Arrived a bit early only to find our room was not ready yet. This is to be expected and I was happy to go kill a few hours in the city.
Reception and staff were courteous and very helpful. The rooms are acceptably spacious and clean - everything you'd expect from a Novotel room.
There is a hop-on-hop off bus stop (Torre Agbar) across from the hotel. This is an excellent way to explore the city whilst getting a guided tour. You have the option of a 24/48 hr ticket at E24 each and you can use this as transport whilst seeing the sights!
There is a shopping centre next to the hotel and a few good bars and restaurants in the neighbourhood.
All in all, a very pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Barcelona City Hotel has 264 rooms (including 22 suites) and is located right in the heart of the city on Avenida Diagonal (one of the city's main streets), next to Plaza Glòries and 55 yards (50 m) from the Jean Nouvel Tower. The hotel features a Claravía restaurant, a bar, 6222 sq. ft (578 m2) of meeting rooms, an outdoor pool on the terrace with panoramic views of Barcelona and a fitness center. Easy access to the hotel via Ronda de Dalt and Ronda Litoral. (The swimming pool is open only from 1st June to 20th September 2011) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, ACCOR, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Novotel Barcelona City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Barcelona City Hotel Barcelona
- Novotel Barcelona City Catalonia