“Pretty bland hotel, nothing special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel SB Diagonal Zero Barcelona

You added Hotel SB Diagonal Zero Barcelona to your Saves list
Hotel SB Diagonal Zero Barcelona
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Placa Llevant s/n | Forum Barcelona, 08019 Barcelona, Spain   |
Ranked #203 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Dallas, Texas
“Pretty bland hotel, nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here for two nights while attending a conference. The hotel was OK, but adding a few services would really help them stand out. They refused to change any money into Euros, telling me that they were not a bank. As banks in Spain close very early, it was difficult to find someone who would change it for me, since the hotel did not offer this service.
The room view was simply terrible. I was on the back of the hotel, and faced a long abandoned construction site. I kept my drapes drawn at all times, as it was just depressing to look outside.
The internet was fast, but would kick you off after about 2 minutes of disuse. It was time consuming to have to log on every single time. They also seemed to shut it off after about 1am or so until the next morning. Annoying for those of us who need to work late.
Overall, not a horrible hotel, but nothing I would ever return to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the building. The views in the back suck.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SBHotels, Director de Recepción at Hotel SB Diagonal Zero Barcelona, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment of our hotel.

I am afraid but we do not offer the service "bureau de change" as you said, so we cannot change any money into euros.
I would like to inform you that we do not shut internet off during the night, it is always working.

I hope that you will give us another chance in the future!

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Farnham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Spent five nights at this gotel while at a conference at the Centre accross the road so it was certainly in a good location near the Exhibition Centre. You needed a taxi to get into town as there seemed little nearby except for a shopping Centre which did have fast-food type resteraunts and a cinema. The hotel was next to half-built tower blocks which gave it a slightly sureal feel but was otherwise pleasantly located within walking distance of the beach. The rooms were comfortable and of good design but quite standard while the service was also good, if unremarkable. My bathroom had mould on the walls of the shower which was a pity and the cuboard did not shut. Overall I was happy with most aspects of my stay even though I felt the hotel was a little expensive for what was on offer and there could have been greater effort to make my stay really special.

Room Tip: High up to see the sea
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SBHotels, Director de Recepción at Hotel SB Diagonal Zero Barcelona, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you to write your opinion about our hotel.

We are really sorry for the inconveniences that you had in the bathroom.
The hotel is located just 20 minutes from the city center by metro, so the taxi is not the only option to get into the town.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in your next visit to Barcelona!

Oviedo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I had the unfortunate experience of staying at the Princess hotel last year which is across the street from the Zero B. I was adamant I was not coming back to Barcelona unless I had a hotel with good service and air conditioning. I was scarred by my experience.

My wonderful teammates found the Zero B. which is across the street from the convention center and where our work event was hosted. I was greeted so nicely and was well taken care at the front desk (Miguel) and also by the bell guy (Allessandro) who explained every detail of my room. It had A/C!!! The room in terms of the lighting and location and number of electrical outlets was outstanding. The bathroom was also much larger than most European rooms. I had a decent view and a window that opened and allowed fresh air in.

I was well taken care of by the front desk all week (Angela and Joe). The bonus and it was a real bonus at the hotel was the spa!! After all the traveling I have done over the last six weeks this was SO wonderful. I had fabulous massages by Diana and Vanessa. I also had other services like a facial which I don't know what they did but my face looks great! Pricing was very reasonable too for a hotel. I was thrilled to have this spa right downstairs...I could sneak in during the week. Just great.

The only reason this hotel gets 4 stars instead of 5 is the food. I had the breakfast buffet two mornings. The only thing I really care about (as a American) is nice scrambled eggs and some potatoes. The eggs were absolutely disgusting and there were no potatoes. The rest of the breakfast items were quite nice (e.g., fruit, breads, meats) but I didn't care about the rest. I had room service several times. It was equally disgusting. I had the hamburger, nachos and some club sandwich I think. All very poor. Even the fries which are hard to do poor were not cooked fully. Huge disappointment on the food. The menu wasn't very enticing either. No good options.

However, I can live with lousy food...next time I am in Barcelona this is my hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SBHotels, Director de Recepción at Hotel SB Diagonal Zero Barcelona, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment of our hotel.

I am very glad to read your great opinion about our hotel. I will tell to my colleagues your nice words about them!
We will take into consideration your comments regarding the food, your opinion helps us to improve and become better every day.

We will be very happy to see you again at Hotel SB Diagonal Zero!

Monaghan, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Although this hotel is lovely its on the wrong end of the beach.now that the w has opened it seems that the happenin crowd are hangin at the other side.the hotel is really big and rooms have everything you would need but decor was lacking and restaurant never seemed to be open?its close to a shopping centre which has restaurants but if ur wantin to dress up and go for fancy meal u need to get taxis everywhere or take flats so u can walk the distance.while i enjoyed my stay in this hotel i think it would have been even better in a more authentic style spanish hotel closer to the parc olympico and the main shopping streets.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Claire,

Thank you very much for your comment. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is true that we are not in the heart of the city, but we have a great transport connexion,
there are buses, metro and tram a few minutes walking from the hotel.
We are located around 20 minutes from the city centre.

Please find below our restaurant opening times:
Breakfast- from 7:30 to 10:30
Lunch- from 13:00 to 15:30
Dinner- from 20:00 to 22:30 (Sunday closed)

We look forward to welcome you back at our hotel in your next visit to Barcelona!

Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Overall a good hotel - and very good at the rates. Staff are friendly and helpful, once you overlook the relatively long-winded check-in/out process. The outside courtyard bar is good - albeit with views of the construction site next door. The rooftop pool is a bit underwhelming compared against the web site images.

Our room was clean, functional, modern design touches. Perhaps with a business traveller in mind it is divided around a desk/workspace. Remain to be convinced that a microwave is an improvement on a kettle for tea/coffee. The lighting/AC controls are pointlessly complex - but will (and did) appeal to the tech geek in the group.

Others have commented on the location - and very much a matter of personal preference. It is not the prettiest part of Barcelona - very much under development/Business District - and views are dominated by the (impressive) Telefonica offices opposite. On the upside - 5 min walk to beach with a friendly bar. Typically excellent transport links to the city centre at all times of day and night.

Generally would be quiet district at weekend - but we visited during La Merce when all hell breaks loose until 5am - due to proximity of a large, free, outdoor concert. Excellent if you join right in - Barcelona at play is a sight to behold...

Room Tip: Recommend upgrading to Exec if you plan on spending any time in hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
SBHotels, Director de Recepción at Hotel SB Diagonal Zero Barcelona, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel SB Diagonal Zero on tripadvisor.

We truly appreciate your honesty sharing both sides of your opinion about our service and the hotel in general.
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our location, and you found our staff friendly and helpful.

I inform you that we will put instructions of the AC and lighting settings in the rooms, so it will be easier to use the touchscreen.

We look forward to welcoming you very soon again at our hotel!

Woodbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Had a great stay here was very convenient for underground. Outside garden was lovely at night with lighting, soft music and fountain. Drinks reasonably priced and breakfast was a really great buffet, although I didn't dance the cooked items. Staff were really helpful, would definitely return here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with other travelers and thank you for letting us know your nice opinion about our staff, our location, and the hotel in general.

We look forward to welcoming you back for many more stays in the future!

Affligem, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Good, clean and nice hotel outide the bussy places of Barcelona. Quick acces by metro gets you everywhere in the city. 2 minutes walk from the beach. Rooftop pool with spectacular views. Free wifi and little safe.
Free use of the pool and possibility to acces a gym and spa facilities.
Nice terrace outside with bar and causy and loungy tropical garden.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your stay at Hotel SB Diagonal Zero.

We are really glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, as well as the bar and the rooftop pool.

We will be glad to welcome you again in the near future!

Best regards,

Been to Hotel SB Diagonal Zero Barcelona? Share your experiences!