Top 3 criteria for me while booking:
1) Of course budget! Ours for this trip was 50 to 80 euros per night for a double room
2) Proximity of accommodation to a Metro station (has to be within 5-10mins walkable distance!) which is well-connected to the rest of the attractions in the city
3) And how safe is its location for 2 girls new to the city
Residencia Salesiana fit the bill.
Rooms: At barely 55euros per night for 2 persons which included breakfast, it was a good bargain since all we needed was a place to sleep and clean-up. Room and toilet were clean with a desk, chair, cupboards, and clean towels in the bathroom. We were aware that housekeeping was performed once every 3 days, a slight discomfort. Our room looked down at basketball court where kids would come down every evening, and a beautiful view of mountains which we woke-up and slept to each day.
Location: 10mins walk from Metro station (backpacker’s disclaimer: the road steeps down and climbs up), the university is easy to locate. This station can be taken to many attractions in half an hour more or less. The university ground feels very safe, and is situated at a beautiful location. Finding a restaurant nearby wasn’t very easy though. We walked quite a bit in every direction possible but couldn’t find a place for a meal or even a snack. May be we weren't looking right. There’s a place near station where you can have drinks.
Service: Staff was on rotation so it’s really your luck who’s at the desk that day. On our first day, there was a really helpful guy who seeing us just sitting around in the garden, informed (or rather insisted enthusiastically) that we go for the light-show event at La Sagrada, special for La Merceˊ. God bless him!
Breakfast hall is big, of course built like a university cafeteria. Breakfast spread was fair.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Residencia Salesiana Marti-Codolar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residencia Salesiana Marti-Codolar Hotel Barcelona
- Residencia Salesiana Marti-Codolar Barcelona, Catalonia