“Great location and great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Font del Gat Restaurant

La Font del Gat Restaurant
P. Santa Madrona 28, 08038 Barcelona, Spain (Montjuic)
93 289 04 04
Improve this listing
Reserve with
La Font del Gat Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,492 of 6,910 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Montjuic
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Great location and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Try the menu del dia for some interesting food selections at good prices or otherwise ask for the tapas (or snack) menu for some great reasonably priced tapas. Also the location within the Montjuic gardens is idyllic.

Visited May 2012

“Shocking service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Was thoroughly disappointed. Service was painfully slow. The waiter was ignorant and rude. Our order of simple stuffed olives and salted almonds hadn't arrived after 40 minutes. We let our feet do the talking and walked. On the upside the location was awesome.

Wellen
“Good food for cheap prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I'am a student marketing from Belgium. At the moment, I am in Barcelona for a 3 month internship. Last week my parents visited me and I planned to do a tour around the Montjuïc with them.

When my boss heard that, he advised me to take a lunch at La Font del Gat. And he was right. It was a wondefull experience. The food is very good, you have a magnificent view and at the same time, it is very quit. For my internship, I work in the city. So it was nice to eat without all the noice of the cars and so on on the background. I really plan to go back some day.

Another nice thing, is that the crew speaks English. They even have English dinner maps which is very helpful since I don't really master the Spanish language. The price was also not very expensive. For 13,30 euros, you get one drink, a starter, a main course and a dessert. All of very high quality. Just wonderfull!

I will really recommend this restaurant to my family and everybody who want to visit Barcelona.
Without a doubt.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hasselt, Belgium
“Excellent food, magnificent location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

During our 4 days stay in Barcelona, we went to several different restaurants. I must admit that La Font del Gat was the best restaurant we visited, especially to have a great lunch in the afternoon! The wonderful terrace in the middle of the magical Jardins of the Montjuic, in combination with a low-priced but very high-quality meal makes this restaurant one of the most amazing places in town!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A welcome oasis on montjuic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Situated next to the Greek theatre on montjuic park is a lovely courtyard with beverages and a compact menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Food