“excellent location and food and delightful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ayre Hotel Rosellon

Save Saved
You added Ayre Hotel Rosellon to your Saves list
Ayre Hotel Rosellon
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carrer del Rossello 390, 08025 Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)   |
Ranked #82 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Bremerton, Washington
“excellent location and food and delightful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

From the rooftop terrace, the Sagrada Familia is front and center and only two blocks away. The room was pleasant and the staff were truly friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was far and away the best we had on an 18 day trip to southern Europe. We spent three nights in this hotel and would happily return here. I would recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ayre Hoteles A, Guest Relations at Ayre Hotel Rosellon, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Laura,

I am really touched by reading these kind lines about our hotel.Thank you very much for recommending us!
It really makes us glad to know we were one of the best experiences you tried during your trip in Europe. And the breakfast buffet is indeed a delight, isn't it?
We look forward to your next trip to Spain so we can share more happy experiences with you.

Warmest greetings,

Social Media Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Polish first
Boroughbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Great medium sized hotel. Easy check in/out. Great front of house staff, friendly and helpful.
Breakfast choices good, freshly cooked to order, great range of fresh fruits, hams,cheeses, croissants and breads. Not sure about choice for gluten intolerances so suggest asking.
Our room was fab, simple, clean and good view of La Segrada Famillia. We were on the 8th Floor. Room was quiet, no street noise. Air con worked well and quiet. No tea/coffee in room but 4 bottles of water (2 still 2 sparkling) provided gratis in fridge.
I can recommend the Apple Martini in the bar!
The roof terrace is a great addition with seating and views! There is a bar up there but didn't seem to be open as there was maintenance work. Nothing that interfered with residents though.

We got the train from the airport. Takes about 40 mins, one change onto metro depart at La Segrada Familia. Exiting metro turn back on yourself, cross road, straight over to next block and turn right. 200m on left is rear entrance to hotel.
You can buy a 10 trip ticket on metro for 2 persons (you use the same ticket).cost about 11-12 euros. A great way to get around. You can also download a metro phone app which is really useful.
We found a fab restaurant in the Gottic quarter Called Bliss Barcelona. Frequented by locals and businessmen. The food and service spot on and really sensible prices + wifi. Its on a small side street off a square. We paid 12-14 eurose for a beer,fanta lemon, cheese plate which was the best Ive ever had, and included, 4 types of cheese, toasted bread, salted figs, raisins, apricots, strawberries, lettuce, jam. Amazing!
Take some good shoes, you walk miles.
Suggest booking La Segrada Famillia and Piccasso museum before you go as the queues are dreadful and the former you queue in the sun. Best time to visit morning or early evening. If visiting the Cathedral its free before 1pm but they are restoring the bell tower so I donated anyway!

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the side of La Segrada
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a complete review about our hotel and our city. We're really happy that you had a wonderful trip in Barcelona and that we were a key part of it.

Thank you also for recommending our Apple Martini! I'll extend your congratulations to the bar staff and the rest of the team who helped build a great experience for you.

We look forward to your soon return!

Kindest Regards,

Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Taxi from airport to hotel cost approx 30euros, hotel is lovely, we had a view of the segarda familia which was amazing, it was spotlessly clean, with a safe, fridge and hairdryer, no iron or kettle though, we recommend you do the hop on hop off tour bus as tourist attractions are spread out, it's 27euro for one day or 35euro for two days, we did two days and it was the best money we spent, we seen everything and choose what we wanted to do as and when, we visited Barcelona stadium which was 23euro and well worth the money, we really enjoyed it, we also visited Tibidabo which is the highest part of the mountains, there is an amusement park there but we just went for the views which were breath taking and a photo opportunity, they only thing with visiting here is when u get off the bus u need to get a tram up the road (4euro each but we got taxi back for only 5euro) and then another tram up to the very top, which is 7euro with your entrance fee, it's quite easy and well worth the effort, there's a beautiful church there u can visit free of charge, the beach is beautiful and well worth a visit, we found drinks expensive and places spread out so I'd recommend buying a bottle at the airport and having a drink before u go out , over all we loved it and thanks to the tour bus felt we crammed as much in as was possible, u must visit the food market on la rambles it was so colourful and eye opening all the different foods and was very popular with tourists and locals, have a great time and not that we had any problems but keep your belongings safe and eyes in your bag, it's so busy xx

Stayed July 2014
Ayre Hoteles A, Guest Relations at Ayre Hotel Rosellon, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Kelly,

Thank you very much for taking time to write this review. We're sure your tourism guidelines for our city will help many of our future guests. We're glad you enjoyed your stay in the city and that we were part of your great Barcelona experience. We hope to have you soon back with us!

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Being in such a great location in the city, it was kind of hard not to book here. I knew La Sagrada Familia was one block over, but didn't realize its magnitude til I got into my room. The staff was very accommodating, friendly and always ready to answer any question you have. Front desk personnel and bartenders, spoke great English. Rooms were very clean and the air conditioning rocked!! If I were to go back to Barcelona, I would book here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Ayre Hoteles A, Guest Relations at Ayre Hotel Rosellon, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your taking time to write this wonderful review about us. We're pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. The views from the superior rooms are really worthy!
I'll extend your congratulations to the rest of my team as it encourages us to keep on working to fulfill and surpass your expectations.
Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you soon again!

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had a triple room with a direct view of La Sagrada Familia. It was wonderful! Better than we could have hoped for. The location is very nice as it is just a couple blocks to the cathedral and the metro stop is just a block away. The cleaning staff did a great job in our room and all the people working at the front desk were very nice and helpful. We arrived at 3am and the staff was very nice and quick with the check-in process. They also informed us of how to acquire tickets to La Sagrada Familia and helped us look up available tours for the following day. The only downside to our stay here is that the wifi is not great. We could only connect about once a day and that was only after much frustration trying to connect. However, we did find that everywhere we traveled in Spain had the same wifi connection issues. Also the views from the rooftop terrace are incredible!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ayre Hoteles A, Guest Relations at Ayre Hotel Rosellon, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.We're really glad you loved the splendid views from your room! We appreciate your positive comments about the cleanliness and attention of our staff as it encourages us to keep on working everyday to give a unique experience to our guests.

We apologize for the WIFI issue you went through. At the moment this is being taken care of and we expect to have it solved soon.

Thank you again for your recent stay and we hope to welcome you soon again .

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We spent 2 nights at this hotel during our stay in Barcelona. The hotel has very contemporary decor, rooms were good sized and the beds comfortable. The hotel desk staff was very helpful in providing a map, recommendations & assisting us with tickets to local attractions.

There is also a bar & restaurant. We didn't eat at the restaurant but the Sangria we had at the bar was delicious!

Our only complaint is the street noise. Our room overlooked a park and at 1:00 in the morning, there were people in the park with a dog who kept barking. No fault of the hotels, but it was very noisy. The room my sister had faced the front street and she too had a lot of street noise.

Also, on our last morning at the hotel there was no hot water. When we checked out, I asked about it at the front desk. I was told the hotel knew there was a problem & it was being worked on. The staff said they didn't realize it was impacting guests rooms. No offer was made to compensate us for the lack of hot water.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that isn't facing the front street or overlooking the park.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Ayre Hoteles A, Guest Relations at Ayre Hotel Rosellon, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing these kind lines about us.
It's nice to read you liked the hotel and our home-made Sangria!

We apologize about the incidence you went through about the hot water. This was a one-time-only issue and we were able to solve it in a few hours. However we understand there were a few guests affected during the time the technical issue was being taken care of.

We would like to make it up on your next stay with us so we would be really glad to be your hosts soon again!

Thank you again for your feedback.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel before knowing exactly how many of my girlfriends wanted to come along. I booked one room but was afraid that perhaps all of us won't fit in the room. I called the hotel and they suggested that it is better if I come there and upgrade based on the rooms they have. I agreed. My 3 friends and I left Ibiza (very tired) and arrived at the hotel at 12 am. The receptionist Carlos told us that according to Spain law only 3 people can stay in the room. I told him I would pay and book another room, he told me his fully booked for the night and that I would need to get one of us to go to another hotel. I told him I would. My friend and I left at 12:15 am and went out to look for another hotel. We got lost and couldn't find a hotel. We decided to waste time and come back early morning. We arrived back at the hotel at 5 am after sitting on the beach for hours. Carlos attempted to kick us out again at 5 am. We didn't know our way and was terrified on the streets of Barcelona. Shame on this man who threw 2 girls on the street. I will never stay here again !!

• Stayed June 2014
Ayre Hoteles A, Guest Relations at Ayre Hotel Rosellon, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Shirin604,

I am sorry to read your review and that you could not stay in our hotel together with your friends.
Our hotel does not have rooms big enough to host more than 3 guests, and even those need to be booked in advance since they are fewer than the rest.

There must have a confusion since we do not recommend to wait to book anything directly at the check-in as our occupation is always high -specially at this season- and we have very low availabilty as the arrival date approaches, so it is always better to secure your booking in advance.
I apologize on behalf of my staff if this information was not clear enough and if that led you to show up to our hotel and a day with no more vacancy left.

The Front Desk staff is always eager to help in any way they can so I am sure the intention of our receptionists was not to leave you in the street as you state. Our rooms are not freed by our guests until noon of the next day so it is very unlikely to have a room ready as early as 5am.

I apologize again for all the situation. If you need to contact us directly, please do not hesitate to contact us at socialmedia.rosellon@ayrehoteles.com.

Our Kindest Regards,

Social Media Team

Been to Ayre Hotel Rosellon? Share your experiences!