“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

$37*
and up
Skip the Line: Barcelona Sagrada Familia Tour
Ranked #3 of 280 Attractions in Barcelona
Type: Religious sites, Architectural buildings, Churches & cathedrals, Sights & Landmarks
Activities: Walking
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This masterpiece of modernist architecture, built by Antoni Gaudi, pushes the gothic style to the extreme, drawing hundreds of visitors a day.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The architecture and stonemasonry is mind-blowing. Gaudi truly was a genius!!
Having been to Barcelona many times I have never been to Sagrada Familia as it's always swarming with cruise ships tours and I'm not one for herds of tourists with cameras pushing and shoving. On this occasion I went with my husband who is a stonemason & I'm so glad we did go!!
This is an expensive excursion at 20Euros per person, but at least all the takings are funding the building work as the church is not due for completion until 2026 (when it is finished we will surely go back!!)
We were surrounded by waves of tourists and it was overcrowded but we still really enjoyed seeing the cathedral & learning a bit more about Gaudi.
On the downside, there's no cafe inside and you can't get back in when you go out so make sure you have a little snack before or you'll fade before you see it all!!

• Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 attraction reviews
“A must visit in barcelona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

beautiful! close to the metro you need to purchase a ticket before you enter..................................

Visited December 2012
4 attraction reviews
“Waurv!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We queued for about half an hour to get tickets to see the church and enter the towers. We could have booked online and walked straight in, but the queue moved quickly, the weather was fine and we spent the time examining the exterior of the building, which is just as splendid as the inside.

We spent several hours inside the church and took hundreds of pictures. The museum underneath the church is well worth a visit also. La Familia Sagrada is positively the most beautiful church we have ever visited!

buenos aires
17 attraction reviews
“get tickets online”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

otherwise, you will be stuck in line for almost two hours, also, the guided tours are not worth it, just get the self guided audio tour

Hasselt, Belgium
156 attraction reviews
“The most amazing building I have ever seen.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I had seen the Sagrada Familia in 1998 but not on the inside (there was little to see at that time). I went back to Barcelona this summer and bought tickets online in advance to see the church from the inside. I was glad I bought the tickets in advance because there was a long queue at the ticket office. I spent 3 hours inside to enjoy this amazing building. I think you can do it in less time but there was so much to see and the atmosphere was so nice that I stayed as long as I did.

Visited July 2012