“Two Bedroom Apartment only with 3 beds, very noisy” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #87 of 706 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Schweiz
“Two Bedroom Apartment only with 3 beds, very noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We booked a two bedroom appartment for us and our two children and were suprised, that one bedroom had only a single bed. So our children slept in the bedsofa in the living room!
Additionally the rooms ar not at all noise insulated and as we had students in the appartment beside us celebrating all nights until three in the morning the stay was not really worth the money.

Room Tip: Please confirm the number of beds in the bedrooms before you book!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
XavierBessa, Director Comercial at Just Style Apartaments, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Patrick F,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write your review.
I am very sorry for trouble with neighbors. We have a 24-hour reception, unlike our competition,
to provide solutions to problems like these. With just a call to reception everything would have been arranged.

We would love to see you again with your family. So next time you could write
us an email and we will send you our best deal :)

Commercial Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Heiloo, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Nice and spacious appartment; helpful staff; good location, although taxi's had some problems finding it (good to indicate it is across the cinema); cleanness: average; equipment in kitchen: a water cooking device for tea would be handy; would come certainly again and recommend it.
A fitness center would have been nice for a longer stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
XavierBessa, Director Comercial at Just Style Apartaments, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear ZD,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write the nice review.
We appreciate knowing your stay with us was enjoyable.
For next time request a water cooking. We´ve got it at reception.
If you need a Gym, please tell us we will inform you for a good one very very near.
Thanks again for writing nice review and you ever come back to Barcelona, write us, we will make you a good deal.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I would like to thank Xavier who has been fantastic during our stay at this hotel last august 2013.He gave us all the information we needed about places to visit in Barcelona and was very helpfull from the beginning of the stay till the last.The Hotel itself is very well located.There's a good transport connection thanks to SANTS ESTACION few yards away.The only reason why i'm taking one star away is because the front desk Manager(i forgot her name).She lacked commercial touch by wanting to make us pay 9 euros parking for 2 hours just because the last day i needed to use the hotel's car park in order to put my luggage in the car.i thought it was ridiculous to ask 9 euros for a client who's paid about 1000 euros for his stay,including the parking which was expensive(22.50 euros a day).After paying for 4 nights parking,i found a free parking spot nearby.When i asked to use the garage for few hours (maximum 3 hours)in order to sort out everything(luggage,kids...)She asked me to pay 9 euros.
Apart from this,it's worth going to this hotel,especially knowing that someone like Xavier works there and is ready to respond to any customer's requests....Once more,thank you Xavier.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
XavierBessa, Director Comercial at Just Style Apartaments, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear smaileyhand,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write the nice review. We appreciate knowing your stay with us was enjoyable.
Thanks for making my job easier. It was a real pleasure.
I appreciate the comment to my work. But at Just Style more than Apartments are a team.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. We try to do it better next time.

We would love to see you again with your family. So next time you could write us an email and we will send you our best deal :)

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Unless you need to be near the Rambla (or some other place) this is an ideal location – 5 minutes from the train station, the metro (subway) and buses such as the sightseeing buses. There are all kinds of restaurants and food stores within walking distance. We got there on on Sunday and there were some convenience stores open so we could stock up on supplies.

But I really want to tell you what happened with our reservations. We made the reservations for a Saturday even though we would only be arriving Sunday morning from a cruise. We wanted to be sure we could check-in as soon as we got there. We were two couples so the reservation was for a 2-bedroom apartment for 6 nights in June of 2013.

We got off the ship real early and we were at the apartment about 8:30 am. When we checked-in the guy said there was a “little problem” - it turns out the only apartment he had ready was one where there was only one bed in the second bedroom and the fourth person would have to sleep on the couch in the living room – not exactly what we had in mind when we reserved a 2-bedroom apartment.

He did have a 2-bedroom apartment, with a 'real' second bedroom, but the people had just checked out and it had to be cleaned. So he stored the luggage for us and we went for a walk to the train station to look around. When we came back the apartment was still not ready so we waited in the lobby for another half hour and then we were able to get in the apartment about 10 am.

I did not make a fuss at the time because I was mainly concerned with getting in the apartment as soon as possible and I didn't want to complicate matters by having a big dispute, who knows where that can lead to!

When I got home I sent an e-mail to Just Style Apartament and suggested since they had rented the apartment twice that first night they owed me some money. To my surprise they got back to me right away, but they said I my reservation was for 4-people and that's what they had ready for me – an apartment which slept four people. Well, then why did they say there was a 'little problem”, and the guy did not say this is what we had reserved.

I told them I was going to write a review of this and here it is. I would suggest that you be very specific about what you reserve with them so they can't get out of it with a technicality. It would have been nice if they had owned up to their 'mistake'. It's not really about the money – this was a 5-week vacation in Europe and one night in Barcelona gets lost in the rounding :-).

A couple of other comments. I asked about a public laundry and the lady at the desk said there is no laundry in all of Barcelona. I thought this was strange – they do have laundry service but at prices you might as well buy new clothes. Anyway, I decided to try again the next day when another person was at the desk. To my surprise he had a hand-out with directions to a laundry – they do have them! It's about 10 – 15 minute walk, so it's not too close but the price was right!

They bring new towels and empty the trash every day, but this is all the service you get. We expected this and had no problem with it. They give you one capsule for the dishwasher, I guess so you can do the dishes when you leave. It would be nice to have one for each day so you can do the dishes every day. It would beat trying to find this in the stores.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
XavierBessa, Director Comercial at Just Style Apartaments, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Sir.

First of all thank you for coming to Just Style Apartments and for spend some time in this review..
About the "problem" that you had the first day I inform you, as we told you at you, your apartment was not sold twice. The apartment that you had assigned since the day before was the one that was ready at your arrival, we have apartments with one double room, one single and a sofa bed in the living room (up to 5 people) and apartments with 2 double rooms and a sofa bed in the living (up to 6 people) as your reservation was for 4 people and you didn't ask for 2 doubles we gave that one to you, we always try to satisfy the requests of our guests if we can. The apartment was not resold because it was ready at you arrival, the "problem" as you say is that at your arrival you preferred the apartment with 2 double rooms, we understand that, so we gave you the option of waiting for the room that you preferred, of course was not ready at that time because was not your apartment.
By the way I hope that you understand the explanation and we hope to welcome you back in Just Style Apartments, next time just tell us what you prefer.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Went toBarcelona for the football match on Friday 2 August and stayed at the Just style apartments, have to say it is the perfect location for walking to the camp nou, 3o minutes max and an easy stroll at that. In terms of the room, it was in perfect condition and looked very smart. Reception was excellent, quick easy and friendly. Location for me was first class, right across from a main line station.
Very good indeed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Xavier B, Director Comercial at Just Style Apartaments, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear cmcgregor9,

Thank you very much for your review.
When guest are like you everithing is easy.
We hope see you soon.
Foça Barça!

San Gwann, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Myself and a friend stayed here for a couple of nights on a recent trip to Barcelona. Location was excellent, yards away from the Estacion Sants. Staff were helpful, and I felt went the extra mile to help our break go smoothly. The room itself was modern, comfortable and all of the facilities worked as advertised. I would definitely stay here again if I return to the city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Graeme C,

Thank you very much for your review.
Thanks for explaining the truth status at Just Style Apartments.
How you said, everything is as advertised.
Hope see you soon.

Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel is on nice place, but to expenciv. In the room when you try at night to go in toilet you must over the bed or over sombady becouse my son sleep in extra bed and who sleeping next to balcony is blocked. One day I ask to clean under they told me that is 15eur or clean for yourself. This hotel is close to train station and to music fountain. We was 6 days but in the hotel we spent minimum time and relise that we pay tooooo much.

Room Tip: take hanging floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear,

You has been confused. We are not a Hotel we are a tourist apartments.
I am sure when you book the apartment you accept prices. I suppose the price for four people not seemed expensive. As you should know cleaning service is an extra and it is not 15 € is 35 €. You booked a "loft apartment" and that is why your son slept on the sofa bed. You could have booked a two bedroom apartment for just 20 €.
I'm sure in a hotel for four people would have cost twice as you paid in the apartments Just Style.

Hope see you soon.

Commercial Manager

Been to Just Style Apartaments? Share your experiences!