My husband and I spent two nights in the Novotel and enjoyed every second!
When booking the room I asked for a room with a view and wow did we get one! We had a wonderful view of the Torre Agbar building! The light show was fantastic to look at while having a drink in the room in the evening before heading out.
On checking in the receptionist could not have been any nicer or more helpful! She gave us a map of the city and pointed out some sights and where to find sites, ATM points and the nearest metro stations!
The rooms are excellent! Very clean, comfortable and stylish! Lush is my favourite word to describe this hotel! Breakfast was included in our booking and it was fantastic! The choice was a very wide range of parties, hot and cold foods all were delicious!
The bar is very reasonably priced and Fridays are great in this hotel! it has a happy Friday theme and on ordering our drinks we received two delicious fruit drinks from a very lovely lady that was serving at the bar that day!
The roof Terry's is also a great plus to the hotel! The pool was not open at the time we stayed but we did not miss it at all as it was a short stay!
The hotel is very close to Glories shopping centre, facing the Torres Agbar building and about a 15 minute walk from Sagrada Familia! There is a supermarket and ATM in the shopping centre!
My advice is to just go for it and try out the metro! It is confusing to start with but once you figure out which lines take you where it is excellent for getting around Barcelona! And a lot cheaper than taxis!
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Barcelona City Hotel Barcelona
- Novotel Barcelona City Hotel
- Novotel Barcelona City Catalonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Barcelona City Hotel has 264 rooms (including 22 suites) and is located right in the heart of the city on Avenida Diagonal (one of the city's main streets), next to Plaza Glòries and 55 yards (50 m) from the Jean Nouvel Tower. The hotel features a Claravía restaurant, a bar, 6222 sq. ft (578 m2) of meeting rooms, an outdoor pool on the terrace with panoramic views of Barcelona and a fitness center. Easy access to the hotel via Ronda de Dalt and Ronda Litoral. (The swimming pool is open only from 1st June to 20th September 2011) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Novotel Barcelona City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.