its just a minor irritation.

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice review as it is really important for us to receive our clients feedback.
We feel very proud to know that you felt comfortable with us and enjoyed our lovely city and the hotel services and facilities.
Do not hesitate to contact us in your next visit and we will be happy to show you our new and different stylish redecorated rooms.
Bet regards,
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Claris is situated at a great location. Spacious, nicely decorated rooms. The staff is very attentive and professional. Outstanding breakfast, aand there are plenty of great restaurants in the vicinity for dining out. Staying at this hotel was the highlight of our family trip to Barcelona. Looking forward to another visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jlfernandez, Director General at Claris Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
we are so pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us as far as it is very important for us to receive the feedback of our clients and we celebrate that you feel really satisfied with our facilities and service.
We look forward to welcome you at the Claris very soon,
Sincerely yours,

Morganville, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I am a travel agent who travels to Euorpe every year. This was my first trip to Barcelona and was overwhelmed with all the hotel choices and various locations. I chose the Claris hotel after searching and was so happy with my choice. The hotel is in a great location, within walking distance to the Bari Gothic area and the Ramblas. It is also across the street from where you can catch a Hop On Hop Off bus which is a great way to explore this beautiful city. It is in a clean and quiet area with shopping, restaurants but yet 5 minutes walk and you are the tourist areas. I was glad I chose thie location as the hotels closer to the Ramblas and Bari Gothic were noisey and crowded with people. You can even walk to see the beautiful Gaudi's Cassa Batllo and La padres buildings. We were upgraded to a beautiful executive room which was so large and beautiful. The bathroom was massive with a large soaking tub, rain shower and even a sauna. The bed was very large and comfortable and the A/C worked very well. The style of the hotel is modern with Egyptian art which makes for its different and elegant style.

From the minute our taxi dropped us off the doorman was there to start your welcome. Reception was amazing and they even escorted us to our room. They helped us with great choices for restaurants and sights to visit and printed out maps on how to get there.We had drinks on the rooftop terrace every night and not only enjoyed the view but the friendly staff. We decided one evening to have dinner at the rooftop restaurant and the food and service were 5 star. I will definitely return to Hotel Claris on my next visit to Barcelon and I will highly recommend it to my clients. Hope this helps with your choice of hotel for your holiday in Barcelona.

Room Tip: Get the executive room or the junior suite if you want true luxury.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jlfernandez, Director General at Claris Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Distinguised Guest,
Thank you very much for your positive review of your stay a the Claris.
We feel really happy to know that you enjoyed not only the location and facilitioes of the hotel but also the serviced received.
We look forward to warm welcome you again at the Claris in the near future.
Receive our best regards,
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel is in the most PERFECT location. I can't lie - we booked it because it was a 5* at lower star prices. I'd say this is a 4+ star hotel. Everything is lovely, beautiful, clean, etc etc but it is missing some of the key touches you find at some of the 5* hotels in the UK.

There were some great features at the hotel - the reception area is gorgeous, electronic window shades for full darkness, large wardrobe space, large bath, great shower. The best bit of the hotel for us was the roof terrace with a pool. The perfect place to relax after a long day of walking around Barcelona! They have a great drinks menu, which is on par with 5* hotels price wise.

We were in an Executive room on the 6th floor. There was a little noise from the cars on the road and the terrace bar - but after the first evening it really didn't bother us (plus we went to bed really early that night after travelling all day)! Oh, and at the rooftop bar that night we had the best Club Sandwich and G&T!

As I said in the title, the location of this hotel is perfection! You are just off of the Passeig de Gracia - giving you access to loads of designer and high street shops, hotels, restaurants and the Metro and train station. It was also always a nice surprise to walk a few minutes and be at the Casa Battlo! You can walk to Sagrada Familia within fifteen minutes. It only 30-40 minutes to walk all the way down to La Rambla and then down to the beach. We barely had to take public transport anywhere - although when we did it was very easy to use.

Great stay for the value.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jlfernandez, Director General at Claris Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to see you again.
Do not hesitate to contact me directly in case you want to come back to the Claris Hotel.
Best regards,
José Luis Fernández

Been to Claris Hotel? Share your experiences!