“Bliss spa” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
London
“Bliss spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Better spa than in Bliss London, such good treatments and I have the same member of staff each time so really look forward to a bespoke conversation about my skin each year I go back to her. Brilliant quality products in the spa and in the shop, try the oxygen facial then free chocolate brownies and champagne. Great spa to be in on your own as you get looked after and the staff are very friendly with great English. Both bars are brilliant afterwards too! Thank you!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (689)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at the W Hotel Barcelona for 4 days on the 22nd floor in the marvelous suite. superb views over Barcelona excellent suite with lounge, dining room, bedroom, with all mod cons, nothing was to much trouble, staff were polite and helpful and the food was fantastic. the whole hotel just oozes coolness from the decor to the surroundings and back ground music a very nice stay that i would reccommend to everyone. next stop the W hotel London!

Room Tip: go for rooms at high level to get the full benefit of the location
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed during winter, so the beach and pool were not as important to me as they might otherwise have been.
Pros: Very comfortable bed, high standard of fit-out, quiet room, helpful staff, generally peaceful ambience
Cons: Walking distance to old town; breakfast adequate but a little on the underwhelming side (for a W); lobby restaurant a bit on the pricey side for Spain.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We spend there long weekend before Valentines day . Weather was little bit cold , but still we could enjoy nice walks around hotel and city . We was staying in ''Fabulous'' room on 20th floors . View was just incredible ! Service excellent , hotel staff really helpful . Food in hotel restaurant nice. Eclipse bar amazing , cocktails there was very tasty . Room service perfect ! The weekend was special for us and hotel staff make it even better ! Highly recommended ! Would like to return there :)

Room Tip: More higher u are , better view u have . Ask for room on highest floors :)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Saltsjöbaden, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I'm still in awe..where do I start. Can I just sum it up by saying..whatever you want, whenever you want it, you will find it here. The service is impeccable. The Hotel is stunning. The facilities inside weather one of the eateries or the spa/gym - you will not be disappointed. The concierge was delightful - even the bell boys were well groomed and highly personable.
10 out of 10!! Superb!

Room Tip: There are 26 floors - the higher the better!
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I wasn't staying at the hotel but went to the bar on the top floor. My bag was stolen with my laptop and ipad. In trying to get anyone to help I spent half an hour chasing around security and finally the hotel manager, who said it was not their problem and I would have to go to the police outside in the city centre. The deupty manager told me I probably never had the bag in the first place and just made the whole thing up. The only conclusion you can come to is that the staff are actually stealing as I could never imagine such a pathetic response from what is supposed to be a 5 star hotel. Simply awful and embarrasing, leaning on the criminal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
WBarcelona, Hotel Manager at W Barcelona, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Sir/ Madam,

First of all, thank you very much for sharing with us and other travelers your recent experience at the Eclipse night bar. I was shocked to read your comments and I sincerely regret your unfortunate experience concerning your bag with the laptop and ipad inside. Please allow me to follow up on this important issue. To do so, I would like to talk to you personally, so if you would be so kind to write an e-mail to my personal assistant elisabeth.vilardell@whotels.com, and tell me how I can contact you, it will be my pleasure to return your message with a personal call or e-mail.

May I take this opportunity to assure you that our hotel always seeks to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service and it is my sincere hope that your recent experience will not deter you from visiting W when you are next in Barcelona. We look forward to welcoming you to W Barcelona and being of service to you on many occasions.

I look forward to receiving your e-mail.
Best personal regards,
Gonzalo Maggi
Hotel Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Just had a 3 night stay at the W. impressive hotel in a relaxed location overlooking the beach and the city. Excellent check in and staff very helpful indeed. We stayed in one of the WOW rooms and it couldn't be faulted apart from a few minor faults. There was no free drinking water available in the room, there was a stain on the sofa and 2 of the lights didn't work. We also ordered room service and considering the price, the food was particularly average.
The breakfast was included in the price of the room, the selection was very broad including breads, fruit, hams and cheeses, pastries, cereals and then hot options we available. As this costs 30 EUR pp, I would say it was really worth paying that, cheaper options are available in town.
We had a cocktail in the top floor eclipse bar which was very enjoyable with great views and a modern feel and good atmosphere, the cocktails we chose were some of the best we have had. Only negative was that some of the furniture was slightly scuffed and worn.
The location of the hotel is good, away from the hustle and bustle and a taxi to the bottom of La Ramblas was 7 EUR which is about half an hour walk. There are some reasonable food and drink choices about 10 mins from the hotel.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Barcelona. It's a shame these minor flaws mean I can not give it 5 stars but should they sort these out I would not hesitate to give it 5 out of 5.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to W Barcelona? Share your experiences!