“Lovely setting!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mariscco

Mariscco
Calle Corsega 272, 08008 Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)
+34 932922816
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Mariscco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #974 of 6,870 Restaurants in Barcelona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Eixample
Description: Situated in the heart of the Eixample district, mariscco offers the best quality to price ratio in the city. Mediterranean cuisine with fresh top quality products, from which the client can select the fresh fish and seafood they wish, and we will grill it or prepare it Andalucia style; one pays according to the weight of the product and we serve this at the table.
Sliema, Malta
“Lovely setting!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Set on a large plaza and provided good service. Food was good but not outstanding - price very reasonable.

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
“Tourist trap but not bad food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This restaurant is in Placa Reial which is without doubt a tourist trap and the restaurants all fairly generic - the food and service does not have to be amazing as they are not out for repeat business.

We went for the Lobster paella as it is something we would not have an opportunity to have at home.It was 18 euros per person and came out with all the tools to pull the lobster apart which was good fun. The paella was tasty but it was bordering on being a risotto. My boyfriend had profiteroles for desert which were fresh and tasty, the wine was reasonably priced. All in all it was an OK meal, at the standard I would expect for this type of restaurant in this type of setting.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food in a beautiful setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I ate here on a weekend away trip to Barcelona.
The square this hotel is situated in is lovely, quite rowdy when the time reaches midnight but the restaurants all look stunning with their fire heaters etc...
This one was the best out of all of them.
We had the Langoustine Paella and I have to admit, it was the best paella I've ever had.
We had lots of instruments brought to our table to get the meat out of the seafood, which we thought looked like we were about to perform an operation but it all added to the experience.
I had the chocolate fondant for dessert and my partner had the Chocolate Tarte which were both lovely.
The service kind of left something to be desired, but it was far from the worst we recieved while staying in Barcelona.
If I were to visit the city again, I would come here. And I have also recommended it to friends who are travelling there soon.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Moscow, Russia
“mediocre seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

More of a canteen, than a restaurant. Plastic tables and chairs, not romantic at all. Choice of seafood average for Barcelona. Wine list rather limited. Langoustines were tasteless, fish was overcooked. Salad was not impressive. Service was slow. Overall very average experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Looks promising but service is bad and food average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We wanted to eat seafood. We chose this restaurant on this website and were very happy when we entered as it looked really good. The lady at the entrance was very professional and helpful. Once we had chosen our food we went to sit in the restaurant. My 12 oysters were produced and 2 of them looked really bad, I mean it did look like it had fallen on the floor when it was opened or messed up by the knife.(see picture attached). I asked the waitress to change them but the Chef refused. I found the reaction unprofessional especially that we had also ordered fish and wine for a table of 3. The food was really average. Napkins are paper napkins which is also not good. The waiters were young people with no experience and service was awful. Overall it was a poor experience. I will not go back.

• Visited February 2013