I've been traveling regularly to Barcelona for about 25 years now so I've stayed in quite a few hotels in the city. Although it's expensive, I'd say the Mandarin Oriental is the best. The rooms are well thought out with attention to deal that other hotels could learn from. The lights are easy to use and there are reading lights by the bed as well as night lights. There is a special closet just for empty suitcases. The service is good, the restaurant recommendations from the concierge were excellent. The pool was in the basement and so a bit dark but was of a decent size. The location is convenient. We didn't try the hotel restaurants although these have had good reviews but the breakfast was good despite a long wait for cappucino most mornings. I'd love to stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona Catalonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona has a superb address on the city’s famous Passeig de Gràcia, near the Casa Batlló by Gaudi with its fabulous façade. Our new luxury hotel, with 98 rooms and suites, is situated in an elegant mid 20th century building, recreated with a highly stylised contemporary interior by Spanish born designer Patricia Urquiola. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.