“Best value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #340 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Limerick, Ireland
“Best value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I did visit Barcelona for my birthday and I find excellent value for money.
I did request that my bedroom have a window and I get it room 425 .
The room was clean with international TV Chanel and every think u expect for an hotel 4 star..
I ve been very impress with the breakfast buffet when you find every think from cereal , yogurt , local cheese or cheddar and hot food as scrambled or fried egg and sausage ext.....
Jose Luis at the reception was excellent as soon he find out I was a head chef in 4 star myself he give me the name of 3 or4 restaurant ( off Main Street) to try out....
My bed room was clean daly and towel change....
We did plan ower trip carefully and we manage to get free breakfast by booking strait to the hotel.....
I'll be back.....

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Greek first
Bridgend, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My boss organised trip to Barcelona we stayed in silken ramblas in Barcelona , fist impression very positive , nice small but this is where all positive thinks about this hotel ends , rooms are not clean specially bathroom , staff are not friendly at all , we ask in a morning for ice bucket and champagne glasses for evening drink in pool are , they never deliverd them so we had to go down to reception and ask again , someone brought plastic cups and no ice bucket l receptionist was arguing with us !!!
I personally had the worst experience , I forgot my glasses , so the same day I have email reception , they confirmed they found my glasses and they can send them to my or I can arrange somone to pick them up , what kind of question is that ? How can I get someone to pick them up , or send company to pick them up , who does thinks like that ? Anywhere they told me price will be around 40euro I was very suprices why is so expensive , in the same time I was thinking I will pay 40euro and I've ask them to send it , today they confirmed my glasses has been pick up and the total price it's 59euro !!! Can anyone imagine that 60 euro to send glasses , I didn't agree to pay 60 euro, I have ask them if they can send them by regular post , a fortunately they said no , I was very curies about the price so I went on webside of ups price from Barcelona to poland on ups webside was 37 euro !! How discussing is that .

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel , I think this will be the best tip
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The lobby area is very nice. We requested a high floor and far away from the lift and we were given the 1st floor next to the lift! So first impressions were not the best. One light in the bathroom not working and the central air conditioning's off leaving the room stifling hot. We had to open the window over a tiny courtyard which lead to hearing other people in their rooms. Very noisy!
Staff on the whole were very correct. The bar looked completely out of sync with the hotel's modern surroundings.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Let me start with the one good thing this hotel has to offer: the location! It is good, close to the Rambla, but enough "off" to not be too touristy.
Unfortunately, location is not enough.
The first night of four I was awoken by something crawling on my leg and found a brown-black bug happily walking around on the bed. I collected the bug and presented it next morning to the reception who besides not really paying much attention or apologies offered to have me change my room during the day. The new room was dark and facing a shaft. I got another room though - one above the first room. Coming home from conference the next day I found my room had been sprayed with some heavy chemicals, making everything stink and me wonder if the room was safe to stay in... A colleague staying next to me actually changed room due to the chemicals.
In general the cleanliness of the hotel was questionable, but the bug and the chemicals sort of hit the nail. I am not going to stay at this hotel again next time in Barcelona.
Oh, the breakfast was not that bad, but the wi-fi never worked.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel for three nights and overall I was very pleased with my stay.
The location is great, right next to La Rambla.
The room was a standard, but it was big and spacious. My room was facing a quiet back street which meant the it was very quiet at night.
However, I found the walls to be very thin and I'm happy that I wasn't staying next to a newlywed couple...
I found the breakfast to be decent but overpriced (€18) and you'll get a much better deal by visiting one of the many cafés in the neighbourhood.
All in all this hotel is highly recommendable, but I would imagine that noisy neighbours could potentially spoil your stay.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the quiet yard on the side of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Veneto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is situated in a really good location, just a few meters from La Rambla, so good if you want to visit the city by foot. We stayed in a 3-beds room, which was big enough for everybody, the bathroom was good although we had the inconvenience of having another guest: a cockroach. Apart from that, it seemed like there was no light in the room, it was very dark, also the only window we had was facing internally so, basically anybody from the other rooms with windows facing internally could see inside ours. The staff is helpful and kind, had no problems with check-in or check-out. I would recommend it only for a short stay though.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ashmore, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent a week in this hotel early November. It is a very conveniently located hotel, quite modern with good sized rooms and bathrooms. We checked in very early and it was no problem. The staff are all very friendly and helpful.
We initially booked 2 nights on-line at very good rates so decided to extend our stay for the full week of our visit. The rates we got at the hotel were more expensive than on-line, however we were happy to pay more because it was convenient.
After the first couple of nights the air conditioning system was shut down. The room became unbearably hot & stuffy, even though it was cool outside. The only way we could stay in it was with the window and door open. Neither of us got a good nights sleep from that point on. Having to have the window open meant putting up with noise including crying babies (because everyone had their windows open) and smoke from the smoking rooms.
The hotel also advertises free WiFi which is true but it is so slow it is next to useless, so if you want decent WiFi you have to pay extra for it. The password system is cumbersome and on the last day we simply couldn't connect - not good when you are checking in on-line for long haul flights. Luckily there is a great restaurant on the corner that has free and fast WiFi.
Unfortunately we ended up regretting our decision to extend - which is a shame because it really is a very nice place, but when you pay 140 Euro a night (in the low season) you expect a certain level of comfort and convenience.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Silken Ramblas Barcelona? Share your experiences!