“Beautiful food in a beautiful setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mariscco

Mariscco
Calle Corsega 272, 08008 Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)
+34 932922816
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Mariscco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #882 of 6,428 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Eixample
Description: Situated in the heart of the Eixample district, mariscco offers the best quality to price ratio in the city. Mediterranean cuisine with fresh top quality products, from which the client can select the fresh fish and seafood they wish, and we will grill it or prepare it Andalucia style; one pays according to the weight of the product and we serve this at the table.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food in a beautiful setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I ate here on a weekend away trip to Barcelona.
The square this hotel is situated in is lovely, quite rowdy when the time reaches midnight but the restaurants all look stunning with their fire heaters etc...
This one was the best out of all of them.
We had the Langoustine Paella and I have to admit, it was the best paella I've ever had.
We had lots of instruments brought to our table to get the meat out of the seafood, which we thought looked like we were about to perform an operation but it all added to the experience.
I had the chocolate fondant for dessert and my partner had the Chocolate Tarte which were both lovely.
The service kind of left something to be desired, but it was far from the worst we recieved while staying in Barcelona.
If I were to visit the city again, I would come here. And I have also recommended it to friends who are travelling there soon.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Moscow, Russia
“mediocre seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

More of a canteen, than a restaurant. Plastic tables and chairs, not romantic at all. Choice of seafood average for Barcelona. Wine list rather limited. Langoustines were tasteless, fish was overcooked. Salad was not impressive. Service was slow. Overall very average experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Looks promising but service is bad and food average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We wanted to eat seafood. We chose this restaurant on this website and were very happy when we entered as it looked really good. The lady at the entrance was very professional and helpful. Once we had chosen our food we went to sit in the restaurant. My 12 oysters were produced and 2 of them looked really bad, I mean it did look like it had fallen on the floor when it was opened or messed up by the knife.(see picture attached). I asked the waitress to change them but the Chef refused. I found the reaction unprofessional especially that we had also ordered fish and wine for a table of 3. The food was really average. Napkins are paper napkins which is also not good. The waiters were young people with no experience and service was awful. Overall it was a poor experience. I will not go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“The food is not good. I ordered Grilled Gambas but it is not grilled properly. I complained but no comment from the cook ..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

It's not place I will recommend to my friends..The price does not match to the service and the quality of the food.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Istanbul, Turkey
“Very delicious and fresh food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

It was an amazing restaurant. You choose the fish and sea food then they cook for you as you want. They were so fresh and the price was fair for the quality of food. We really enjoyed . The most beautiful sea food i ate in Barcelona.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere