This is not a low-cost apartment. It costs 136 Euro per night, so we had some expectations. We were not looking for luxury, but for a decent place to enjoy our vacation.
First, there are 3 good things that I must say about this apartment:
1. Its location is excellent.
2. The person in charge (Nicolas) has a very nice personality.
3. It is equipped with a very large safe (can accommodate even large laptops)
1. The apartment was VERY dirty. The floor was sticky, so we must wear shoes all time. You must take spastic shoes for the shower, because you would not want to have any physical contact with it (everything there is rusty and black).
2. The maintenance is poor.
3. The furniture and equipment are of the lowest possible quality.
4. The hot water is sufficient only for 2 showers, and then you have to wait for a few hours. The water temperature fluctuates during the shower.
5. The equipment is minimal. No shelf to place the soap in the shower, so you must keep it in your hand all time.
6. The apartment is noisy. Noise comes from the street (all night), even with closed windows. It also comes from the corridor, as closing the doors cannot be done in a quet way.
7. The bedroom window is useless, as it faces an inner yard, which is very-very ugly and smelly (from all the toilets of the building).
CONCLUSION: If you want to stay in the middle of the city and can tolerate the above problems, then this is the right place for you.
- Also Known As:
- Chic & Basic Urquinaona Apartments Barcelona, Catalonia
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and EasyToBook so you can book your Chic & Basic Urquinaona Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.