“Lovely hotel but pool area disappointing ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelona Princess

You added Barcelona Princess to your Saves list
Barcelona Princess
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Diagonal Avenue 1-3 | 50 , Eters From the Beach and in Front of the Convention Centre, 8019 Barcelona, Spain   |
Ranked #111 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely hotel but pool area disappointing ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed for one night post cruise and overall excellent stay.

Reception and concierge extremely helpful and rooms spotless and differently nice.

The only negative is that the pools - both of them - seemed to get no sun in the afternoon.

In summary, would really recommend this hotel for a city break but, if you are looking for a bit of sunbathing in-between sight seeing, it's not for you.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I recently stayed here during April with my girlfriend along with my parents in two double rooms. I was greatly satisfied with the stay. The location is excellent. It may seem slightly outside of the city but there is a tourist bus stop right at the door along with trams and a subway 2 mins away. It is situated right beside the main shopping centre in a nice rejuvenated area. The agbar building is not too far away. We stayed on a high floor with great views of the ocean while sagrada can be seen from the other side. Neither pools are suitable for length swimming but are a nice addition with style. Rooms are spacious and modern. The showers are also high powered. Beds are comfortable while there is plenty of space and as I mentioned a great view from above. The staff are extremely helpful and the breakfast was to a high standard with plenty of variety. It is a little over priced but we were upgraded to free breakfast which was a nice touch. Cleaning staff are thorough and extremely quick. Room in great condition every day with a new gift bag with toiletries. Door man and concierge are also very helpful. Ask for a high floor if staying here and it really is a great location in a great city.

Room Tip: the higher the better
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

My partner brought me here for a birthday treat and Barcelona is beautiful but look at other hotels before you settle for second best (the princess hotel) my partner asked for a double bed we got two singles pushed together which kept moving while we slept.my partner informed the staff at the hotel it would be my birthday abd could they arrange something for him they declined to help, but Raul the waiter on floor 3 saved the day and got me a tealight candle and a chocolate cake which was very sweet and rounded the evening off.Thank you Raul.One of the hotel staff made eye contact and smiled the whole 4 days we were there and the was the concierge.I would come to Barcelona again but not this hotel.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Powell, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

A number of my colleagues and I were attending an event at the CCIB. We made a group reservation with differing arrivals and departures and there was some confusion on my arrival which was quickly resolved (to my benefit as I received room upgrade). My room was very generous, clean, modern and comfortable. The free WiFi was flawless and the minibar is stocked with an assortment of free drinks. I didn't sample the breakfast (coffee and pastries were available at the conference) but did enjoy a nice lunch at the hotel restaurant. The hotel is very close to the convention center (walk around the corner, cross the street and you are on the walkway to the main entrance) and the price was reasonable for such a convenient conference venue. I had a lost passport scare and the bellman was genuinely concerned and very helpful - so I left with nothing but pleasant memories of my stay at the Princess.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Hotel is about 10 min drive from city centre but close to the beaches.

Overall had a good stay but nothing out of this world. The lobby is like a budget hotel and the bar is incredibly small for the size of the hotel.

The room was lovely in terms of design and the view of the sea was good, there were nice touches like electric blinds and the bed was comfortable. The ensuite was all about design and the view made it almost open with a glass wall however it meant the wc cublcle and shower were small small indeed, so they clearly went for design over practicality.

There were some touches such as slippers but the toiliteries were minimal with cheap shower gel and shampoo.

Breakfast I thought was fairly average to poor. For this type of hotel there is nothing wrong with self service but they could atleast deliver coffee instead, even the coffee was from a machine and the quality I thought was poor. The fruit and bakery choices were fairly good but overall I thought it was a mass market average experience that personally I wouldn't choose to repeat anytime soon.

I think the worst part of the princess was the service, no one seemed that happy and this came across in the attitude from one or two people on the front desk to housekeeping. This hotel is basically a beach and conference hotel but they have no ironing boards or irons in the rooms so if you want to iron a shirt you have to ring laundry for them to press the item and charge something like 8 euros. I rang at 3pm and said I needed a shirt pressing but I was going out but could I have it back by 5pm. A fairly grumpy woman basically yes and would send someone up and to leave the shirt on the bed which I did. I came back at 5 to find that someone had come up but instead of pressing the shirt they had just left it with a sheet to fill in and sign. I then had about 40mins to get it rectified. but I couldn't believe someone had come up and just left it. I eventually got it pressed just in time but it came over fairly badly if the woman I had spoken to had told me to fill the form I would have done but she didn't instead someone had just left it.

Overall ok hotel, clean but I wouldn't choose to come back unless I had a business meeting which required me to stay here. I suspect there are better hotels in Barcelona.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is HUGE, has very spacious rooms, and great value for money! Try their massage service! I went for it as I was coming from Paris via night train & was in great need for a massage & it did NOT disappoint! The location is amazing, close to a mall & metro station!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for 1 week during Mobile World Congress. Room was fine albeit a bit worn down in need of a refresh for sure. Some observations:

1. Ceilings painted black and no real overhead lighting meant room was a bit dark
2. Lots of buttons to do various things (raise/lower curtains etc) not self explanatory not labeled...one button to raise another switch to lower.
3. TV was postage stamp sized and very high up on the wall.
4. No AC and window would not open...had to call Front Desk to open...and repeat everyday as housekeeping shuts the window (and wont re-open unless ordered by front desk due to "security" issues.

Breakfast included in the rate was good coffee was not so good.

Location is convenient to metro and a mall with some decent dining options.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to Barcelona Princess? Share your experiences!