“Good Food and Good Prices” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Tinglado De Moncho's

El Tinglado De Moncho's
Moll de Gregal, 6, 08005 Barcelona, Spain (Ciutadella / Vila Olimpica)
+34 932 21 83 83
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
El Tinglado De Moncho's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,100 of 6,675 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Tapas
Good for: Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ciutadella / Vila Olimpica
Description: Como una autentica taberna de pescadores que recuerda las antiguas lonjas de Barcelona. Con su propia parada de pescados y mariscos, listos para que el cliente escoja las piezas que mas le gusten y se las preparen en la gran brasa de carbon natural a la vista. Ademas de los arroces y paellas, es el unico lugar de Barcelona donde disfrutar de los pescados enteros asados a la brasa de carbon natural.
Calgary
“Good Food and Good Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I had lunch twice in this restaurant. The food is really good and their prices very affordable. We basically had a huge lunch for just under C$30 for both of us. It included five appetizers, a main dish of paella, dessert and coffee and pop. The quality of their service is excellent as is the cleanliness of the restaurant. If we visit Barcelona again we will eat at this restaurant again and we have already recommend it to our friends. The restaurant is close to the marina at the north end of Barceloneta Beach.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Riverside, California
“A saviour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This stop was recommended by our tour guide. this was to be our farewell dinner and let me tell you it did not disappoint. After 9 days traveling from Madrid, Granada, and Seville and Valencia I was still waiting for a meal that I could truly enjoy and finish. So to be fair to the other locations I was on a tour group and some meals where included (all poor) and there was not a lot of time to go out and explore. So when we arrived at El Tinglado I Prayed the food would be satisfying and It was. The appetizers; shrimp cooked in olive oil and garlic, bread with a tomato spread, croquettes and last fried calamari. I thought I died and went to heaven and this was just the beginning. So because I had hyped myself up over this trip to Spain and the ideal of indulging in true Spain paella. I ordered the Paella as my main course (my previous experience in Seville was a bust). When the wait sat the dish down my mouth salivated, the large shrimp, mussels, chicken just made me want to tear in. I was not disappointed. This place I thought to myself saved my vacation because up until now I have not been satisfied with the food and even less satisfied with Spain and its customers service or lack of. Thanks El Tinglado you saved my day!!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The most horrible experience I have ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I feel that this restaurant has no idea of customer service and basic cooking. The waiters were intimidating and rude; and the food disgusting. We ordered a seafood plate to share and it was fool of sand, smelt unpleasant and I even felt sick when just trying one prawn. The waiter tried to convince us that it was normal to have sand in this kind of food, which I felt made matters even worse. After numerous demands to speak to the manager, a random and rather dodgy fellow, who was obviously either on drugs or drunk, came pretending to be the manager. He was rude and threatened us. He was quicky removed by the waiter as soon as we went to call the police, which in the end we had to call not only to control the initmidating situation but also on the dispute over the quality of the food and service. I would really recommend to avoid this restaurant.

Visited August 2013
“Food OK, good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by our taxi driver. We were sat at the front of the restaurant, so missed some of the atmosphere, but the food was generally good and the service very attentive. Not the cheapest restaurant in the area, but good value and a wide selection of fresh seafood. The waiter will show you the fish available if you ask?

Visited August 2013
Ploiesti, Romania
“excellent seafood & atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

very cozy restaurant on Port Olimpic, close to the sea; tasty food and nice ambient;
the menu is very diverse and offers a wide range of products;
i liked that the end of the meal the waiter gave us a digestive drink from the house part as a gift

• Visited August 2013