It started bad. At the reception the (french?) recepcionist gave us the key and said "that's it", to what I replied "no, that isn't", and had to ask him about breakfast time, opening hours of the pool and the gym .. and even so half of the information he was giving wasn't accurate
.. and it ended bad. We had to pay before we were allowed to check the invoices. First time in my life I have such an "approach"
The worst thing of the hotel was, by far, the breakfast. Not only was overpriced, but the quality was average (a few yoghourts had reach the expired date, coffee and orange juice had "strange" tastes) and the room was DIRTY. My wife sat three times on a very dirty chair, the tables were "sticky" and the floor .. well, you don't want to look at the floor, trust me.
On the positive side, the staff at the pool was fantastic, always friendly and helpful ..they made you feel really welcome to the hotel. Just a pity that the pool wasn't open till 9 AM for a morning swim
About the rooms, they were clean and spacious, and had the most silent airco I've ever experienced. Unfortunately the very noisy elevators two rooms further disturbed a bit the "silent" experience.
The gym was just half ok. Three treadmills, one of them broken, one bike and a couple of other devices. Strangely enough there was no possibility to get any drinking water, and after 30 min running in the heat ....
Actually we had a great time in Barcelona, but will try to forget this hotel (with the exception of the pool & the staff up there) asap
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Barcelona City Hotel has 264 rooms (including 22 suites) and is located right in the heart of the city on Avenida Diagonal (one of the city's main streets), next to Plaza Glòries and 55 yards (50 m) from the Jean Nouvel Tower. The hotel features a Claravía restaurant, a bar, 6222 sq. ft (578 m2) of meeting rooms, an outdoor pool on the terrace with panoramic views of Barcelona and a fitness center. Easy access to the hotel via Ronda de Dalt and Ronda Litoral. (The swimming pool is open only from 1st June to 20th September 2011) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Priceline, EasyToBook, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Novotel Barcelona City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Barcelona City Hotel Barcelona
- Novotel Barcelona City Catalonia