“A highlight of our trip to Barcelona!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 545 Activities in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: El Penedes, lying between Barcelona and Tarragona, is one of the most famous wine-making regions of Catalunya, and in-keeping with our city tours, we want you to experience the most local food and wine the area has to offer. Join us for a day's adventure outside of the city! Booking our Wine Tasting in El Penedes excursion gets you: • 1 full-day adventure (let's go!) • 2 guided visits to local vineyards (¡ole!) • 1-2 glasses to taste in each vineyard (dainty sip) • 3-course lunch with wine in local restaurant (buuurp!) • transport on train and local taxis where necessary (vrooom...) • one seriously lovely guide (but, of course!)
sherman oaks
“A highlight of our trip to Barcelona!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I took my daughter to Barcelona as a college graduation gift. We heard about Barcelona Taste and decided it sounded like a great thing to do to introduce us to the food and culture of Barcelona. It turned out to be one of the highlights of our two weeks in Spain. We went to little "hole in the wall" places that we would never have ventured in to. The tapas were incredible, the drinks abundant and the little tiny cheese shop a real treat! The groups are very limited in size, which is one of the things that makes this so appealing, so make your reservations early so you won't be disappointed by your date being full.

I highly recommend Barcelona Taste as a must for every visitor

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great introduction to Barcelona and its amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I recently went on this food tour and really enjoyed it. My sister and I signed up for a tour on our first night in town. It ended up being the two of us with another couple and Jo. We went to four wonderful food establishments and ate and drank a ridiculous amount. Jo was so helpful in answering our questions about Barcelona, its food and its culture. She even took the time to write down all the places she mentioned to us, complete with addresses and a short description. It was well worth the time and money and I would do it again the next time I find myself there.

San Diego, California
“The next best thing to having a friend who lives there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The tour was a great opportunity to experience an evening of tapas like the locals do. Jo and Julie were very knowledgeable and gave us insight into the local food culture. There were 3 other couples on our tour, and although we were all strangers, it turned out to be a very pleasant evening. The food was great, the drinks were plentiful, and even though it was advertised as a tapas tour, I don't think anyone was hungry for dinner afterwards. A very enjoyable evening!!

Visited July 2011
“The thing to do in barcelona!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011 via mobile

We joined the this wonderful tour in July 2011. This was the best! When we get back to barcelona we will be doing this again.

Joe and Johana were awesome in accommodating with our 10 month infant and stroller!

They knew the great "local" places to eat! They were awesome guides as they provided great company as well as the explanation of the dishes and drinks.

If you Love food and wine and want to eat local food - this is THE tour you want to be.

Also their friend Noah was gracious enough to escort us as we had the wrong address to be.
I will be recommending to all our friends.

Toronto
“Terrific! One of the highlights of my trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

This tour is great and well worth the cost! We went to four different places - a cheese place, Catalan tapas, Basque tapas and a dessert place. Had the opportunity to try lots of different things I wouldn't have on my own, and the guides - Jo and Joe - were lots of fun and provided lots of helpful context on tapas and Barcelona in general. Lots of food to eat and had a drink at each place. I'd suggest you try to go early in your visit to Barcelona so that you can go back to some of the places!