“Staying here was a dream” 5 of 5 stars

El Palauet Living Barcelona
Passeig de Gracia, 113, 08008 Barcelona, Spain   |
Ranked #16 of 706 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
San Francisco, California
“Staying here was a dream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

We stayed here on a business trip and found the hotel to be an absolute gem. The location was perfect...walkable to tons of shopping and not too far from Las Ramblas. The suite we stayed in had a fully stocked kitchen and we were greeted every morning with an in-room cooked breakfast from our personal assistant. Anything we needed was cheerfully and quickly provided by the staff at any time. We even had in-room pedicures and then a massage on the beautiful roof top spa (which was probably one of the best massages I've had in a long time). Thank you to El Palauet's staff for making our trip an amazing experience. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
JanaSantamaria, Director General at El Palauet Living Barcelona, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Friends,

Dear Friend,
First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen El palauet Living Barcelona during your recent stay in Barcelona!
Your feed-back is of great importance. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you will next be in town.

We love that we could make your dreams.....

GLAD TO ASSIST YOU!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

It is rare when you see cool photos of a hotel room and then arrive and find that the rooms actually are better than the pictures. El Palauet is such a place. I can't believe the fit and finish of the entire apartment, it is like a magazine photo shoot. I couldn't stop staring at the ceilings, the moldings, the windows, and every square inch has been well thought out -- down to the fully-stocked, full-size refrigerator. The dramatic lighting scheme and automation takes it over the top. This is one of the nicest places I've stayed. The apartment experience really made my stay exceptional, way beyond any hotel. I actually found myself looking forward to heading back to apartment after a day traipsing around Barcelona.

The service level is beyond even the top hotels I've stayed in. Alex and Nuria were not only extremely helpful, but friendly and genuine and truly made the experience special. The in-suite breakfast is over the top good. The entire staff made it feel like you are staying in their home. Truly exceptional place. The location is also perfect.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Great design, spacious apartments and very high tech. The service though is not hotel-standard, though understandable due to there only being 6 "rooms" which in reality are 2 bedroom apartments. While the high design is unique and the location is great, some of the quirks quickly become annoying such as an elevator that would constantly get stuck due to the double door system (if a guest forgets to close either inner or outer door, you have to go to that floor and close it before the elevator can move again) and the ceiling mirrors on top of the showers, where from the entrance foyer you can see people taking a shower.

The "personal assistant", while I felt was trying his best, wasn't great with English and was fairly hard to get in touch with. This is more a place to stay if you're familiar with the city and don't need any hotel services (room service or business services for example - no one picked up over the course of an hour when we were trying to order room service and mailing a letter entailed walking to the nearest post office).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Palauet, Directora at El Palauet Living Barcelona, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Dear Friend,

Thank you for letting us knows your opinion.
We always appreciate hearing from our guests, because your comments are very important for us.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

A very nice experience. Rooms were surprising spacious and ultra-modern.
Staff could not have tried harder to help and to please. Quaint elevator and secret rooftop oasis that is beyond belief. My family and I loved this place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
JanaSantamaria, Director General at El Palauet Living Barcelona, responded to this review, August 30, 2011

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

This is one of the most t superb and memorable hotels of my many years of privileged travel experiences worldwide: El Palauet Living Barcelona. It is more than a hotel because it is a destination experience in itself, living in Barcelona as an insider, not like being in a hotel. El Palauet (it means “little palace” in the Catalan language) has only six suites, and they are immense, each with two bedrooms, two baths, a huge living room, separate sitting/office area-- I loved the complimentary broadband wi-fi and sat at my desk happily writing on my laptop. I had a full kitchen, completely equipped, all utensils, appliances, modern and high-Europe-design accoutrements, and a full dining room. I had the luxury of what they call a “personal assistant”, more than a butler or valet, at my service 24/7. Johnny, his name, told me about this exquisite mondernista (Catalan version of art nouveau) building built in 1906 by a famed architect contemporary to the great Antoni Gaudi (whom you should Google) whose imaginative and undulating buildings are just down the street. Gaudi is most known for Barcelona’s iconic Sagrada Familia. Johnny cooked my breakfast which was lavish and included eggs Catalan style, delicious and even with a unique “design” (I later learned he studied with one of Catalonia’s most celebrated chefs.) He also instructed me -- and instruction is a must -- how to operate the touch-screen “room intelligence” controls for climate control, music (great selection, and because there re many many high- quality speakers, I better enjoyed the music rich in quality while low in volume), also controls for the automatic curtains on the vast picture windows.
Bathrooms have gigantic “waterfall” showerheads, and the master bathroom is complimented by an additional room containing a big bathtub where the highlight is chromatherapy ... a progression of every color in the spectrum changing seamlessly and almost mesmerizing and relaxing in that room. Most memorable for me was the “Japanese style” combination toilet-bidet, I must say a high-tech human-friendly “luxury” even for that particular activity, hygienic, refreshing, paper-free, and hands free. Although not necessary, there were generous rolls of toilet paper.
The elaborate original modernism design -- elaborately carved ceiling adornments and decor -- were either perfectly preserved or perfectly restored. Special high-tech non-porous surfaces, in the kitchen counters and other tabletop surfaces are industrial strength yet soft to touch and highly clean, in creams and other warm colors. Embedded within these surfaces are subtly illuminated vignette designs that mimic the original patters on the walls and ceilings from over a hundred years ago. As if there were a conversation between them.
Hence the most ultra modern comforts -- and i really mean Comforts -- mingle within the authentic atmosphere and aesthetic of this treasured modernism period building
Yes, staying here I felt I was experiencing Barcelona from the “inside”. And with Johnny’s orientation even more so.
I exit my suite through my stalwart front door, stepped into my own marble foyer and into the antique elevator, perfectly restored, yet another “living experience”. Then out the almost private entry hallway , out the massive antique wood front door and, as i stepped onto the sidewalk of Passeig de Gracia, i knew i was exactly where I was supposed to be in Barcelona. (You encounter no lobby while entering or leaving...a drawing room set off from the entry hall, is where you register while relaxing on a sofa enjoying, a welcome drink and tapa, and reviewing your “guest profile and preferences” that you had sent via email .)
This is the charming neighborhood where the swank Passeig de Gracia (a tree-lined avenue often compared to New York’s (less lovely) Fifth Avenue, becomes much narrower as it crosses the major intersection of Avinguda Diagonal and morfs into a lovely tranquil street with a neighborhood ambiance and a garden-parkway with trees and statuary in the center.
Jimmy oriented me and accompanied me for a short walk pointing out some favorite shops, restaurants and patisseries (of course he could order anything I wish and bring it and serve in my room). At the same time he is admirably knowledgeable about history, architecture, cuisines and generously shared his knowledge in a way that was more meaningful to me as a visitor.
I stayed three nights with my partner, and with all the sightseeing, concerts and museums, we were always drawn back to our suite because we felt we were missing something by not being there. Additionally, we enjoyed going up to the private garden rooftop to use the open-air jacuzzi, Finnish sauna, have a massage in the spa area, then simply rest and have a drink in the quiet al fresco lounging area designed specifically for that purpose.
We will be returning to EL Palauet, and are considering combining a future stay there both before and after a Mediterranean Cruise out of Barcelona. Either way, I fell El Palauet is not a place to stay just one time, and to me it IS Barcelona.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Friend,
Thank you for having chosen El Palauet Living BArcelona during your stay in Barcelona!

See you soon
Best regards from Sunny Barcelona

Directora
THE FAMOUS TOLERANT AND VIBRANT SPIRIT OF BARCELONA IS WAITING FOR YOU!

Been to El Palauet Living Barcelona? Share your experiences!