“Tasty food, great service and great views” 4 of 5 stars

34 93 2593000
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
L'Orangerie - Restaurant in the Gran Hotel La Florida is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,736 of 5,863 restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: L'Orangerie is, quite literally, the top Barcelona restaurant, with stunning views of the city skyline and the Mediterranean Sea.
London, United Kingdom
“Tasty food, great service and great views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were staying at the hotel so thought we'd give it a go despite some poor reviews here. Yes Barcelona has a lot of great restaurants so it might not be worth the cost of the cab for those on a budget. We found the small menu was perfectly formed with some truly inspiring moments.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Service was appauling. Cold room and very dissapointed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I took my partner to Barcelona for his birthday and was told if I wanted a romantic meal with a view to go to this restaurant. I emailed to book 2 months before our trip and followed up my email 4 times to confirm our booking, that we could have the taster menu and that it was my partner special birthday meal so could they put a candle or sparkler on the desert. I did get 1 reply saying it was OK and they would do so. I paid 30euros for a taxi there (the views were the best bit!). On arrival a girl told us to go and sit outside the restaurant and somebody would be with us. 20 minutes later we had to walk into the restaurant and get somebodies attention. Nobody had even told them we were there. The hotel was lovely but had no atmosphere and was very cold. We were shown our seats and the mayhem started. We had 3 waiters in 3 minutes come over to give us a menu, all of them in different languages. They could not find an English one. Nobody introduced themselves or asked us if we wanted a drink! When we finally got the menu there was no taster menu and when I asked for one, he looked at me gone out and said he wasn't sure where it was. I then explained I had book 2 months ago and informed them in advance this is what we wanted! We then got the taster menu. The food was nice but not outstanding and it cost me £200. We were extremely rushed, we hadn't finished eating one course before the next was there, then to top it off at the end they bought a cake and candle out to the table next to us who look bewildered but accepted it! I was disgusted! I didn't even complain because nobody there seemed to have any authority or care. Then another 35euros taxi home! I was so upset that my 'surprise meal' was so terrible. The restaurant was dead and it was absolutely freezing. I had to eat with my coat on! I would not recommend this nor would I ever re-visit. It really let the hotel down.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Niederkruechten, Germany
“Not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My girlfriend and I arrived at the Hotel Gran Florida late in the evening and due to the hotel's location had little choice but to eat in L'Orangerie. As the restaurant is located within a 5 star hotel and is by no means cheap I was expecting to be wowed by the food. This did not happen. The menu is limited and the food is uninspiring. In the winter months it is too cold to sit outside so the only real appeal of the restaurant - the view over Barcelona - is limited to about 5 tables. There are much better restaurants in Barcelona at half the price.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“As I was on business the food had already been chosen hence the average mark.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Breakfast was good, a massive range of different choices. Didn't like the fatty bacon (but not a problem just chose something else)

Visited November 2012
Naples, Florida
“Nice restaurant in the hotel la gran Florida”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

A tasty cuisine and nice service. The food was good with a local flair and the value was good. A nice wine selection.

Visited September 2012